Nicks Shows: The good the bad the ugly

Started by Zedd, December 26, 2006, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Ah here is a thread I would like the entire forum to pitch in 3 shows you loved the most of Nickelodeon and missed dearly  and the others that you don't even care its gone

I wil lstart mine off of course to be fair

#1 would be a favoriteable of all...Rockos modern Life Walabies,Killer vacums and dogs with nephomania with mops...Great toon to my age...Needs a dvd set as well

#2 Is the line up...And a really active show of most that got me going Are you afraid of the dark...What a better thing to watch at late night but shudder in around a campfire storys that have alot meaning to it...

#3 is gonna be great....Every must loved the show much as I.. Great show..Bloody shame the creator gave up the ghost but why is Zim still being used in the small skits??

And now the ones wont be missed....

#1 Okays some might liked it abit but not I.... The show really didnt move me at all..But I did like words..Jack rabbits...Heehee...

#2 I so hated this show..I know it was a girl show but still...I hated it Me thinks this was before she sold out...Way out..

#3 I sooooo hated this show cause it ruined my nights... Okays I will admit  I liked it abit but I hated it cause I never gotten a chance to get on...

Aisha deCabre

Oh MAN, there are tons of Nickelodeon shows that I wish they'd put back up again.  I don't even remember half the things they had anymore.   :U

Three things I wish they had back:

1.  The Angry Beavers (Possibly one of the funniest shows on the planet.  I sometimes talk like Norbert does: "The ooool' big happyeh!" ) I even have the halloween special saved on YouTube.

2.  Clarissa Explains it All.  Yeah, okay, it was a girly kind of show, but I just liked some of the funny things that they had.  The fact that she could make her own games for example...and she had a pet alligator.   :3

3.  Some of the other various game shows like Guts and...ugh, there was one where they had to go through this huge obstacle course modeled after an ancient jungle ruin and put together a statue...I only wish I remembered the name... x.x

Some of the things I wish they'd have kept off:

1.  Catdog.  Seriously, what were they thinking with this one?  It was just...strange.

2.  Invader Zim.  Okay, granted, I liked the show when it came on and saw all of the episodes.  It was hilarious, but sometimes it just dove into being plain wierd...the show had great potential to be a good storyline.  But it was all dirty humor later on.

3.  Ren and Stimpy.  I believe they air episodes--unedited ones, mind you--on MTV or some other place of that nature.  It was just kinda disgusting.  Although I always loved Ren's infamous "You EEEEDIOT!" line.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

superluser

OK.  Ones I miss:

1.) Turkey TV (Pink Medicine Show FTW!)

2.) You Can't Do That on Television

3.) Mr. Wizard

Honorable Mentions:

4.) Danger Mouse (I didn't realize the connection to McGoohan's series as a kid, but now I really want to see the episodes again)

5.) Out of Control (it was hit or miss)

What I won't miss:

1.) Pinwheel
2.) Double Dare
3.) Kids' Court

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Roureem Egas

I don't have Nick as a part of my normal TV selection so I don't remember that many details. The things I did remember watching and loving the hell of it were Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Legend of the Hidden Temple. I've always been into interesting treasures and objects, along with trivia challenges and obstacle courses.

RJ

I've never really seen many Nick shows, but I remember seeing Are you Afraid of the Dark? and I adored it. It was just the right amount of good horror for a kid my age at the time. :)

LionHeart

Quote from: superluser on December 26, 2006, 09:08:23 PM
2.) You Can't Do That on Television

4.) Danger Mouse ...

I admit to being a fan of both of these, when they were on free-to-air some years back.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Vidar

\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

bill

Wildy

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 26, 2006, 08:55:43 PM
3.  Some of the other various game shows like Guts and...ugh, there was one where they had to go through this huge obstacle course modeled after an ancient jungle ruin and put together a statue...I only wish I remembered the name... x.x

Legends of the Hidden Temple, Nick has a game show network of sorts on some cable providers. I've seen marathons of that, Guts and a few others.

I miss Salute your Shorts, Pete & Pete, Aaaand.. Hmm.. Probably the original Rugrats & Doug. I've started watching Nicktoons when they first came out. Doug, Rugrats, & Ren & Stimpy on Sunday mornings. Not so much anymore, but Avatar is where its at man!!

I also miss Alex Mack.

Ones I didn't care for:

Now a days I look at Ren & Stimpy and am like. 0.o What was going on in my head. I can't stand the show now. Too much off the wall stupid humor. Though I will still have a soft spot for Happy Happy Joy Joy and Log.

I don't think there were too many that I didn't care for. In its early days I used to change it when Are You Afraid of the Dark came on(i'm a wuss), but as I got older I started watching it a little more.. But never -in- the dark.. (Reiterate.. Me=wuss)

Dakata

Dak misses:

Invader Zim, 'cuz I <3 Gir. :3 He's so cuuuuute! ...and Zim's kinda cute too. X3

Rocko's Modern Life, 'cuz it was awesome. :B My mom likes to bother me and remind me about how I used to try to sing the song-thing [and screw up] when I was little though. D:

Ren and Stimpy, 'cuz it was my favorite show EVAR. <3 Happy happy, joy joy, happy happy, joy joy...

Ahh! Real Monsters, 'cuz it was also awesome. :< Monsters are cool.

Kablam!...'cuz...it was cool? I dunno, I just liked it. I'll never forget that one naked superhero action figure guy though. :< He needed some pants.

Rugrats. It was better before Dill was born. :<

And I sort of liked Catdog and Angry Beavers...and Hey Arnold and the Wild Thornberries too...Never heard of that other stuff though. 'Cept for Are You Afraid Of The Dark? I never watched it when I was little though. :B I was too scared to watch it, I think. But I <3 it now. "It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark." :mwaha

But I think I remember Guts. Wasn't it like a game show where kids and/or their parents would answer stupid questions then go through dumb obstacle courses?

...And I can't remember any other shows I hated besides Guts (Or whatever it was). The only shows I hate are the ones they air now.

...Wait, is Chalkzone still on Nick? I hated that...and I don't see it anymore. And I hated Rocket Power...

:< I hate Nick. I want the old shows back. I can stand Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents...but everything else sucks.

Sirius Griffon

Oh dear, I grew up on Nick basicly, so yes, what a nostalgic thread! *smiles* Let me see here...

Faves!

1) Rocko's Mordern Life: So strange, yet hilarious. I still qoute from it often. Eeeeew spunky, eeeew!

2) Double Dare: Because who doesnt love a good slimefest, and the host of the show, Marc Summers, was my very first crush > >; I actually HAD to go to the roadshow when it came to my town *laughs*

3) Are You Afraid of the Dark?: Becauase it never failed to entertain me with its twisted logic and humor, and I remember many of the stories still today.

Honorable:

4) Hey Dude

Glad to see gone:

1) Hey Arnold: This show tended to bore me to death for some reason. Maybe I just didnt get it? ><;

2) Catdog: Dog was a cutie, but that was about all this one had going for it.

3)Guts: Dull. Dull. Dull.

I think that about does it!

bill

Do they still run "Wild and Crazy Kids"? I used to love that one.

Sirius Griffon

I dont believe they do, they tend to run sitcoms when it comes to real life shows more than anything else now.

bill

Ach, well, haven't watched anything on Nick since I was 'bout 10. Nick at Nite, however, is a different matter.

Sirius Griffon

What do they show on Nick at Nite anyways? I tend to watch Danny Phantom, and occasionaly Fairly Oddparents, but thats it for me and its 99% of the time mere random flipping and nothing else better is on instead of changing it to Nick on purpose. Maybe it comes with age though. x-x;

bill

They show old-school sitcoms, kinda cool sometimes. Haven't turned it on for a while, I tend to stick with the sports channels. (Speed FTW!)

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on December 30, 2006, 10:56:05 PMThey show old-school sitcoms, kinda cool sometimes.

I think that's sorta gone to TVLand, Boomerang, and whatever else they have for that these days.

Still, they did have Laugh-In and Get Smart.  I was always a sucker for Dragnet, too.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Oh the poor sadness that Nice suffers for selling out...tainted Rap and R&B 24/7 (Sorry no offense but R&B currently sucks) Shows that have no meaning to what Nick stood for in the past...Kinda makes me wish Nicktoons tv or Gas was free and part of Basic cableing

llearch n'n'daCorna

Zedd, your .sig quote is missing "in the village", isn't it? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm sure the upgrade of space fixed that? You shoudl have 500 chars, now - isn't that enough?

Failing that, you could always use tinyurl to make the links shorter...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears