How the world will end

Started by Zedd, December 04, 2006, 04:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Okays peeps I found a video shows how life will end for us all when an astroid strikes the earth...Its in japanese but the point will come across right...So dont watch if faint of heart! :U http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB3G0rvCIJc

Nikki

i'll watch it at home...but i'm already scared >3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

ITOS

Don't worry, statistics show that you are more likely to die from a cow falling from an airplane than getting hit by a meteor.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zedd

Nikki

xHaZxMaTx

People always assume that anything that hits the Earth will be raltively small.  But what if something hit Earth that was actually bigger than it?  *Splat!*

Zina

OH NO THAT TIDAL WAVE IS HEADED STRAIGHT FOR JAPAN.
Don't worry, the Japanese are used to this kind of thing. They'll have electricity up and the trains running again in about a week.

xHaZxMaTx

This is how the word will really end.

Zedd

Oh shit! Its lava! Its spilled all into my cereal bowl! D:  But yeah your right Zina japan easly rebuilding...But who knows would survive all that lava flow,super hurricanes,and so forth and oh yeah...Thanks for Sharing Haz! :3

Aisha deCabre

I personally only think the world will end when it's ACTUALLY destroyed.  If a meteor like that which struck the dinosaurs comes, I bet anything a surviving population of people will have already escaped into space.  And knowing people, we may come back to reclaim the planet.  Just an observation that I have a bit more faith in the human race than to think we'd claim a single event or chain of them as apocalyptic.

Then again, people are wierd sometimes.   :rolleyes

EDIT: HOLY!  Are they sure that's an asteroid?  That freakin' looks like a small moon.   :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Jim Halisstrad

Hey, sometimes when the end is coming you just have to sit back and laugh.
Thanks http://www.exitmundi.nl/ :3

Eibborn

The worst thing is that while watching that video, my attention wandered drastically and I honestly just skipped to the ending.
Booooooring. :B
/kicks the internet over

Elader Arkon

I think the world will end in war. I defy anyone to prove that humans have more common sense when it comes to armed conflict then we did thousands of years ago. The only difference between then and now is the fact that we have much more devastating weapons now than we did back then. Mankind doesn't need any help from anyone or any thing to destroy itself.

KarlOmega1

I think the world will end in these ways:

1.Viral/bacterial Plague
2. Alien invasion
3.Famine
4. War
5. the Sun finally going supernova and either leaving Earth to Freeze, or the planet to boil from the explosion.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

xHaZxMaTx

I agree with Aisha.  The world will never really end untill it's completely destroyed, blown to tiny bits.  The world may end as we know it, the human race may become extinct, but something else will survive, even if it's an amoeba.  It will adapt, multiply, evolve, and over millions of years, it will probably develop into some sort of sentient being.

Gornemant

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on December 05, 2006, 02:18:08 PM
I think the world will end in these ways:

1.Viral/bacterial Plague
2. Alien invasion
3.Famine
4. War
5. the Sun finally going supernova and either leaving Earth to Freeze, or the planet to boil from the explosion.
you forgot a scenario like Terminator or any other artificial intelligence kinda thing  :3
... and maybe the Lexx  :U

but until then there's still plenty of time to have fun with our tiny toy explosives  :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EaSvF8e1Og

ITOS

Quote from: Gornemant on December 05, 2006, 02:50:33 PM
or any other artificial intelligence kinda thing  :3

I'm highly offended! D:<
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Gornemant

xHaZxMaTx

Don't worry, ITOS, you monitors are nothing but a minor nusence to reclaimers. :P  Er, wait, and the entire galaxy, too... :erk

Alondro

The world will end on July 15, 2009... thus saith the prophet of cheese!

Behold the power of cheese!

*gets sued by Wiscosin*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

xHaZxMaTx

The Aztecs predicted the end of the world on Dec 23, 2012. >:3

RJ

I'm a supporter of the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse(tm).

KarlOmega1

I forgot one:

Demonic invasion...Humanity gets enslaved.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Cogidubnus

Quote from: RJ on December 05, 2006, 08:28:51 PM
I'm a supporter of the Inevitable Zombie Apocalypse(tm).

No shotguns, no supplies of food and water, no riot gear...it's like they all want to get eated! :U

Alan Garou

This is no big deal. Earth Mark I already got destroyed a few billion years ago. Another planet collided with it, and the two merged. The leftover debris became our moon. Besides, we're way overdue for another mass extinction.

Cogidubnus

Aisha deCabre

Huh...maybe the world will end with the weapons of maths instruction after all.   :mwaha
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Indeed. Absolute knowledge is absolute destruction. Once someone fully understands the cosmos, they will end it, simply from causality and from the lack of purpouse.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it. We need to end this miserable existence before the next big crunch gets us. So go, mathematicians!