12/02/2007: Let's kick Abel!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 11, 2007, 11:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on February 12, 2007, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 09:07:50 AM
Quote from: Kenji on February 12, 2007, 12:53:53 AM
Yeah, but that's also what most fan artists say.
Including Amber: http://www.furfire.org/fanart/Furfire_Shonen_05.jpg
...I think I'm missing something here.  There's another author saying Dan's gay and one saying Jyrras is, but neither of them is Amber.
In this case Amber was the fan-artist who drew the strip.  (No-one specified DMFA fan-art, and besides it's interesting given that it's from late 2003)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Yugo

Of course Dan just couldn't help but sneak in a badly placed joke after being very much not his usual self. I'd play the odds and go with whatever's more likely for Jy-Jy but they're both pretty even, so I'd throw my money in on bisexual. Dan: Straight, Jyrras: Bi   :tmyk
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Boog

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 12, 2007, 01:22:48 PM
Remember, his true purpose is the training and education  of Daniel in the arts of seduction, and sexual pleasure...
Que? My impression was that it was more about how to not end up bickering with his own limbs again. You know, controlling his powers and whatnot. Or do you think Abel has an agenda of his own?
Annnnnnd there it goes. Me brain broke. That comment o' yours has no business being said around those whose imaginations have been bolstered by being ex-4chan viewers. *goes off to find some paste and tape or something*

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 07:18:13 PM
Quote from: Caswin on February 12, 2007, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 12, 2007, 09:07:50 AM
Quote from: Kenji on February 12, 2007, 12:53:53 AM
Yeah, but that's also what most fan artists say.
Including Amber: http://www.furfire.org/fanart/Furfire_Shonen_05.jpg
...I think I'm missing something here.  There's another author saying Dan's gay and one saying Jyrras is, but neither of them is Amber.
In this case Amber was the fan-artist who drew the strip.  (No-one specified DMFA fan-art, and besides it's interesting given that it's from late 2003)
I gathered that, but just because she showed those authors' takes on it, that doesn't make it an endorsement by her.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kenji

Back in my day, people took a joke as a joke. None of this investimagation. 

:mikelo2

....Also, none of our turtles were gay.

MaskedRetriever

I'd like to point out that a lot of us bisexuals hear "oh yeah well you'll grow out of that" a fair amount, and speculation that Jyrras isn't "really" bisexual tends to feel a little like yet another person denying our existence.  I know it almost certainly wasn't meant that way, but it's definitely got potential for misunderstanding.  For the reccord: we're here, we're half-queer, and we aren't changing.  Really.

:tmyk

8) THE GOGGLES!  THEY DO NOTHING!

Boog

Yugo

MaskedRetreiver, you said it considerably more eloquently than I could've right now. You win.  :bow

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 12, 2007, 11:12:19 PM
I'd like to point out that a lot of us bisexuals hear "oh yeah well you'll grow out of that" a fair amount, and speculation that Jyrras isn't "really" bisexual tends to feel a little like yet another person denying our existence.  I know it almost certainly wasn't meant that way, but it's definitely got potential for misunderstanding.  For the reccord: we're here, we're half-queer, and we aren't changing.  Really.

Quoted For Truth.

MaskedRetriever

:mowwink

Getting back on topic, I'm really glad Dan's put this down straight, so to speak, and now it's time for Jyrras to set the reccord, uh, straight, on Abel.

THE PUNS WERE NOT INTENDED I SWEAR  :B

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 12, 2007, 11:12:19 PMI'd like to point out that a lot of us bisexuals hear "oh yeah well you'll grow out of that" a fair amount, and speculation that Jyrras isn't "really" bisexual tends to feel a little like yet another person denying our existence.  I know it almost certainly wasn't meant that way, but it's definitely got potential for misunderstanding.  For the reccord: we're here, we're half-queer, and we aren't changing.  Really.

(I'm not sure if you were responding to me, but...)

I should point out that my statements on the matter should not be used to imply that Jyrras is not gay or bi, or that anyone is not gay or bi, or will ``get over it,'' but rather that he seems rather unsure of his sexuality at this point, and so I'm not sure that we can state anything with certainty.

In fact, I do believe that I gave even odds on Jyrras being bisexual or (anything else).  Which, for those of you playing at home, breaks down something like this:

50% probability of being bi
33% probability of being gay
12% probability of being straight
5% probability of being an Inamorato

If any of these are Jyrras' true preference, then he's not ``going to grow out of it'' or whatever.  I'm sure he could change--Jim Jones proved that.  But by now, whatever his sexual orientation is, it's probably pretty well set.

Your statement, however, was quite eloquent, and I commend you for that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MaskedRetriever

It's quite possible Jyrras is only "not done working out his sexuality" which certainly does happen.  I suppose I was trying to point out that, while this is legitimate speculation, there's a lot of potential to misinterpret it and rather than have us in the Alternating Current crowd silently grinding our teeth over it I should just point out that that isn't what's being argued.  Jyrras very possibly isn't wholly settled with himself, but that is a separate issue from whether it's *possible* that he's "really" bisexual.

The odds as I see them:

90% Bisexual (His various escapades into Lust are ALARMINGLY similar to my own extremely bisexual feelings)
8% Gay
2% Straight

Much lower odds on straight because he too appreciates the Abelchest.  Which is delicious.

Aridas

He seems like a nicesexual, the way things have been going...

MaskedRetriever

It's about the pattern I followed early on: When someone was nice to me, showed character traits that appealed to me or was generally "cool" about something, the sexual response (which I'm imagining triggers on gender fairly strongly for you monosexuals out there) would kick in.

ShiningShadow

But in Jyrass case maybe he's just confused about these sexual feelings. MInd you he's innocent and naive about sex and what classification he is right now. I think Jy-Jy needs to be very honest with himself and finding out his sexual feelings within himself. As I see it

35% Bisexual

5% Gay

60% Straight

MaskedRetriever

Personally I don't think that's giving Jyrras enough credit, but I can see how someone would get that impression.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_628.php

Jyrras' thoughts in panel two prrrobably didn't go as far as buttsecks, I'll grant you but I would bet dollars to deck nails there was nuzzling, biting and fondling on his mind.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 13, 2007, 12:32:26 AM
...rather than have us in the Alternating Current crowd silently grinding our teeth over it I should just point out that that isn't what's being argued.

Is there an analogy for the three-phase system?  And if there is, do I want to know about it?  :B

superluser

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 13, 2007, 09:20:55 AMJyrras' thoughts in panel two prrrobably didn't go as far as buttsecks, I'll grant you but I would bet dollars to deck nails there was nuzzling, biting and fondling on his mind.

Heck, I'll bet dollars to Publisher's Clearing House checks that that's going through his mind in 743.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2007, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 13, 2007, 12:32:26 AM
...rather than have us in the Alternating Current crowd silently grinding our teeth over it I should just point out that that isn't what's being argued.

Is there an analogy for the three-phase system?  And if there is, do I want to know about it?  :B

Which three phases?  Gay/Bi/Straight or alpha/beta/gamma on a three-phase 60-hz 120vpp-to-ground power transmission protocol?  Because despite having the same number of possible contact points I don't know if it's a fair analogy since adding alpha to beta voltage gives you *negative* gamma times some cosine of something as opposed to positive gamma which is what you get when you add gay to straight.

I may not have studied power for more than ten weeks but I'm still a double E WHAT

Tapewolf

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 13, 2007, 09:38:32 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 13, 2007, 09:31:49 AM

Which three phases?  Gay/Bi/Straight or alpha/beta/gamma on a three-phase 60-hz 120vpp-to-ground power transmission protocol?

The latter, although we run 50hz at 240v line-to-ground over here.  Actually it might be better to stop there...  >:3

Bunnaroo

Maybe I'm just a greymuzzle, but isn't this interest in sex a bit, ahem,  immature? When you get it regularly, you honestly don't care who's getting what and from whom.

Folks, let's not bring the politics of sex into this forum. I have enough of it from the talk radio...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bunnaroo on February 13, 2007, 09:59:38 AM
Maybe I'm just a greymuzzle, but isn't this interest in sex a bit, ahem,  immature?
Well, I guess we can discuss electrical engineering if you prefer...

thegayhare

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 13, 2007, 07:10:07 AM
But in Jyrass case maybe he's just confused about these sexual feelings. MInd you he's innocent and naive about sex and what classification he is right now. I think Jy-Jy needs to be very honest with himself and finding out his sexual feelings within himself. As I see it

35% Bisexual

5% Gay

60% Straight

I'd like to ask your logic at  saying the odds Jy squeek being straight are 60%

that seems counter intutive to the facts

I mean we know of 3 crushes and two of those are male

so is it the more men you are atracted to the more straight you are?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2007, 10:11:12 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 13, 2007, 07:10:07 AM

35% Bisexual

5% Gay

60% Straight

Honestly I don't know I think in the case of Jy-Jy I think his feelings for both Dan and Abel is just honest good feelings towards them but as you see it from Dan which he told him in other words I'm very flattered you have these feelings for me but I'm straight type of response. That's why I see Jy-Jy confused emotionally and sexually. I care about the roorat and his feelings I just don't want  him get hurt and be more confused. That's why I want Jyrass to be very honest with his feelings.

Sunblink

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 12, 2007, 01:21:45 AM

HaZxMaT, you win a thousand Awesome Points for that. XD

I ask you, who can bring yourself to kick such a magnificently sarcastic, smartass, blunt, smug... uh...

...on second thought, it's rather easy to be provoked into kicking Abel.

I think Dan handled that rather eloquently, save for the triple negative which got slipped into there. Nicely handled--poor Jyrras, though. Gotta sympathize with his little dilemma.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

terrycloth

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2007, 10:11:12 AM

That seems about right, actually. 90% of people are straight, and something like 30% experiment with homosexuality. That means about 2/3rds of the people who have crushes on guys are straight.

Yugo

Quote from: Bunnaroo on February 13, 2007, 09:59:38 AM
Maybe I'm just a greymuzzle, but isn't this interest in sex a bit, ahem,  immature? When you get it regularly, you honestly don't care who's getting what and from whom.

Folks, let's not bring the politics of sex into this forum. I have enough of it from the talk radio...

It hasn't necessarily been immature as a whole. At least not the discussion about sexuality. Maybe the comments about buttsecks, fondling etc. were a little immature, but talking about Jy-Jy's sexuality is still somewhat on topic. At least the way I see it.

superluser

Quote from: terrycloth on February 13, 2007, 02:48:21 PMThat seems about right, actually. 90% of people are straight

That is, in fact, the only reason why my estimate of Jyrras' chances of being straight are so high.  Ignoring that statistic, I'd put it down around 6-8%, just slightly higher than the Inamorato.

Quote from: terrycloth on February 13, 2007, 02:48:21 PMThat means about 2/3rds of the people who have crushes on guys are straight.

Sorry, ladies, but apparently you can't like guys. :B

thegayhare

Quote from: terrycloth on February 13, 2007, 02:48:21 PM
That seems about right, actually. 90% of people are straight, and something like 30% experiment with homosexuality. That means about 2/3rds of the people who have crushes on guys are straight.

Wait  I still don't see that logic as making sense

The more male crushes a guy has the straighter they are?  how straight does that make me then?

Straight guys with the ocasional  male crushes yes I can understand

but Jyrras has 3 persistant crushes,  and the two he seems to deem the important ones are the male crushes.  He didn't seemto think the one on Lorenda was important enough to talk with Alexis about

If I was going to to set odds I'd have said
20% straight
30% gay
50% Bi

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on February 13, 2007, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: terrycloth on February 13, 2007, 02:48:21 PM

Wait  I still don't see that logic as making sense

The more male crushes a guy has the straighter they are?  how straight does that make me then?

Eh, girls always like the gay guys. That's where the straight comes from.
On a more interesting note, though, I hope when Jy and Dan get back, Jy does those evil lil shifty eyes, gives Abel a "lovetap" with his foot, and runs. O:3 Just cause the thought was put in his head.