12-7-06 Xander! Nooo!

Started by Akisohida, December 06, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roureem Egas

It looks more like Xander has some cuts on his hand. I still don't get how he could possbily have gotten them, since fire as I understand it does not cut.

I'd use one of Taski's pictures of Desu to express my actual thoughts, but I'm a bit lazy. :/

Ted Schiller

QuoteDevin said
Hey Xander! Want to bet I can ding the tower from here?!

Devin finds out how wrong he is when a purple Fae-Kitty leaps from the tower and kills all except Abel.  She is about to kill Abel when she is stopped by her friend, a Royal Standard Poodle Succubus.

[insert dramatic music sting here]

"Well, Squirt, got yourself caught by some adventurers, mmm?

The succubus stops short, a look of surprise overtakes her face.
The young man's complete inability to filter his thoughts is odd, but not as much as the thoughts themselves.

"You...do realize you are not a Being."

With regards,
Ted

superluser

Quote from: Ted Schiller on December 08, 2006, 01:04:07 PMDevin finds out how wrong he is when a purple Fae-Kitty leaps from the tower and kills all except Abel.

...with a +2 Voulge!

Quote from: Ted Schiller on December 08, 2006, 01:04:07 PMShe is about to kill Abel when she is stopped by her friend, a Royal Standard Poodle Succubus.

Succubus?  Wouldn't that mean that May and the succubus...

Of course, as I mentioned before, the real succubus/incubus legends say that they can change sex at will.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

terrycloth

Quote from: superluser on December 08, 2006, 01:18:25 PM
Quote from: Ted Schiller on December 08, 2006, 01:04:07 PMDevin finds out how wrong he is when a purple Fae-Kitty leaps from the tower and kills all except Abel.

...with a +2 Voulge!

Hi Abel! It turns out this was a +2 Voulge of time travelling! What's wrong, don't you remember me? We're going to be great friends in 300 years...

Azlan

Quote from: superluser on December 08, 2006, 01:18:25 PM

...with a +2 Voulge!

That would be the first time I've seen anyone kill someone with a voulge...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. other than themselves, you mean? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

does that even count as fighting or is it merely assisted suicide
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

The voulge is another one of those ridiculous Medieval to Renaissance polearms that saw zero to nearly no use as a weapon of war.  Employed mostly by standing house guards, militia and poor soldiery, it seems to be a slightly more useful entry in the unusual and escalating arms race to field multifunctional long melee arms to scare your opponents with.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kaerou

Hey, the bug swarms in diablo 2 seemed to do pretty alright with voulges!  I recall the swarms of tiny critters dropping them reguarly!

And on topic..

NOOO, i just read this comic.. not the cute doggy! :'(

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Blast

I think I was the only one to cheer for Amber for having the guts to kill off one of her characters.

Manawolf

I find killing off a character to be overrated, though in comics like Jack, it just means you move onto the next world (whether that's heaven or hell is the character's choice).

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on December 10, 2006, 05:47:21 PMI find killing off a character to be overrated

I have no problem killing off characters.  Characters die.  But when your character's whole purpose is to die, without becoming a character in its own right, I find that slightly analagous to (ahem) firing the surgeon general.

Plus, the character's death should be about that character, not someone else.

Bah!  I'm sick of being negative.  Send the message before I get even more negative.

Manawolf

I don't mind stock characters.  Let's face it, there is something morbidly humorous about the death of a red shirt.

Kirk: "Coming with me will be Spock, McCoy and Ensign Ricky."

Ricky: "Ah, crap."

e_voyager

i have dealt with this kind of thing myself. indeed start trek was  known for the death of the red shites as they were the foot men. reminds  me of red shite rabbit from 2066
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

I have no problem if Amber kills off Xander. But I like the guy and he started to grow on me. But the decision is in Amber's hands and we don't know at this point if she did killed of Xander or not. That's why there hope I sense he's alive but hurt none for the worst.

MaskedRetriever

Xander was too cute to die!  *sniffle*

I'll miss him!

thetire

aah! my arm! *gasp* I'm gay!

goodbye cruel world! *stab, respawn* waaaaah....

Aridas

Kasarn

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 11, 2006, 12:46:00 PM
I have no problem if Amber kills off Xander. But I like the guy and he started to grow on me. But the decision is in Amber's hands and we don't know at this point if she did killed of Xander or not. That's why there hope I sense he's alive but hurt none for the worst.

Xander'll become the obligatory crippled friend... he'll get a cool eyepatch and walking stick (+2 against annoying children)

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Kasarn on December 13, 2006, 08:35:05 PM
Xander'll become the obligatory crippled friend... he'll get a cool eyepatch and walking stick (+2 against annoying children)

Har har!  Eyepatch +1 to seduce rolls against Piratephilles.

Not that... I am...

Or that he'd need it...

e_voyager

you are stating to remind me of some ones... oh what that's me my bad.

Jack McSlay

or maybe xander will arise as a demon's undead minion (even tho the undead race itself is relatively recent, there were other more successful experiments such as DP's death knights)
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

ShiningShadow

I think he will be just hurt that's all. I see a gash somewhere around the arm area close to the shoulder I'm guessing here. I will see the next strip if this confirms my theory if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 14, 2006, 07:25:33 AMI think he will be just hurt that's all. I see a gash somewhere around the arm area close to the shoulder I'm guessing here. I will see the next strip if this confirms my theory if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

A gash somewhere near the shoulder is not ``just hurt.''  That's where the brachial artery is.  I think the only ones that carry more blood are the coronary and carotid arteries.  Cut that, and it's pretty much lights out.

Somebody mentioned this before.

(I think the femoral might be larger, but carries less blood)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Don't the arteries in the legs carry more?

(I ask out of interest, not because I'm disagreeing - I was under the impression that the two biggest users of blood were, in order, the brain, and the legs...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 14, 2006, 07:14:02 PMDon't the arteries in the legs carry more?

The flow of the femoral artery is 514 mL/min. while the brachial artery is 648 mL/min.  I'm working on a full (and very boring) write-up with sources.  PM me if you're interested (I'm already going to PM llearch).

Edit: Sorry, a more accurate estimate seems to be 353 mL/min for the femoral, and 55 mL/min for the brachial.  Sources for both available upon PM.

GabrielsThoughts

this is getting stupid, obviously xander Is going to shoot the blood out of his wrist and use it like a weapon as seen in the "star warpped" video game, wherein the handless Luke shoots his blood at headless darth vader in a mortal combat scenario.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

But you have to wonder if Xander is dead or alive. Okay let's have a Death Pool here's my pick Xander *Alive* any takers? Winner gets a cookie.

MaskedRetriever

Oh he's dead alright.  Spuh-latch.

I wouldn't be -that- surprized if Devin was in for a splatching as well...

Akisohida

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on December 17, 2006, 09:20:21 PM
Oh he's dead alright.  Spuh-latch.

I wouldn't be -that- surprized if Devin was in for a splatching as well...

Then the 'sniper' comes for Abel and Abel goes all 'cubi and the Palandin brings him in for being a cubi, he gets put in jail or something, and Fa'Lina breaks him out?
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.