Travels with a kitsune (ooc, plot summary, bios, registration)

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, December 31, 2006, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

Not much to say here. I'll be transferring the currently posted character bios over to here, as well as my chapter summary, and this can be used for ooc discussion, as well as planning the entry of new characters. should make things a bit less cluttered, and my first post in the main topic a little less long.

[characters]
[Sunheart and Moonsoul]
[Sunheart]
Race :Kitsune
Sex: Male.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 170
Fur Color: Black, gold tips when in a heightened state of power
Eye Color: Usually blue, though the entire eye will change to a glowing gold along with the tips of his fur.
Marital status: Uncertain.
Personality: Easygoing usually. Best known for a wide grin while using semi-formal language. Is probably the second most unpredictable kitsune when angry, ranging anywhere from absolute zero cold to supernova hot and everywhere in between.
Likes: travel, exploring, trying new things. Being with friends.
Dislikes: His friends being hurt, Cruelty, watching fools blindly follow fools. Also, waking up to find he went into a psychotic rage. It only happened once, and that particular galaxy is still uninhabitable.
Favorite Quotes: My tail's on fire again, isn't it?...I love to quote Douglas Adams. Almost as much as I love to misquote him... Some people break things trying to fix them. I fix things trying to break them.

General traits:
Highly varied magic, though he specializes in fire and light skills.
Shapeshifting between a humanoid form and a large fox form.
tails are deceptively strong and prehensile, all ten of them.
Speaking of the tails, he and moonsoul are the only ones to actually gain ten tails.
Master of summoning and remote transportation.

Inventory:
anything within a five mile radius that isn't magically "bolted down".

[Moonsoul]
Race :Kitsune
Sex: Female.
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Fur Color: white, cyan tips when in a heightened state of power
Eye Color: Usually green, though the entire eye will change to a glowing cyan along with the tips of her fur.
Marital status: Uncertain.
Personality: Slightly more formal than Sunheart, she tries to keep an air of grace and serenity around her most times. Though difficult to anger, she is likely one of the most feared and unpredictable when angry. Anything from a pseudo-psychotic rage to a cold calculating killing machine can appear.
Likes: travel, exploring, trying new things. Being with friends.
Dislikes: Her friends being hurt, Cruelty, watching fools blindly follow fools. Also, waking up to find she went into a psychotic rage. She's seen what happened when Sunheart did, and she doesn't like the prospect.
Favorite Quotes: the right words from the right person can cut deeper than any sword... If it's not broken, it probably means my other half hasn't gotten his hands on it yet.

General traits:
Highly varied magic, though she specializes in fire and light spells.
Shapeshifting between a humanoid form and a large fox form.
tails are deceptively strong and prehensile, all ten of them.
Speaking of the tails, she and Sunheart are the only ones to actually gain ten tails.
Master of summoning and remote transportation.

Inventory:
anything within a five mile radius that isn't magically "bolted down".

It should be noted that although they are two seperate souls, Sunheart and Moonsoul share the same body and a unique relationship. Since they share the same body, and have since birth, they have always been close. The bond they hold can neither be quite described as one of siblings, nor as one of lovers, though it takes elements from both. No one is quite sure what it is, not even them, but it has been strong enough to remain through several milenia.

Two squirrel-foxes accompany Sunheart and Moonsoul. They are rather intelegent, and it is likely they have some basic magic of their own. So far, they have shown telepathy and the ability to create a barrier, as well as magic-based flight and camoflauge. For those that don't know what a squirrelfox is, just imagine something about the size of a houe cat that looks like a fennec with tan and brown fur. Tan head with two to three brown stripes running from about the top middle to the forehead, body is mostly brown with two tan stripes and a tan underbelly. Feet are tan with brown "boots"]

Recently, moonsoul had undergone an apparent age regression in in physical shape and character to what is best described as an older teenager, even though this phase is usually from the mid to late two hudreds for a kitsune.

[Tophar Chee]
[Species: Mountain lion/Kangaroo rat.
Race: Elemental (Fire).
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 150
Fur Color: Creamy, light brown.
Head fur and Tail: Messy brown hair, black stripe.
Eye Color: Dark brown.
Martial status: Single...?
Personality: Clumsy, humorous, open.
Likes: Rain and reading, hanging out with friends, adventures, applesauce.
Dislikes: Crowded areas (claustrophobic).

The race I belong to is called Elemental. Here's info done in Demonology format since everyone is used to that around here.

General traits:
•   Magical powers related to element
•   Transformation form
•   Various markings based on bloodline
•   Average life span: 75 - 100 years.

Inventory:
•   20 pounds of Thallium, (used as multiple weapons.  He can shape it any which way h likes.  Most commonly uses a staff)
•   10 gold coins
•   Hammock (folded into a sack to carry other objects he finds interesting on his travels)
•   Compass
•   Maps of local regions
•   12 Doggy treats

General: The elemental race is made up of four, or perhaps more, different races that all share similar properties, though differ in their individual powers. Elementals are creatures that associate with an element of nature, the primary four being fire, earth, water and air. In normal form, they appear to be average beings, but some of the more eccentric elementals will blur the line between their normal and "tapped" form. Tapped is the term used for an elemental that is in his or her transformed state. The elemental becomes wholly like the element he or she is associated with, so a fire elemental will be made of pure fire or an air elemental will be a wispy tornado. Most elementals retain their normal body structure when transformed, but they may also change it to suit their needs.

Each elemental shares a deep connection with the element of their bloodline and at the same time are negated by their opposite element. More experienced or aged elementals can pull from the surrounding environment to add to their own power while in transformed, and the greatest are able to take advantage of the pinnacle of their element.

Elemental societies are sparse, but where they do exist, they are always found near the element that makes up the community; for example a village of water elementals would live near a seaport or large lake. It is very rare for opposing types of elementals to live together due to indifference in the past, but some have managed to keep a peaceful bond going. It is because of this fact that some new elementals are emerging, causing both controversy and praise from the elemental community as a whole. For most, living among beings fits just fine, as most people rarely see elementals in their tapped form, and elementals hardly need to ever transform while living peacefully.

History: Elementals have been around since the creation of nature, though it has only been relatively recent that elementals would walk among normal people. For the longest time, elementals were a xenophobic collective and only kept relations with other types of elementals, though these were mostly hostile. It is thought that elementals were originally created to keep watch over the balance of nature, each tribe assigned to a different element. Regardless of their origin, elementals have always had differing opinions on what is balanced and what is not. The crux of "balance" has been the reason behind many a conflict between elemental tribes throughout the years.

About a hundred years ago these tensions boiled over into the greatest clash between the four primary elemental tribes and many were killed because of it. In the end the damage was so much so that the newer generations began to move away from the deeply rooted cultural ties to their tribe either due to disgust in the pride of it all, or simply because their village elders had been killed and could not pass on the lore of the tribe.

Strengths: In normal form, an elemental is able to command a simple array of spells associated with their element, the choice to either develop these into dark or light is entirely up to the preference of the elemental. While in tapped form, the elemental is able to manipulate their brand of element almost completely. For example, an inexperienced or young elemental of earth would be able to lift up rocks and rubble from the surrounding area and hurl them at a target, while the most experienced of earth elemental would be able to raise pillars of earth from the ground to destroy buildings. Tapped elementals may also draw power from their element of birth to restore health or missing limbs.

Weaknesses: In normal form, an elemental is as powerful as your average being. While this varies on how savvy the elemental is with training and such, they do not have any inherent defense against the mundane or magical. Admitably an elementals tapped form allows them a variety of power; it can almost spell their downfall if they were ever to encounter their opposing element. For example, a fire elemental in tapped form would take massive physical and mental damage from being dunked into a river, and would eventually revert to their normal form in a comatose state, or worse. Minor interaction with opposing elements poses no danger, but it makes the elemental very irritable. Again, the example of a fire elemental walking in the rain would render his head a migraine.

Just in case you guys didnt know about this whole elemental deal]

[E]
[Name: E, Ê ,Ĕ or Σ
Species: humanoid Robot /  anthro wolf / winged wolf when merged.
Race :unknown energy being
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 420
chassis Color: Black with purple trim
hair color: light purple
Eye Color: changes with vision modes default is purple.
Martial status: unknown
Personality: confused, helpful, hidden darkness.
Dislikes: feeling powerless, being useless,  waking up after a lapse of self control to a neo Armageddon. .
Favorite Quote: it really doesn't matter (who/what )you think I am. All that really matters is that you know I am

General traits:
•  Energy manipulation
•  Weapon copy ability
•  transmutation
• super science
•   Average life span: unknown current age 30b years.

Inventory:
•  8 stored default weapons with slots for up to 3 weapons
•  6 sub tanks for energy restoration
•   robotizor belt ( turns flesh and blood entities into robots and vice versa. An upgraded version)
•   varies 21XX and 22XX upgrades
•   spare bodies. ( no one seems to know how many)
•   Gospel ( a loyal wolf companion)

much of who and what E is revealed in it internal conversations with the other entities within himself. ]

[Mel]
Name:  Mel (P. Melodie Icewing and she's not telling what the P stands for)
Race:  dragon (ice with just a touch of lightning)
Sex:  female
Height:  ranges from 22' to 22" but generally around 5'0"
Weight:  ranges from 1 1/4 ton to 10lb, depending on current height
Coloration:  pearly white scales
Eye color:  bright blue
Marital status:  (Mel just laughs... with two very large overprotective brothers she's lucky to know what a male is)
Occupation:  Gatherer although she occasionally takes a century or two off to work as a jeweler
Personality:  Friendly, curious (or nosy depending on whom you ask) a tiny bit timid. Very mild tempered it takes a lot to tick her off but you don't want to be the one to hit that point.
Dislikes:  fire, bossy relatives
Skills:  ice magic, illusionist, sizeshifting, odd bits of just about every type of magic picked up over the years. touch telepath/memory reading]

[Zedd]
[Name: Zedd Doisona the 2nd /Markus J Gardner
Race: Huskie/Feline incubus
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 172
Martial Status: Single
Hair color: White
Eye color: Jade green
Occupation: French Teacher at SAIA/Winemaker/Adventurer hunter(At times)
Personality: Calm at times andcan be abit quick to action at times But just dont make him upset cause of a secret of his deeper self
Dislikes: Bossy people,tight hats,and being alone..
Skills: Hand to hand skills,sword skills,transformation and most magical skills]

[zet]
[Name: Zet Xal
Race: Elf/ Ice Hydra
Height: 5'8" / up too 15'0" in dragon form
Weight: 130 / 1 ton
Hair/Spinal Spikes color: Chocolate Brown
Eye color: Glowing Emerald Green (no whites or pupils)
Personality: Shy, curious, and easy to anger
Dislikes: Emotions, and being forced to so something
Skills: Ice, Wind, Lightning, and Nature Magic, can speak to any plant or animal, Bow, and most types of form-shifting

Inventory: A so far empty bottomless bag]

[chapters]
[prolouge (completed, page 1): Moonsoul and tophar are on their way to an asteroid to see what is causing disturbances in reality and causing a few people to become gem representations of their spirit called soul jewels. it turns out to be a powerfull being trapped between this dimension and another. after freeing him, things return to normal. Moonsoul decides that a interdimensional vacation is in order, and invites her friends (from the topic "of fur and feathers") along. Moonsoul decides that her homeworld is to be their first stop]

[chapter 1 (completed, pages 2 to 13): -Title unknown-]
[The travelers arrive at Moonsoul's homeworld, a planet in which many kitsune live. they arrive to find an anthromorphic black panther (snuggles), obviously young and somewhat inexperienced with the place. We find that he has had a previous run in with a group of offworlders of ill repute. listening in from a distance, Moonsoul finds that they are enslaving other kitsune. shortly after this, snuggles is captured. taking tophar along, she infiltrates their base, quickly working her way up to the boss, a demonic creature known as vlad (no relation the vampire). When she confronts the monster, something in her snaps and she tortures him both physically and psychologically, to the point where his being is overloaded and he explodes. When she calms down, the realization of what she just did leaves her badly shaken. Her mother makes an appearance to comfort her, and they go back to the cave where the others are. there is a short run in with one of the alternate spirits (in this case a master of the air element) that snuggles has, who is somewhat angry about the cruelty with which moonsoul treated vlad. the airbending master eventually stops his attack, and ammends are made. After the base of the enslavers is wiped out with two charge partical cannon blasts, the kitsune have a huge celebration, and all of the group joins in. Snuggles is revealed to have not one, but several other spirits residing in him, including his wife, yang. Digitalman makes a remark that he believes most of the others present will have undergone a gender shift before the end of the adventure]

[chapter 2: A rose unlike any other (pages 13-22)]
[E supplies coordinates to an alternate earth. At first, everyone goes their seperate ways. Moonsoul, E, and a few others visit a dojo where an old martial arts sensei shows them the phantom star technique. Later that night, Snuggles reaches a cave in some woods nearby. What exactly happens is unknown, but it begins a challenge by his next elemental teacher. Moonsoul's squirrelfoxes, who had been left in snuggle's care to give sunheart and moonsoul a few hours alone, follow. Snuggles, no longer completely in control of the body, broadcasts an emergency telepathic message that a barrier he had set up has broken down, and the two squirellfoxes immediately send for moonsoul.
Meanwhile, moonsoul has awakened just in time for an odd age regression to the kitsune equivalent of her late teens, something that apparently has happened before. It is unkown when the effect will wear off. When she gets the message from mina, she heads towards the town to cut off the golem. While snuggles tries to regain controll of his body, moonsoul engages the golem in a sky cage sparring match. This both distracted the golem mind in snuggles and cut it off from the earth, weakening it. Snuggle eventually regained control. Left weakened, he only gives short responses to mental proddings from moonsoul, saying that he'll be okay but he needs rest. The group decides to take him back to the dojo.
Dm comments on needing coffee. Perhaps not entirely aware of what coffee does to digitalman, gives him something that was the essence of what makes coffee coffee, distilled and concentrated. Wary at first, dm drinks it and suddenly zips off. K2, his sentient truck/base/something like that explains that coffee has a special energizing effect on dm. Moonsoul chases off after dm, wanting to have a bit of fun as much as to burn off the excess of energy that dm had acquired. She creates a bunch of large blobs in the sky, where she and dm have a little competition to see who can blow up the most. This quickly shifts from who can blow up the most to who can execute the flashiest moves. When it ends a few hours later and dm is back down to a semi-normal energy level, they rejoin the group. A few days later, everyone's read to head to the next destination. Moonsoul suggests a dimensional nexus, saying it has an excellent restaurant.]
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

That was a very nice summary...
with my char sheet show I put in all of the spirts/People or should i just give a description of what they look? So you guys will know what kind of people that are coming up or be a surprise?

Kitsune Ascendant

I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Snuggles

Name: Snuggles
Race: Panther(Depending on the spirit he is being inhabited by)
Height: 5'2" (Same ^)
Weight: 102 (Same ^)
Martial Status: Married
Hair color: Black (changes on the spirit)
Eye color: Light green (Same ^)
Personality: He is very hard working in what he does to try and understand what has been given to him. Very nice and shy person to be around but once you get to know he because nicer to you. (This will also change with the Spirit)
Dislikes: Being surprised
Skills: Has just mastered the Spirit of wind and is about to meet the Spirit of water.

DigitalMan

*makes a dramatic re-entry after his modem fried in manners incomprehensible to even the manufacturer*

I'll be posting my character summary as soon as it's all written... it's in a bit of a strange format, because standard format makes it too long. Not that it's not too long anyways :B

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

topher chee

Kitsune Ascendant

'ey tophar. we're kinda waiting for you in the main topic. kinda need your character up and about before we head to our next destination.

e_voyager

wells once everyone has arrived we can explore if toy wand. be careful as we seem to have landed in a town that skiers the rural ares about  30 miles or so.  Moonsoul this is still your trip you call the shots i'll provide any requested information that is in my data banks on request.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

um, E. you kinda posted in the ooc thread. just, ah, repost in the main thread and we'll continue from there.

topher chee

e_voyager

i know. this was just incidental information. as for when and were we are. if you are familiar with the anime dragon ball in any of its incarnation then you have a good start. this is a world more in the original Dragon ball universe.  humans make up roughly 40% of the population as for the rest you have all mattes of entities even a few residence aliens. there has been peace here for almost 30 years and hopefully this peace will last if not then ... well battles in this universe tend to get out of hand in the later incarnations of this universe. tesseral demons ten to live underground but are not limited to there. winged dragons have their own villages and inter conitanal travel is normal. human flight is possible but is a rare and hard learned skill that requires a lot of energy. the town we have landed is unknow to me but is in a warm weather reagon

Kitsune Ascendant

I'm going to be making a few modifications to the rp's joining policy. give it a bit more structure, mostly. you know, in case someone wants to join...

Anyways, Anyone wishing to join should post their character in this topic, and what role they wish to play. please be sure to at least read the plot synopsis of the last chapter or two. Unless there's something about your character seriously at odds with the RP or your role, I'll add your character at an agreed upon time (near the beginnings or ends of chapters works best).

also, since this thread is serving an important purpose for the RP but is... low traffic, I'm open to any suggestions as to keeping it out of reach of the thread necromancy rule.

Kitsune Ascendant

Just so everyone knows, there's going to be someone joining our rp soon.  I'll be updating the character descriptions.

also, the current storylines for this chapter seem to be wrapping up, so we should decide if we want to continue chapter 2, start chapter three in the same place, or move on to our next world/dimension. if you have any suggestions, ideas, or opinions concerning this, feel free to post.

DigitalMan

I vote that chapter three be set someplace where something at some point will explode, somewhere.

K2: Way to be specific.
DM: Boomies! *falls out of his chair*

e_voyager

glad to see you guys have been busy while i've been trapped in RL's trap. don't worry i tend to escape before being gutted but it's still not pleasant being cut off form the forums and comics.

Kitsune Ascendant

Good to have you back, e. Any preferences for the next chapter? dm want's explosions, but that's easily worked into just about anywhere.

e_voyager

well i need to catch up some as for explosions that's workable but remember you can only bring the innocent back to life so many times. the dragon's power is great but not infinite. i'll say more once i catch up to present.

Kitsune Ascendant

Actually...One of the dragons can do it any number of times. I think its the nemmik dragon. Besides, I think dm got his fill of explosions for this chapter. it's more the next chapter I'm thinking about. This one seems to be winding down, though  I'm not sure if you have anything in particular planned.

e_voyager

no i had no plans. i'm glad that things went as well as they did. there are a few people that i would love to hear more form but you can't force and rp it has to flow.

Mel Dragonkitty

E, I saw your post but I don't think I will be returning to this RP. I am in three very post-intensive rps currently.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kitsune Ascendant

Alright, everyone. Since you're here, I'm assuming you got my personal message. Basically, while my college grades aren't bad, per se, they need to improve. I'll be reducing my online time a fair amount, so I might not be on as much as I'd like to be. So, unless anyone has a better idea, I'm going to set up a story where my character is not in the main group. I'll still do narrations when I have the chance and I feel the rp needs it. Beyond that, I'll see how it goes.

E_voyager? I'm placing you in charge as assistant lead. I'd like you to keep the topic going during the times I can't update. I'll try to have a story outline pm'd to you by sunday, if not earlier.

Other than that, if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, the like...

topher chee

ill have a lot more time during the summer so im in.  However once late august comes around thatll change

Kitsune Ascendant

I'm going to start up the story, even though I only have some of the basics worked out. I'll figure out the rest this weekend when I have some time hopefully.

DigitalMan

How ironic, the time I have available is... random. During all seasons. So the frequency of my posts probably depends entirely on the story.

e_voyager

i understand i'll try to keep us going though it may be hard as it require me to be firm and nearly cold with precision logic and insight. it also requires empathy and common sense. ... are you sure you want me to do this?

Catffeinated

Hey!  Can I join? I made a character for other RPGs (I'm not very imaginative...) and I think he'll fit in... unless there's no technology... oh well.
Just tell me if I can join, and if so, I'll post his information up here.
Thanks.
P.S. Just to warn you guys, I'm relatively new to RPing... I'll try my best to stay IC though! Also, I can be a little random at times, all depends on my mood...
Right now:  :boogie

e_voyager

sure you're welcome to join. were are currently getting read to leave on of the Z worlds and once you decide your  name/ form you can pick if you join us here or on the new world. i have no i deal where the new world is but then i've forgotten why were were traveling in the first place not that i ever need a reason to go on a voyage.