Air combat sims

Started by Shadrok, February 01, 2007, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

As some of you mite know I'm a bit of a wing nut, and well one of the types of games I like to play on my computer are WWII flight sims.

What I was wondering is does anyone else play any fighter sims?

The current one that I play is "Jane's WWII Fighters".

xHaZxMaTx

I played Ace Combat 5 for a while.  WWII it ain't, but kick-ass it sure was.

Shadrok

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 01, 2007, 06:46:43 PM

Yes it is, I'm still trying to get every plane in the game, I think I've got one left that I don't have.
This one the ADF-01 Falken

I have to say my favorite plane in the game so far is the X-02 Wyvern.

Also like the song the game makers used in the opening. "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd :ipod

xHaZxMaTx

I don't remember a lot of the planes that were in the game, but my favourite was the F-14 Tomcat, hands down.

That X-02 looks a lot like an F/A-22 Raptor from the top with extended wings and fuselage.

Shadrok

Quote from: wikipediaComponents and sections of the aircraft bear striking similarities to diverse sources as the Su-47 Berkut (canards), YF-23 (tail configuration), F-22 Raptor (Nose/fuselage stealth design) and Su-37 Terminator (engines).
I see what you mean, I like the performance more then the looks of the plane, it had more Air to air missiles then the others.

Now if I was bombing I used the Mig 1.44 but that's because you can take out more tanks with one bomb then with one missile.

As for the F-14 it's nice too, used it for a lot of missions. I definitely like the milti lock and fire option.

Over all the game was great regardless what plane you took up.

Distracting

I prefer Ace Combat 4 and Ace Combat 0. I mean, AC4 was just kinda...great, and with AC0, you've got not only the Wyvern, the Falken, but also the Morgan. Plus, you gotta love references to legends and myths. Get this, one of the superweapons is called Excalibur.

Yeah, I'd say more but my finger hurts. I'm a total Ace Combat nerd. =P

Supercheese

The air combat game I like the best is Crimson Skies (High Road to Revenge). Too bad virtually nobody plays it on Xbox live anymore... :(

The Lurking Dragon

belated post -
Ace Combat 05? Awesome game, enjoyed every minute of it... well, except the stupid mission where you have to run away. The whole thing had a decent learning curve but once you got a few missions under your belt (and some decent planes finally) it kicked ass. I personally ended up unlocking the F22 by accident quite early on so that became my workhorse for everything until/unless I needed/was forced to use something else. The Falken is okay, but the X-02 was better IMO becase the Falken's secondary fire was so limited in firing arc. As for Crimson Skies, I've played that with friends over at their place. Had a heck of a lot of fun running at street level in the skyscrapers level with people chasing me trying their darndest to shoot me down and cursing my ability to turn down a random alley just as they lined up on me.  :mwaha Granted I didn't kill a lot of people but they had a hard time getting me dead too.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Turnsky

Quote from: Shadrok on February 01, 2007, 08:44:01 PM
Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 01, 2007, 06:46:43 PM

Yes it is, I'm still trying to get every plane in the game, I think I've got one left that I don't have.
This one the ADF-01 Falken

I have to say my favorite plane in the game so far is the X-02 Wyvern.

Also like the song the game makers used in the opening. "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd :ipod

'nuff said

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Turnsky/The%20Pad/DSC00528.jpg

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Shadrok

Quote from: The Lurking Dragon on February 28, 2007, 11:51:16 PM
Had a heck of a lot of fun running at street level in the skyscrapers level with people chasing me trying their darndest to shoot me down and cursing my ability to turn down a random alley just as they lined up on me.  :mwaha Granted I didn't kill a lot of people but they had a hard time getting me dead too.

Sound like something I did with a friend in AC4.

He got tired of trying to shot me down so we decided to play follow the leader on the day time city map.
Long story short, he was all building *SMACK* or *STALL* *CRASH* when I was the leader.
When he was the leader it was full throtle at high alttatude.