Cyantian Chronicles Wiki needs help!

Started by Madd the Sane, January 05, 2007, 02:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Madd_the_sane/The_Cyantian_Chronicles

I once had it on the main wiki, but it got deleted due to too little References. Please help me make this article good. 

Or at least keep.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Amber Williams

Actually from what I've been hearing, Wikipedia has been slamming down on all webcomic related articles so it might not be that your article had enough referenes so much that it was deleted for being a webcomic.

Aridas

Which makes it a pretty crappy site when you consider what kind of garbage they DO keep...

Netami

Wikipedia has always done this. They'll shut down certain pages but things you'd never expect to be there, like comedians local to ONE city, stay because of perceived legitimacy.

Why not get them to run their own wikipedia? It's worked for DMFA, though I don't really do anything on it no morez.

Aridas

Wasn't there a rule against vanity articles or whatever?

Netami

That's a dumb rule... A vanity article to one person is an informative page to another. I think what they strive for is neutrality. Sometimes you'll see a disclaimer on the page saying that it's not neutral enough in tone. Meaning someone wrote something a little too glowing for someone, or most often someone took a stance in a political article.

Turnsky

this isn't a unique issue, the powers that be in wikipedia don't see a single webcomic to be noteworthy enough to stay in, collectively, yes, they're recoginized..

i personally think they only keep the "webcomic" reference up just to appease the almost encyclopedic nature of the topic.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Brunhidden

yeesh, and here i thought wiki was supposed to be anyone can say anything about anything. quite frankly i couldnt understand it and was completely inable to add information to numerous things i saw...but what do i know?

i fully expect that in the near future you will see some form of a council of elders, the wiki elders, who decide the way history is written and can tell anyone to shut thier pie hole cause theyre stupid.

lovely the way that works isnt it?

QuoteAnd for the first time i was free. Gloriously free, the freedom that only comes with not having choices to make
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Turnsky

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on January 05, 2007, 08:17:34 AM
yeesh, and here i thought wiki was supposed to be anyone can say anything about anything. quite frankly i couldnt understand it and was completely inable to add information to numerous things i saw...but what do i know?

i fully expect that in the near future you will see some form of a council of elders, the wiki elders, who decide the way history is written and can tell anyone to shut thier pie hole cause theyre stupid.

lovely the way that works isnt it?

QuoteAnd for the first time i was free. Gloriously free, the freedom that only comes with not having choices to make

that's the way the proverbial cookie crumbles, i'm afraid.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..