1/26/2007 Spiders In My Hair‼

Started by Tiny crested flint, January 25, 2007, 08:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on January 26, 2007, 02:30:56 PM
Ok...too many mentions of certain anatomy in thread...

What?   Hair?

PBH

thegayhare

Quote from: Stygian on January 26, 2007, 02:29:41 PM
Speaking of the strands, does The Gay Hare have Gay Hair?

nope but only cause I'm bald...  I don't have hair just fur

and yes this topic is entirly too hairy

SkipSanders

Quote from: Manawolf on January 26, 2007, 02:28:08 AM
Seriously Hollywood, let's try for something with an actual good original story to it.

Want a great over the top horror story that Hollywood Effects could run wild with?

The Bureau 13 series.  (book adaptations of the Tri Tac game by Nick Pollotta)

Demons, Vampires, dread beasties of all types (including Godzilla... those movies are after the fact coverups of REAL fights with the Big Guy!), anything and everything.  Fought by a secret branch of the FBI with guts, magic, and very high tech.

Story?  How about a Catholic Priest member of the team (uses a shotgun, along with holy water and other such items) who dies, and is resurrected by his team mates using magic, and firmly demands they not DO that again, as it's not accepted by the Church.   Atlantean slaves who had the guts to steal magic gear (at huge cost in lives) to sink the island, and knowingly kill  all of themselves, to stop the evil ones ruling that land by sinking it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 02:16:34 PM
Murf, You guys, act like you have all been bottlefed or something.... :mowhappy

I wasn't bottlefed, but the attraction to the concept is still there... *cough*

And yes, Amber's art is -still- improving in leaps and bounds. And we're all envious.... Aren't we?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

Quote from: SkipSanders on January 26, 2007, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on January 26, 2007, 02:28:08 AM
Seriously Hollywood, let's try for something with an actual good original story to it.

Want a great over the top horror story that Hollywood Effects could run wild with?

The Bureau 13 series.  (book adaptations of the Tri Tac game by Nick Pollotta)

Demons, Vampires, dread beasties of all types (including Godzilla... those movies are after the fact coverups of REAL fights with the Big Guy!), anything and everything.  Fought by a secret branch of the FBI with guts, magic, and very high tech.

Story?  How about a Catholic Priest member of the team (uses a shotgun, along with holy water and other such items) who dies, and is resurrected by his team mates using magic, and firmly demands they not DO that again, as it's not accepted by the Church.   Atlantean slaves who had the guts to steal magic gear (at huge cost in lives) to sink the island, and knowingly kill  all of themselves, to stop the evil ones ruling that land by sinking it?

Now we could only get them to wake up and try to do that, without horribly raping the story and characters in the process.

superluser

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 02:16:34 PMAnd All I hear is Wow, Hippo hips and Boobszilla remarks.

(Points to Amber) She started it!  At least with hippo hips.  I don't think that anyone here much cares about that.  Except me, who fears that America's current obsession with slim-hipped anorexics is going to lead to a rise in fistula...

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 02:16:34 PMFa'lina has become more defined.

Actually, no she hasn't.  That's the problem.  If her nose had grown, we would have had no problem discussing this.  In 729, her breasts appear much larger than they did in 591, which was just over 100 strips ago.  In 730, they seem to be smaller than 729.  Yes, she's no longer leaning over, but I don't think you'll change a cup size and a half from that.  In 740 (today's strip), she is huge.

The problem isn't that her breasts are large and intimidating, but rather that her body is not on model.  I'm really not one of those whining about Fa'Lina's breasts, but I'll admit that they have a point.

Once again, I don't want to whip out the ruler in Gimp, but I'll do it.

For the record, her nose has changed since 591, but from 727 to now, it seems to have been relatively consistent.

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 02:16:34 PMMurf, You guys, act like you have all been bottlefed or something....

I'm reminded of the ad for Alteon Networks.  (No, I'm not going to link it.  I'm not going to even get involved in the discussion of whether images of breastfeeding are safe for work)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 02:16:34 PMMurf, You guys, act like you have all been bottlefed or something....

I'm reminded of the ad for Alteon Networks.  (No, I'm not going to link it.  I'm not going to even get involved in the discussion of whether images of breastfeeding are safe for work)

Actually, If Breastfeeding was safe for work, we would not be having this debate...but I will get back to you on the rest..

PBH

Note: yes that is right guys, their main function is to feed babies... That is why you love them so much..Bigger ones along with bigger hips... mean  bigger babies  "so said your primitive minds

Valynth

Only if they're natural, also they're just fun to touch/grope...

My pervertedness aside, I wonder why she doesn't just shapeshift to a smaller state and get in that way.  She could then offer tea to the spiders to get them off Abel, then his gratitude would be turned into a conversation.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Boog

I shouldn't have mentioned her breasts earlier. Super's right, it's a matter of character model.

And what's not to like about spiders? They're useful and pretty much all of the ones dangerous to humans and actually spend any time near them are in Australia. Which would you prefer, spiders eating other bugs or mosquitos and ticks eating you?

Alondro

*Charles snerks*  I used to be afraid of them.  It was to the point where I had nightmares about dinner-plate sized spiders that couldn't be destroyed!  Even when beating them with an axe!   But that's all in the past now.  I've cast that fear on Charline!  She doesn't know I did it!  Ha ha ha!   ;)

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aridas

*stops the tape recorder* what's that about not knowing?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 26, 2007, 05:52:57 PM
Actually, If Breastfeeding was safe for work, we would not be having this debate...but I will get back to you on the rest..

PBH

Note: yes that is right guys, their main function is to feed babies... That is why you love them so much..Bigger ones along with bigger hips... mean  bigger babies  "so said your primitive minds

I beg to differ, actually. On both points. :-)

Breastfeeding is, in my totally arrogant opinion, perfectly natural, and just one of those things. And, as a guy who likes looking, I shouldn't be looking while someone is breastfeeding - that's just impolite on -my- part. They're talking, I should be looking at their face, not their chest. But that goes for when they're -not- breastfeeding, as well. On that basis, I see no problem with breastfeeding at work. On the other hand, I can't see why browsing pictures of breastfeeding is something that someone should be doing in an IT company, either... but I'm not about to slam someone for viewing them.

Also, being full of milk makes them bigger (no, really. I'm sure -you- know this, PBH, but for the rest of the folks watching, I believe it's something like, ah, up to a cup and a half or more - usually at least one size.) Interestingly, small breasts also tend to supply more milk than the larger variety - I don't know if they swell more or not, my sample size is a tad small (1 pair, not on my chest) for statistical analysis...

thegayhare

I've never understood the sexualazation of the female breast

unless your a hungery infant they shouldnt have any sort of magnetic attraction

sure they are an erogenous zone (I think thats mainly the nipple but how would I know) but so is the male version but one is obscene and the other is considered harmless

I just don't understand the atraction to breasts

Valynth

Probably because they're considered to be an important part of anatomy and clothes help to protect the human anatomy from the elements.  The idea was started as "don't go naked cause it might impact your ability to bear children"  then evolved into the "it isn't appropriate" of today.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not everyone does, TGH. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that very few people understand why.

Not everyone is attracted to them. That's just part and parcel of the way that people vary.

Interestingly, close-up pictures of cleavage resemble, significantly, close-up pictures of the buttocks. Make of that what you will, but anthropologists have a number of theories regarding primary sexual characteristic displays, and how these may have developed as Man started standing upright, etc, etc, but, to be honest, it's all just waffle.

The basic point is this: When dealing with people, some do, some don't. Social sciences pretty much all boil down to that, bluntly, and unless you've spent years looking into it, you're pretty much going to be stuck with that answer, unsatisfying as it is. *shrug*

I like breasts, you don't. Welcome to humanity. :-)

Valynth: "don't go naked so you don't get cold" is basic sense. Hiding from each other is not something you'll find in, say, Indian culture - 12 people living in one room, you're not going to stop having sex just because there are people around. The western culture's fascination with hiding things and pretending they're not there dates only as far back as the Victorians. Not that we're really any more sane, generally speaking, than they were...

Oh, and take, say, Pacific Island culture, where hiding the torso, male or female, doesn't tend to happen. Well, it does now that western culture has infected the locals, but the locals didn't have a bar of it before the European explorers (Sir Francis Drake, or Christopher Columbus, for example) wandered through and let missionaries loose.

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2007, 12:12:44 AMAlso, being full of milk makes them bigger

Yes, well, unless Fa'Lina got pregnant sometime between two days ago and now, that doesn't really explain it.

I meant to mention this earlier, but couldn't figure out a way to fit it in, so I'm just going to barrel through.  Had it been any other body part (like Fa'Lina's nose), by now we would have seen comments about her schnoz, proboscis, or honker, but instead we get elliptical comments about ``too many mentions of certain anatomy'' or ``If you're refering to what I think you are,'' presumably before collapsing on the chaise lounge for fear of the vapors.

I also have a theory that the real reason that `cubi are hated is because, being able to change their bone structure, they can get through childbirth with no trouble at all, causing universal hatred among the fairer sex.

By the way, you have seen the Alteon ad, right, llearch?

Quote from: thegayhare on January 27, 2007, 12:40:04 AMI've never understood the sexualazation of the female breast

It's a surrogate for the butt (Darn you Ninja Llearch!).  Humans walk upright and thus the butt is less noticeable.  To compensate for this, humans have developed permanent breasts, unlike most other mammals, which only have full breasts when breastfeeding.  Psychology texts often contain comparisons of butt cleavage and breast cleavage.  They look a *lot* alike.

Personally, I'm most attracted to the largest sexual organ in the body (linked to ward off prudes).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 27, 2007, 12:54:08 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2007, 12:12:44 AMAlso, being full of milk makes them bigger

Yes, well, unless Fa'Lina got pregnant sometime between two days ago and now, that doesn't really explain it.

I wasn't even suggesting that. Although I did think about it for a moment. However, it usually takes a couple months or more for that effect to kick in, and it doesn't really settle in until the last trimester, judging by what I saw...

By the way, you have seen the Alteon ad, right, llearch?

I don't think so. I can guess at the content, though. I -did- see a series of livejournal icons, where a number of people were objecting that the LJ admins removed a picture of someone breastfeeding, when used as an avatar. Something about "it's perfectly natural, legal, and acceptable - but I can't have an icon of my child?" or something. I agreed at the time, but didn't manage to remember the rhetoric...

Personally, I'm most attracted to the largest sexual organ in the body (linked to ward off prudes).

Well, of course. The rest is just nice to look at... if that organ isn't present, then just write the rest of it off as a waste of skin...

Pretty skin, but what a waste...

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2007, 12:50:54 AM
Interestingly, close-up pictures of cleavage resemble, significantly, close-up pictures of the buttocks.

So does the inside of your elbow.
The late night ads taught me that :E

thegayhare

Interestingly, close-up pictures of cleavage resemble, significantly, close-up pictures of the buttocks. Make of that what you will, but anthropologists have a number of theories regarding primary sexual characteristic displays

Actualy I have yeard that,  I saw a documentery about the seince of human sexuality,   and they did mention that...  I think there reasoning had to do with the shape reminding you of the sexual organs.  All because the human speices lacks a penile bone so it takes more effort for the male to stay interested.

but who knows, 

I like breasts, you don't. Welcome to humanity. :-)

Awww I hope I didn't offent just cause I'm not (and don't understand) the atraction to the female breast doesn't mean I look down on those that are.  Everyone has there own tastes.

I wouldn't expect you to find the same things atractive in a young ldy as I do in a young man... in fact in some cases that might be impossible

MT Hazard

There's a large amount of research that has gone into what is found attractive and why.

For example did you know being on the pill means your more likely to be attracted to someone with a similar immune system to your rather that a different one as nature intended?

Also women's breasts are meant to swell slightly when they are fertile. Of course then came breast augmentation.

The reason attraction an the idea of beauty is some messed up now is thousands of years of culture going against biology. Even wearing clothes messed things up a little, cosmetics and washing products even more so. It used to be we knew what beauty was,now we are told. Kind of messed up huh?

A good example of this is the Dove 'evolution of beauty' video
http://www.dove.co.uk/uk_en/uk_en/index.html

you can also get the video at albinoblacksheep.com
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prof B Hunnydew

"I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face" ---Eddie Murfy

I must I must Increase my Bust" -Lords of Acid

So I think Hope is not all lost,  Fads may come and ago, but biology still holds sway.  One study into "what is attractive?" found that no matter what culture or time, Thin or fat   A attractive female body falls into a ratio of waiste size is 60-70% of breast/hip size. 

"People" magazine recently had a EX-model on the cover after she gain 30lb, and fire back at critics,  That she was not fat at her idea weight of 161....

I know a few girls whose breast size actual change a size or 1 1/2 size over a month... And It is not true that smaller breast product more milk, it varys by individual.  My cousin had DD size and had five children, her crest grew with each child, and she was told to breastfeed to reduce their size.  By her last pregnancy, her cup had reach a "N" cup, and she had to be reduced to a H cup.  On the other side of the scale, a friend had only small B and grew to a DD cup for her child, but she had to eat constantly to breastfeed and she still need to fall back on formula for her 9lb son.  And she return to her old size of B after weening her son.

My comments, about Bigger is better, and your own attractive to breast shows that you can be told all you what to think about what is attractive.  But Men know what they like.  The problem is the Media is confusing young girls with mixed signals in Teen mags and fashions designs.

PBH

Kasarn

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 27, 2007, 09:35:00 AM
"I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face" ---Eddie Murfy

I must I must Increase my Bust" -Lords of Acid

Your first quote is actually the song Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot
I didn't know where the second one was from but, after a quick Google search, it comes from Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. by Judy Blume

:tmyk

superluser

See, Amber?  *This* is why boobzilla is bad.  It causes forumites to start discussing evolutionary biology.

Quote from: Kasarn on January 27, 2007, 10:02:13 AMYour first quote is actually the song Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot

You mean it's not by Richard Cheese?

Prof B Hunnydew

I stand corrected  Eddie Murphy is only the singer of that song...

The other is my favorite but I never get the artists right... :cry  Wait You are right but the Lord of Acid also made a song for the book.  

*goes back to chanting while doing exercises intended to increase her breast size**

"I must I must I must increase my bust"

:mowhappy
PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 27, 2007, 09:35:00 AM
I know a few girls whose breast size actual change a size or 1 1/2 size over a month... And It is not true that smaller breast product more milk, it varys by individual.  My cousin had DD size and had five children, her crest grew with each child, and she was told to breastfeed to reduce their size.  By her last pregnancy, her cup had reach a "N" cup, and she had to be reduced to a H cup.  On the other side of the scale, a friend had only small B and grew to a DD cup for her child, but she had to eat constantly to breastfeed and she still need to fall back on formula for her 9lb son.  And she return to her old size of B after weening her son.

Well, of -course- it varies by individual.

I should point out, also, that I was ignoring -other- factors involved in increasing breast size. Like, say, body weight (more children == less time to go to the gym, plus older body, which means more likely to put a little on, which increases bust size as well) or genetics (if your mother or grandmothers had large busts, you're likely to as well - although that may skip a generation or two, eg my sister and her great grandmother are/were like in build, whereas my mother and grandmother and somewhat different. Also genetically speaking, there may be a tendency for bust size to increase over the course of your life. Or not.)

Your cousin has my sympathy, BTW. (as well as my attention. :) ) Larger bust sizes tend to attract back problems, as well. :-/

in my opinion, there -is- a sensible limit, though... If I had bigger hands, it'd be a larger limit, of course... :-)

Oh, and TGH? No offence was taken. In fact, I didn't even think of it. You're not attracted to women - we all know that. :-) And, as you say, tastes differ.

Prof B Hunnydew

I will clear up a few things my cousin, over the course of her family making years has work out at the gym and still gain around 30-40lbs..  Her waist size only increase about 3 inch for her first two and stay the same afterwards.  Her hip gain about a inch to every three her breast did.  I think my cousins grandmother on her dad side had the same problem.  My cousin is weird thru.   She said she had gotten so use to her chest, that she only want to reduce her size  to upper limit that the doctor adviced.  She said regular work-outs keeps her pain free.  She still need custom bras thru.

To breastfeeding, 90-95% of women can and should breastfeed.   Mother and baby for the most part taylor make themselves to each others needs as the child grows.  It is society that seems to frown on this active, which can improve the overall health of our children and increase intelligence.  We can't have that.  We would put the doctors and drug companies out of profits...and they would get too smart for the politicians

:mowcookie
PBH    

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pretty much anyone above a E, or, in some cases, a DD, needs a custom bra - but this is simply because the companies that make bras can't be bothered making them larger than DD.

If you have a look at Wapsi Square, they have a link to a support group for women of larger bust sizes. I haven't been there, but the comments I've seen about it seem positive.

And yeah - as has been noted, people differ. So there's no reason she shouldn't be fine. And, as PBH says, kids and mothers tend to adjust to each other. My own son decided he didn't want to be breastfed fairly early, his friend (born 10 days after him) was still feeding 2 years later...

*shrug* It's Just One Of Those Things. :-)

e_voyager

life is rarely constant and often hard to understand. people will make choices that non of us understand and in the end they are just being them.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tiny crested flint

Quote from: superluser on January 25, 2007, 10:25:13 PM
If SAIA doesn't harbor an extension of Fa'Lina's essence and we take Fa'Lina's statement at face value, then that makes Fa'Lina a super-munchkin, even for the Quest-giving guy.

What she said was that the had complete insight and power, not that she had complete insight and power over SAIA, although that would still make her a munchkin, albeit in the same way that Achilles was.

Ok, newbie needs explanation, what is meant by munchkin?
"super-munchkin" ???

superluser

Quote from: Density Destiny on January 28, 2007, 07:37:21 PMOk, newbie needs explanation, what is meant by munchkin?
"super-munchkin" ???

The best way to describe this is probably in the 8 Bit Theatre archives, so expect someone to ninja me.

This is a good example.  RM (a munchkin) becomes a beastmaster instead of a healer because he gets more skill ranks.  He's trying to get all the perks and none of the drawbacks of that class.  Munchkins don't contribute to the story, they just try to be better than everyone else.

See also: Mary Sue, the Wikipedia definition of munchkin