Making Models is Dangerous

Started by Teroniss, December 27, 2006, 10:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Man, in the past month, I have cut my self more times working with my Santa Marine models then i have with all my other knives and swords put together. In fact, I just got out of the emergency room a few hours ago after cutting the tip of my finger off with an exacto knife. What the cripes, its like the Gods of Gaming dont want me to finish my Christmas Space Marines

xHaZxMaTx

I don't have much experience with sharp things, but I've had my fair share of visits to the emergency room.  Mostly due to mishaps with stairs.  Though the only time I ever cut myself seriously was while working on the inside of my computer;  those drive bay covers are a bitch to get off.

Miaka

man, that kinda sucks.....

...Only time I've been to the emergancy room was for my dad accidentally slamming a door on my thumb and they thought I'd broken it.
It'd been dented and I needed a cast anyways, but whatever. >>

Turnsky

and this is why i stick to safe to use pencils and pens..

*puts on glasses to protect eyes from flying mechanical pencil leads*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Just pray your not bad as Paul Timberman though....If you want to ask...It might just hurt you mind looking his up his episodes on Youtube

Alondro

Well, you're not as bad as the Tin Woodman from the Wizard of Oz.  In the actual books, he was made of tin because, when still a flesh and blood person, he was very clumsy with his axe and kept cutting pieces off himself and having to replace them with tin until naught was left of him but the tin body!

*Teroniss becomes the Plastic Person eventually*  You see, when he was building models, he was very clumsy with his Exacto knife and had to keep replacing his body parts with plastic model pieces.  That's why he has Lego fingers. 

*other person asks*  Uhm... is that also why he has a model aircraft carrier in place of his...

*Pai Gon quickly interrupts and kills everyone involved*  ;)

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Teroniss

hehehehe, Thanks for the comedy there, kinda makes the finger feel better. That, or the vicoden and neosporin

Zedd

*pulls out a giant syringe* Care for a second dose of pain killers? *Ink like in-tenduo look*

Gornemant

no Christmas Space Marine is perfect without the proper amount of blood involved  >:3

Boog

And this is why I stick with warhammer classic rather than warhammer 40k. Alright, the real reason is that I'm too lazy to learn the rules and spend money on yet another soul and wallet consuming modelling fandom, but still, hard to seriously injure yourself with sandpaper and super glue. Wait, strike that, super glue can get pretty nasty. Eyes and all that. Tough luck about the finger. On the plus side, congradulations, this could be used to prove that you can indulge in some incredibly geeky hobbies and still be tough.

QuoteAnd I got THIS one from a stegodon model that I'd accidentally left on my chair!

ITOS

This is why I prefere CAD and CG modeling. Much safer and you can undo, that's very hard in real life...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Stygian

And why I prefer hurting myself on sharp things in a way you can actually brag about...

"How'd you lose that finger?" "Got it bitten of by a crazed piranha/junkie/hyena" always sounds better than "I cut it off while cutting up so I could put some greenstuff on my space marines..."

bill

I've been lucky to only have recieved one injury in my life. It involved my head and a metal park bench making an unfortunate contact.

Stygian

Yeouch. But seriously - only one?! Some of us have to keep alert all the time not to be horribly disfigured. Others seem lucky...

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Stygian on December 28, 2006, 06:36:11 PM
And why I prefer hurting myself on sharp things in a way you can actually brag about...
People always ask me about the scar on my hand and get a weird look on their face when I tell them I got it working on my computer.  Owie.  Though the funny thing is I didn't notice I had cut myself until I saw the blood on the inside of my case.  And yes, it's a scar.  I also have two scars on my head from falling down the stairs when I was little.  Not both from the same accident, I fell down the stairs at least 3 times.

Stygian

People keep asking me where I got my scars from. Usually I answer, but unfortunately the ones in the face are the ones that come up most, and the ones I mostly keep silent about.

And what are the Santa Marines specialized at? Don't tell me... rapid deployment...

ITOS

Quote from: Stygian on December 28, 2006, 07:07:55 PM
And what are the Santa Marines specialized at? Don't tell me... rapid deployment...

www.gucomics.com (28 dec)
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Teroniss

They specialize at shooting things