12-29-06 Girlfriend

Started by Alan Garou, December 28, 2006, 10:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madd the Sane

Quote from: superluser on December 28, 2006, 11:29:59 PM
Edit: Are half of us idiots, or has the cast page for Pyro been recently updated?
Yes >:3
Edit edit: It's not in the Wikuwiki.  Yet...
In my opinion, not a lot is on the WikuWiki, such as info about Dragons.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Meech

Fa'Lina has always been huge.  She has always stood a head above everyone else.  Except Dark Pegasus.  She is shorter than he is.

What I find interesting is that she did not know about Pyroduck living at Lost Lake.  This leads me to believe that she also does not know the connection between Dan and Pyroduck.  Her semi-omniscience must be failing her.

EDIT:  It has been stated that Fa'Lina has somewhat adopted Abel.  We now know that Pyroduck is Fa'Lina's adopted son.  Does that make Abel and Pyro brothers?

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Pyro is a dragon, and thus has power of his own.  And besides, Fa'lina has other things to do besides watch him all the time.  She's only semi-omnpotent, after all.   :3  But one thing is clear, Destania's clan certainly seems to have had some very troubling times for Fa'lina to speak of it as a killing zone!  I don't think Fa'lina would have any problem with Pyro and Alexsi, since Alexsi isn't a blood relative of Destania.   She might take issue with Dan and Pyro though... but how likely is that to happen? 

*Charline hmms*  Pyro and Dan, eh?  An idea presents itself!  >:3  *mixes some 'Love Potion #9' in two flagons of ale*  Oh Daaaanyyy!  Pyyyrooo!  I have soem drinks for you twooooo! 

*Charles ack!*  Is there no limit to her evil?!   :eek
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madd the Sane

I just noticed something: Fi's missing!  Where did Fi go?  :mowsad
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Grenn

That was such a great strip. :)

It's just her being her as has been said. I'm sure she'd say the same thing or something similar about Abel since she has for all intents and purposes "adopted" him in the platonic sense.

She probably did something similar with Pyro, and like a caring friend/mentor wants to know what's going on with him and cares a lot about said things.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 29, 2006, 01:48:01 AM
I just noticed something: Fi's missing!  Where did Fi go?  :mowsad

My guess is: between a dragon and a... not so hard place... :3
crushed in the cubi hug :tighthug
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

e_voyager

lol that is possible but i'm still gawking about the my little boy comment.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

superluser

Quote from: Mock AV on December 29, 2006, 12:31:22 AMAlso I just realized, Fa'lina has really(3) large.... yeah

Hey, if you were capable of changing your appearance, would you make them small?

Quote from: Meech on December 29, 2006, 01:04:58 AMIt has been stated that Fa'Lina has somewhat adopted Abel.  We now know that Pyroduck is Fa'Lina's adopted son.  Does that make Abel and Pyro brothers?

I'm guessing that she adopt Abel in a less concrete way than she adopted Pyro.

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 29, 2006, 01:48:01 AMI just noticed something: Fi's missing!  Where did Fi go?  :mowsad

Away.  Fi is a warp-aci.  It's what they do; they're kinda like butlers.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ITOS

I wonder where Mab and Lexi are? Unless Fi teleported Pyro and Fa'Lina somewhere, they might be able to hear them.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Dard

"DING"
*giggle*
So Pyroduck (sort of) introduced his girlfriend to one side of the family! :)
Alexi's side will be more difficult!  >:3 I have to give P-Ducky credit for one thing: When Alexsi suggested it, he remained so very cool and smiling!

Stygian

...wait, who is Fa'Lina's baby how? What the hell is up with the relationships here?!

And why isn't anyone stopping Charline?!? I haven't got my camera!

Netami

At least her boobs are staying the same size now.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on December 29, 2006, 12:53:35 AM
bah, age is nothing.. looking old and feeling old on the other hand, is entirely different...
(how i envy the cubi)

Yeah, well there are snags of course... eating souls is about the only way you'd make 7000 from what I understand, and with all that time on your hands you could very easily start thinking in different timescales.  You might end up sulking for three hundred years or something.

As for the strip, that's... ominous.  But it sounds like Destania's immediate family are at risk rather than the clan as a whole.
And from the reaction, I do think that Fa'Lina somehow raised or otherwise educated Pyroduck...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2006, 07:07:49 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on December 29, 2006, 12:53:35 AM
bah, age is nothing.. looking old and feeling old on the other hand, is entirely different...
(how i envy the cubi)

Yeah, well there are snags of course... eating souls is about the only way you'd make 7000 from what I understand, and with all that time on your hands you could very easily start thinking in different timescales.  You might end up sulking for three hundred years or something.
of course there'd be snags.. the same with everything, as with thinking in a different timescale?.. i'd personally take the not needing sleep or eating to survive part  >:3

As for the strip, that's... ominous.  But it sounds like Destania's immediate family are at risk rather than the clan as a whole.
And from the reaction, I do think that Fa'Lina somehow raised or otherwise educated Pyroduck...
or could be a friend of Pyro's family or vice versa.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

MT Hazard

Quote from: Netami on December 29, 2006, 05:44:51 AM

I blame hormones or emotion driven shapechanging, seemed to happen with Aary as well.

On the total size increase, historical larger, stronger people have usually had power over others, I'm guessing if someone taller than fa'lina moved into SAIA she'd make herself taller just to say 'I'm the boss'.

Whats the deal with the white and blue pattern (lower right) in the last panel?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on December 29, 2006, 07:21:42 AM
of course there'd be snags.. the same with everything, i'd personally take the not needing sleep or eating to survive part  >:3

Oh yes.  Amber's 'cubi have certainly captured the imagination, not least mine.  The 'Character Poll' thread was a direct result of people saying that there were too many 'cubi characters in the forum.

Quoteas with thinking in a different timescale?

Three hundred years to plan my vengeance
Three hundred years - of studying magic skill
Three hundred years to make my fortune
Three hundred years to make the kill
(if I don't get them, no-one will)

..of course the Logic Machine in B.C. springs to mind as well:
Inventor: "Sigh.. What must it be like to live forever?" (walks away)
Logic Machine: "Actually you tend to put things off rather a lot."

Quoteor could be a friend of Pyro's family or vice versa.
I still say she considers him to be family...

**EDIT**
I hate this damn keyboard... I hate this damn Firefox 1 which doesn't have a spellchecker...  I hate that I got my own lyrics wrong...

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2006, 07:37:30 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on December 29, 2006, 07:21:42 AM
of course there'd be snags.. the same with everything, i'd personally take the not needing sleep or eating to survive part  >:3

Oh yes.  Amber's 'cubi have certainly captured the imagination, not least mine.  The 'Character Census' thread was a direct result of people saying that there were too many 'cubi characters in the forum.
i'm definitely no cubi, note the lack of headwings  :)

Quoteas with thinking in a different timescale?

Three hundred years to plan my vengeance
Three hundred years - of studyubg magic skill
Three hundred years to make my fortune
Three hundred years to make the kill
(if I don't get them, no-one will)

..of course the Logic Machine in B.C. springs to mind as well:
Inventor: "Sigh.. What must it be like to live forever?" (walks away)
Logic Machine: "Actually you tend to put things off rather a lot."
Cubi can be quite patient.... sometimes.

Quoteor could be a friend of Pyro's family or vice versa.
I still say she considers him to be family...

family, extended family, is there really that much of a difference?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

*Charles snerks!*  That just reminded me of this thing you could do with a calculator.  I wonder if anyone else recalls it from grade school... you entered the numbers in quotations one after another to make a large number and multiplied them by the number in parentheses, then turned the calculator around to see the word. 

In 19"69", Dolly Parton thought her boobs were "222" big, so she took medicine "69" (8 times) a day and she was... *turn your calculators 180o at this point.*  ;) 

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Brunhidden

im wondering why the boyfriend/girlfriend thing even applies anymore. to me it seems like people in lost lake should just give up, wear tie dye everything, and frolic semi-naked in the flowers while proclaiming something about 'free love'.

it seems like more and more people today have a really hard time to just sit down, concentrate, and understand what they really feel, who they have feelings for, and judge the depths of those feelings. and hopefully understand that if those 'feelings' have changed over the course of one week or can be dashed cause somebody picks thier teeth with a fork or forgets they borrowed your shirt....i would question the depths of your feelings.

after the utter nonsense i just babbled i still have to admit that the way ducky and jyjy are handling thier relationships are sadly typical of real people. kudos for reality.

ya know, maybe my outlook on life is why i never had a girlfriend untill the day my wife asked if i would date her for valentines day... yes, she asked me and i was too stunned to even repply untill a week later. oh well, at least i missed out on the really immature relationships which introduce middle schoolers to asprin.

QuoteGive me a sock with a brick in it and I can change the world one skull at a time
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on December 29, 2006, 08:35:51 AM
im wondering why the boyfriend/girlfriend thing even applies anymore. to me it seems like people in lost lake should just give up, wear tie dye everything, and frolic semi-naked in the flowers while proclaiming something about 'free love'.
Now that would make a good wallpaper.

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 29, 2006, 08:55:31 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on December 29, 2006, 08:35:51 AM
Now that would make a good wallpaper.

*Charline nods!*  Can I be in it?   :3

Brunhidden is quite right about people's confused and uncertain emotions.  Everything is very surface these days; too much attention is paid to physical attraction and simple lust rather than any more permanent and stable emotional state.  A girl you shack up with because you got drunk at a party and were too mentally impaired to control yourself is not 'being in love'.  People get married after a few weeks or months, even though they barely know anything about each other.  And then, surprise surprise, they find out they don't get along at all!  Or the girl finds out that the guy is a pathologically violent wife-beating drug-addict with 12 childhood rape convictions that were erased because the insane child justice system believes that children get 'all better' after age 21 and so no one needs to know the horrible things they've done.

Simply put.  Trust no one!  Assume everyone is a serial killer when you first meet them and force them to prove you wrong.  That's how to avoid bad relationships... or, well actually that kinda puts an end to virtually every relationship unless you can find someone who's also that anal-retentive and paranoid.  Then you can both hide in the basement with your foil hats on together!   :3

Falcarthum

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 29, 2006, 07:31:18 AM
Whats the deal with the white and blue pattern (lower right) in the last panel?

It´s just her tail wagging...

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Foil Hats FTW!

.. btw, your calculation doesn't work.

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 29, 2006, 01:03:06 AM
Edit edit: It's not in the Wikuwiki.  Yet...
In my opinion, not a lot is on the WikuWiki, such as info about Dragons.

Hey, we're working on it. However, if there's something you know isn't there, you're welcome to add it. That's what the wiki is, after all...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 29, 2006, 10:52:53 AM.. btw, your calculation doesn't work.

At all. But I'm pretty sure the result is meant to be 5,318,008. :B

0.7734 is good too. *waves*

Caswin

Yup.  Fa'Lina's big.  She'd make a good fighting game boss. *Wink wink nudge nudge to self*

Anyone know how tall Amber is?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

In which case, he's looking for 66, 47, and 51. Or something like that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Aw, but where's the fun in that? :P

Honestly, I found this strip to be absolutely adorable, yet I still am not sure if Fa'Lina actually ADOPTED Pyro, but rather was lapsing into a motherly moment for the sake of humor.

Quoteim wondering why the boyfriend/girlfriend thing even applies anymore. to me it seems like people in lost lake should just give up, wear tie dye everything, and frolic semi-naked in the flowers while proclaiming something about 'free love'.

If I had the patience to draw a bunch of characters in the same scene, with a crapload of details, I would so freakin' draw that.

Okay, Fa'Lina is REALLY becoming one of my favorite characters. Makes me regret not including her in the 'Favorite Character' thread on this forum. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Kibin

Quote from: Caswin on December 29, 2006, 11:08:40 AM
Yup.  Fa'Lina's big.  She'd make a good fighting game boss. *Wink wink nudge nudge to self*

Not many video game bosses I know of starts with a musical number, and ends with cookies.

Or was that starts with cookies, and ends with a musical number? Maybe starts with a little pain, then cookies, then dead silence, then more pain, then a musical number?

Alondro

Well, the one version creates 5318008, the version I used if for the 'too big' boobs:  6922251 x 8 = 55378008, which on the old blocky calculator readouts looks like BOOB-LESS when turned upside down, indicating that the medicine worked a little too well.  :)

Caswin

Quote from: Kibin on December 29, 2006, 11:32:11 AMMaybe starts with a little pain, then cookies, then dead silence, then more pain, then a musical number?
...you just described End Prog, the third season finale of ReBoot (which took place inside a computer).
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.