New Computer Smell

Started by Teroniss, December 26, 2006, 05:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Wooo, yay Christmas, and yay new computer. I finally get to trade out my crappy old 1.8ghz computer for a brand new 3.2ghz one. eeeee, I can finally play Oblivion, and Dark Crusade, and Neverwinter Nights 2, etc. Its an eMachines desktop with 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1gb of RAM and 160gb Harddrive. Im happyhappyhappy. *Goes back to playing Oblivion now*

Aridas

new part smell is way better. new computer smell is overrated. >.> Have fun, even though it's an eMachines. If it's got one of those round power buttons with the glowing ring, go easy on it.

xHaZxMaTx

New parts do smell good. :3

Yay, new computer, that's always fun.

Vidar

What kind of video card does it have? ('cause mine' better  :boogie )
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

xHaZxMaTx

Teroniss

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 26, 2006, 06:36:50 PM
Probably on-board.

Nope, I bought an Nvidia Geforce 6800 to go with it

xHaZxMaTx

Ah, nice.  I'm going to be getting one of those pretty soon, aswell. :3  My cousin's giving it to me because he got an 8800GTX. :erk

Netami

Your cousin's got his priorities straight.

Tiger_T

New computer?

Bah, Humbug!

New parts are nice, but with a new computer you have to readjust all the settings that you personalized over time.
>:3 Have fun doing that. :mwaha

Congrats. ;3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Alan Garou

Y'know, if you new computer smells, then it's probably broken.  :giggle Seriously, though, congrats.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Tiger_T on December 27, 2006, 03:34:21 PM
New computer?

Bah, Humbug!

New parts are nice, but with a new computer you have to readjust all the settings that you personalized over time.
>:3 Have fun doing that. :mwaha

Congrats. ;3
That's why you copy all your stuff from your old HDD to the new one.

Aridas

Or if you're good at that, and you've got an OS that doesn't mind you doing so, replace the old with the new and have the new one sitting in as bonus space.

xHaZxMaTx

That's also an option, but opening up the case voids the warranty. :P

Alan Garou

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 27, 2006, 07:59:00 PM
That's also an option, but opening up the case voids the warranty. :P
QuoteCall me if anything changes.
-Dogbert

Teroniss

Im not worried about the warranty, as I used to work in Technical Support at Best Buy. As for transferring stuff, thats what my new Flash Drives are for. Got 2 4gig flash cards

Zedd

Though...If you smell smoke in a few days or so...There is a problem or the cat or Dakata got stuck in the motor again *chuckles*....God im morbid

xHaZxMaTx

Oh noes, not the computer motor! D: