Freefall Card Game Art

Started by Joat, December 11, 2006, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joat

These are some of the cards for my new freefall game (not on the market -- yet). Though they are in the art section of these forums, they are the very antithesis of art.

Well, good art, anyway.

NEW!

Zorro

Supercheese

Quote from: Zorro on December 12, 2006, 12:55:57 AM
You do know about the real Freefall right?

http://freefall.purrsia.com/

Yeah, that's what I thought this topic was talking about...

Manawolf

Yeah, not some half assed card game like the thousands of card games already out there.  Where's that damn "You Fail" card when you need it?

xHaZxMaTx

This one?

I don't actually think that, but it is pretty funny. :lol

Joat

Hm. Didn’t know that I was required to have knowledge of every single comic in existance. I mean, come on! Just because I have a life…

LionHeart

What is this "life" you speak of?
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

You're not expected to know every comic out there.

Just the ones with the same name as what you're suggesting. A quick google would be worth looking at...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kasarn

Quote from: Joat on December 12, 2006, 08:27:10 AM
Hm. Didn't know that I was required to have knowledge of every single comic in existance. I mean, come on! Just because I have a life...

Yeah, it's quite clear that you're ripping off Kingdom of Loathing

If you aren't, YOU SHOULD BE :V

Tiger_T

You might find interest in the 1000 Blank White Cards - Game
Invite some friends and get scribbling. :mowwink
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Joat

Quote from: Kasarn on December 12, 2006, 10:06:18 AM
Quote from: Joat on December 12, 2006, 08:27:10 AM
Hm. Didn’t know that I was required to have knowledge of every single comic in existance. I mean, come on! Just because I have a life…

Yeah, it's quite clear that you're ripping off Kingdom of Loathing

If you aren't, YOU SHOULD BE :V

Believe it or not, I am not ripping them off. The stick drawings come from the fact that such is the only art style I have. Considering how I am with a pen (or mouse) and considering that the best art program I have is Paint…

Netami

Jesus, you guys are dicks. Freefall was a term before it was a comic, they don't lay claim to  it. Do you go around whining at people that have the name Jack?

And bullocks to the art! I played Munchkin the other day for the first time and it was the most fun I've had in forever. The art isn't "amazing" and indeed you could play entirely without the art.

Joat

I named my card game Freefall because that is the tactic I used to create it. I just jumped into the task. In the beginning, I had no idea what I was doing.

Netami

May you reach Terminal Velocity with it, then.

Joat

Heh. I’ve actually test-played it with people. It’s a fairly strategic game. I have, on numerous occasions, thought, “Ah, crud! If I hadn’t wasted that card earlier, I wouldn’t have lost.”

e_voyager

is that fly swatter a precursor to the flyswatter of doom used by a ninja mouse mod of doom i used to know?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Joat

I just felt like making a flyswatter. That’s where it came from. However, there are a few parody cards, like Slideshow Bob and Ix 36.

Kasarn

Quote from: Joat on December 12, 2006, 04:35:54 PMConsidering how I am with a pen (or mouse) and considering that the best art program I have is Paint...

Paint.NET
This needs MS .NET 2 (.NET 3 probably works too), which bloats the download if you don't have already it

The GIMP
...for Windows. The GIMP is a little unwieldy for just drawing but probably fine if you've never used anything else.

openCanvas 1.1 might also work for what you are going for... besides, all the cool people use oC; you want to be cool, don't you?
http://darkreaver.angeltowns.com/downloads/opencanvas.exe
http://home.cwru.edu/~nxl25/downloads/opencanvas.exe

Joat

Well, now is the time of new art. Five new cards have been digitalized.

And yes, I am still using paint. It may not be the best thing out there, but it has everything I need and it is very simple to use.

Also, I modified the title slightly so there will (hopefully) be no misunderstanding.