12/8/06 - Ferret Rage!

Started by Grenn, December 07, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taross

Well, apparently the Twink Territories don't do with the 'Painted on equipment' rule in most RPGs then. :D

e_voyager

Quote from: Taross on December 08, 2006, 02:03:59 AM
Well, apparently the Twink Territories don't do with the 'Painted on equipment' rule in most RPGs then. :D
going going lost! you have lost E's mind you win a cookie! :mowcookie
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 08, 2006, 01:48:47 AM
Those ARE drops. They don't have to literally drop to be drops -_-

Sorry that wasn't intended to speak against drops,  I ment to say random drops, I was replying to Mock AV and Superlusers comment on charactors droping equipment they don't or can't use.

Inn fallout if you kill an animal you won't find money or Items just parts of the creature you can sell or use.  Sentiant ceatures carry items that are apropriate for there type,  and they will use everything they have.  Also I'm not sure they would count as drops  since there invintory is set.  I mean if the fight takes to long they can actualy run out of ammo, stim packs and the like which means less loot for you in the end

O.M.

Now, clearly.....

Mab may be able to pick up that weapon, but it is clearly a Partisan class weapon. Mab's unable to use it due to Force class restrictions.

Now, if it was a giant two handed scythe, this would be another question entirely.

Yes, I'm a PSO geek. Sue me.

Sid

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 08, 2006, 01:38:53 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on December 08, 2006, 01:34:48 AM
Whats more scary? A GM asking you to roll initiative vs a gargantuan black dragon, or a GM asking to roll initiative when your face to face with a gargantuan pinapple?

Cogidubnus wins at life and everything xD

And Mab's panel in the last expression really calls for manic cackling. :D
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on December 07, 2006, 10:56:14 PM
C'mon, at their level, I wouldn't even pick that up, I'd just leave it on the ground!

Are you mad??  In U6 you'd be able to flog that for at least 33 gold coins..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alablast

I'm guessing the +2 Voulge dropped off of whoever told Wildy she couldn't go in through the exit...

Taross

Quote from: e_voyager on December 08, 2006, 02:23:00 AM
Quote from: Taross on December 08, 2006, 02:03:59 AM
going going lost! you have lost E's mind you win a cookie! :mowcookie

RPG Rule of Painted on Equipment:
No matter what you are fighting, be it a soldier with semi-automatic weapons or a knight in a full plate more wonderful than you'll be able to buy at the end of the game, all of it shall disappear together with the enemy once he's been defeated.

secondwolf

I wonder if they have victory dances like in final fantasy :D

ShiningShadow

If it is then Mabs will have all of us rolling on the floor with laughter. That look Mab's have on her face when she had the weapon in hand was ready to Med- Evil on somebody's butt. That stare is so priceless that Psycho-Mabs is ready to burn the Twinks Territory down to the ground  :giggle :giggle.

Arcalane

Never say "no" to a crazy purple woman with a sharp thing on a big stick.

This may be over too soon. :U

Though with Wildy stomping in there, they'll probably have to wait for her to finish turning Biggs into... well, gibs. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on December 08, 2006, 08:06:36 AM
Though with Wildy stomping in there, they'll probably have to wait for her to finish turning Biggs into... well, gibs. :P
I'm sure Destania will protect him, otherwise she might have to take his place  >:3

rt

ahh just what we need a *more* dangerous Mabs.  :mwaha
An excellent choice of weapons .. so big .. and shiny .. and pointy!

Looks like Biggs (or his house/tent) is getting a beating already from that smoke on the horizon.

Regal

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2006, 08:22:12 AM
Quote from: Sheridan on December 08, 2006, 08:06:36 AM
I'm sure Destania will protect him, otherwise she might have to take his place  >:3

No one protected him last time.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_090.php

superluser

Quote from: Regal on December 08, 2006, 10:50:25 AMNo one protected him last time.

Well, maybe Dee wasn't working for him, yet.

Or maybe Dee read Wildy's mind and knew that she was just gonna threaten him.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Regal on December 08, 2006, 10:50:25 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2006, 08:22:12 AM

No one protected him last time.

It's the second time she's had to do this, I imagine Biggs is in for a rougher ride this time  >:3

Falcarthum

Oh, yes... the quest isn't finished until the Big(gs) Boss is defeated... beated... punched... mauled... smashed... whatever, choose your favorite...

The random drop reference? You can found it in any RPG game; Diablo, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, WoW, Ragnarok... just name it!

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Falcarthum on December 08, 2006, 11:40:24 AM
Oh, yes... the quest isn't finished until the Big(gs) Boss is defeated... beated... punched... mauled... smashed... whatever, choose your favorite...

The random drop reference? You can found it in any RPG game; Diablo, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, WoW, Ragnarok... just name it!

Don't forget spindled, mutilated, ripped and tape up to repeat process.

terrycloth

Quote from: thegayhare on December 08, 2006, 02:55:53 AM
Sorry that wasn't intended to speak against drops,  I ment to say random drops, I was replying to Mock AV and Superlusers comment on charactors droping equipment they don't or can't use.

Inn fallout if you kill an animal you won't find money or Items just parts of the creature you can sell or use.  Sentiant ceatures carry items that are apropriate for there type,  and they will use everything they have.  Also I'm not sure they would count as drops  since there invintory is set.  I mean if the fight takes to long they can actualy run out of ammo, stim packs and the like which means less loot for you in the end

It made Fallout really munchkin, because pretty much any dangerous enemy was going to give you tons of expensive equipment to sell or use. Even if you didn't *try* to scum for cash, the only limit on your wealth, even very early on in the game, was the total amount of money all the merchants you could find had.

That's *why* most games use the 'rule of painted on equipment'. :mowtongue

Madmann135

Yanno... no one knows the full extent of Mab's abilites.  Not to mention she may even just give that glaive to Dan.  All in all I find it funny how Alexsi was the only one who was somewhat stunned at the weapon's apearence and possiably the fact that the rescue party didn't include Dan.

Now Mabs isn't evil... she's just being Mab, the bubbly, happy gal who is smarter than everyone thinks and more powerful than she wants to put on.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Caswin

Quote from: Falcarthum on December 08, 2006, 11:40:24 AM
See now, I wouldn't be too sure...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Stygian

Quote from: terrycloth on December 08, 2006, 01:05:01 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on December 08, 2006, 02:55:53 AM

It made Fallout really munchkin, because pretty much any dangerous enemy was going to give you tons of expensive equipment to sell or use. Even if you didn't *try* to scum for cash, the only limit on your wealth, even very early on in the game, was the total amount of money all the merchants you could find had.

That's *why* most games use the 'rule of painted on equipment'. :mowtongue

Hey! I liked Fallout!

But don't forget the lessons learned from Resident Evil 4; even the crows have money. And grenades. And you can't jump over the fences, or go through the forest. But you can go through the backdoor in this case, it seems.

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Stygian on December 08, 2006, 01:32:18 PM
But don't forget the lessons learned from Resident Evil 4; even the crows have money. And grenades. And you can't jump over the fences, or go through the forest. But you can go through the backdoor in this case, it seems.

You fergot those lovely invisable walls where there's nothing to block your way. Every game has 2-3 hundred of those.

thegayhare

I don't know why I think this but I've got the strong feeling Pyro is pulling a miroku... as in resting his hand on Alexis's butt in that scene

Aridas

The way the VISIBLE arms are, it seems to be the opposite.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: thegayhare on December 08, 2006, 03:37:46 PM
I don't know why I think this but I've got the strong feeling Pyro is pulling a miroku... as in resting his hand on Alexis's butt in that scene

I would, and then some serious kissing and hugging...

And it looks like Wildy is kicking ass and having fun, maybe she can get some of her anger out about the book and Abel...

Maybe It is just me, but Mab have been getting a little bloodthirsty, or adventure crazy lately... She "led" the rescue of Dan and now Alexsi.  You know she may just get the idea that she can lead her own adventure party...maybe with just girls...

Yea Mabs!
 The Amazon TomeRaiders strike again!!!  

Alright, Count me in, ...And NO Dan you can't come.  You will be drooling all over our party members

:mowmeep
PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on December 08, 2006, 03:55:31 PM
Maybe It is just me, but Mab have been getting a little bloodthirsty, or adventure crazy lately... She "led" the rescue of Dan and now Alexsi.  You know she may just get the idea that she can lead her own adventure party...maybe with just girls...

Yea Mabs!

... So... they MATR?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on December 08, 2006, 03:55:31 PM

Yea Mabs!

Alright, Count me in, ...And NO Dan you can't come.  You will be drooling all over our party members

:mowmeep
PBH

Oh oh can I come can I come
I almost count as one of the girls...

*giggles remembering once on a forum an all female sluber party was drawn with all the male forumites on the out side trying to peek in while the bunny was inside braiding hair*

AmigaDragon

Quote from: superluser on December 08, 2006, 11:02:53 AM
Quote from: Regal on December 08, 2006, 10:50:25 AMNo one protected him last time.

Well, maybe Dee wasn't working for him, yet.

Or maybe Dee read Wildy's mind and knew that she was just gonna threaten him.

Whether she was working for him or not at the time, she was at least there. I'm sure she can tell the difference between attempted murder and severe sibling rivalry.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Toric

This comic made me giggle. I love how Wildy walked right past Alexsi, rescuing her was a secondary objective all along.
Yap by Silver.