12/8/06 - Ferret Rage!

Started by Grenn, December 07, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

I would think that Wildy came into the exit instead of the entrance to get the jump on her brother in a classic "Big-huge-menacing-person-with-glowing-eyes-behind-a-teeny-person-with-a-sweatdrop-on-their-head" anime move.   :mowtongue

I just LOVE the looks on hers and Mab's faces.  This comic is a +10 in coolness.  Level up!   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

RJ

Methinks Mab isn't quite up to date with what really happens when you finish a mission- you get experience points!  :boogie

Aridas

Sometimes you get money and items too. That must've been a weapon quest.

Manawolf

It's only loot if you actually took it off someone's corpse.  Otherwise it's a reward.

Aleolus

...Mab apparenly doesn't get that if you don't either open a chest or beat a monster, you don't get items, and a +2 voluge?  C'mon, at their level, I wouldn't even pick that up, I'd just leave it on the ground!

superluser

Quote from: RJ on December 07, 2006, 10:50:58 PMMethinks Mab isn't quite up to date with what really happens when you finish a mission- you get experience points!  :boogie

I wonder if it isn't a reference to this phenomenon.

You know, where you do epic battle with a flan, and the flan runs away, and suddenly you get 500 gil and 12 potions from...where, exactly?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zorro

Quote from: Manawolf on December 07, 2006, 10:26:41 PM
It's actually proficiency, and no one other than the fighter types can use those.  Class skill is for the abilities that you use outside of battle, or for certain special attacks to set up the enemy or avoid damage.

Not entirely true.  Anyone can use any weapon just not very well.  Many times I have had thieves dress as warriors to not standout in a large battle.  Watch your back.  A battle axe works even better than a dagger in the back when you can get surprise.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: superluser on December 07, 2006, 10:49:43 PM
Now, why is the sign shaped like a trapezoid?
Blasted knit-pickers.  :rolleyes

As for me, I too can see pain in biggs' future.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Landon_Fox

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 07, 2006, 11:29:31 PM
Quote from: superluser on December 07, 2006, 10:49:43 PM
Now, why is the sign shaped like a trapezoid?
Blasted knit-pickers.  :rolleyes

Actually, I'd say it's not a knit-pick, but simply a lack of knowledge of art.  Most drawings are done using something called "perspective".  When you draw lines that are part of a wall, building, door, window, etc, you draw them so that they are are pointing towards a single point.  This gives the illusion of distance.  Good on Amber for using it here.

Anri

Train to zone! Outta the way, it's one wickedly mad ferret!

superluser

Quote from: Landon_Fox on December 07, 2006, 11:44:53 PMActually, I'd say it's not a knit-pick, but simply a lack of knowledge of art.  Most drawings are done using something called "perspective".

Uh...

That's not perspective.

(I really feel like I should be doing a Jean-Paul Sartre reference here)

P.S. I'm not fond of overcriticizing, and this is starting to feel mean.  Maybe we should let this one drop.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

+2 Voulge... man that's sucky loot, the drops just aren't what they used to be.  Can't they at least find a +4 Spoon?
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Mock AV

Quote from: e_voyager on December 07, 2006, 10:35:30 PM
isn't he though? also dropped weapons and items are pretty much standard in RPG's  so there's no need to wonder about it.
The thing to wonder about is why the goblin who's carrying a +1 Mithril Shirt, doesn't use it.

Manawolf

Quote from: Zorro on December 07, 2006, 10:58:08 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on December 07, 2006, 10:26:41 PM
It's actually proficiency, and no one other than the fighter types can use those.  Class skill is for the abilities that you use outside of battle, or for certain special attacks to set up the enemy or avoid damage.

Not entirely true.  Anyone can use any weapon just not very well.  Many times I have had thieves dress as warriors to not standout in a large battle.  Watch your back.  A battle axe works even better than a dagger in the back when you can get surprise.

I know, but the -4 penalty may be too much for when it matters.

Alondro

*Charles wonders what all the fuss is about WOW, buys the game, and starts to play*

*Three months later...*  Ooo.. the Cloak of Eternal Incontinence!  +5 Magical Stuff Power!   http://www.planetboredom.net/videos/spwow.jpg

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Hellcat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 07, 2006, 10:37:34 PM
Quote from: topher chee on December 07, 2006, 10:33:59 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the black swivel in the background of the last frame.  Check it out.  It looks like it might be smoke

Yah. I went back and looked, and, what do you know. It looks like Wildy already torched the place. :-)

I thaught it was Abel setting the lake on fire

thegayhare

Quote from: Mock AV on December 08, 2006, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on December 07, 2006, 10:35:30 PM
isn't he though? also dropped weapons and items are pretty much standard in RPG's  so there's no need to wonder about it.
The thing to wonder about is why the goblin who's carrying a +1 Mithril Shirt, doesn't use it.

See thats one thing I liked about the fallout rpgs  there were no Item drops If you want to get loot you actualy have to take it off the corpses, and you'll only find stuff there that makes sense.  If your attacked by slavers you'll only find the sorts of items on them that they use,  Pistols, shotguns, knives, clubs, cattle prods, drugs, water bottles, rope, nuke cola, and the like.

you don't find some one carrying items they don't use,  which can be a real pain when the enemies break out the heavy artilery

Psaakyrn

Also, it can't be a WoW reference as far as I know, WoW has fixed items, as opposed to normal items with +2 stuff. The only instances I can think of is DnD-based games or Diablo..

For why the sign shows Exit instead of Entrance: so people will use the entrance instead of the exit to go in. Else you'd have a door with no signage at all.. and people will end up using it anyway because it's convenient.

For why the Exit word is weirdly tilted, it's probably the exit-sign maker's lack of artistic sense, or someone really messed up when painting those words.

The smoke is probably to show Wildy's expertise in property destruction (since they're probably walking away from Bigg's building now, and the wall seems right, I'd say that it's Bigg's place which is burning.. which is rather fast work for property destruction..)

Waiting for Dee to appear and comment about Pyroduck..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

e_voyager

Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on December 08, 2006, 12:28:32 AM

oh dear here i was thinking he was joking. then again if anyone ever set he lake on fire near my home base it would burn for years.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

topher chee

Quote from: e_voyager on December 08, 2006, 12:34:49 AM
Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on December 08, 2006, 12:28:32 AM

oh dear here i was thinking he was joking. then again if anyone ever set he lake on fire near my home base it would burn for years.
very smart of you Hellcat!

Grenn

Next, I really wanna see how Abel set the lake on fire..... :)

King Of Hearts

Cogidubnus

...well, Pyroduck seems pleased, in any case.

Zedd

terrycloth

My prediction is that this is the last time anyone sees Wildy alive. She's had all sorts of horrible things happening to her lately, so why would her luck suddenly turn around now? >:3

Teroniss

Whats more scary? A GM asking you to roll initiative vs a gargantuan black dragon, or a GM asking to roll initiative when your face to face with a gargantuan pinapple?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Teroniss on December 08, 2006, 01:34:48 AM
Whats more scary? A GM asking you to roll initiative vs a gargantuan black dragon, or a GM asking to roll initiative when your face to face with a gargantuan pinapple?

Grenn

That's just so....... wrong  :mwaha

But so deliciously evil if you are the GM.... :kruger

e_voyager

ahh my stick wont shake any more. oh the game references!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Quote from: thegayhare on December 08, 2006, 12:29:06 AM
If you want to get loot you actualy have to take it off the corpses, and you'll only find stuff there that makes sense. If your attacked by slavers you'll only find the sorts of items on them that they use, Pistols, shotguns, knives, clubs, cattle prods, drugs, water bottles, rope, nuke cola, and the like.
Those ARE drops. They don't have to literally drop to be drops -_-