Who's the host?

Started by Destina Faroda, October 10, 2005, 03:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

So we have a Vampire party which has brought together nearly the entire class.  But there is a big question that hasn't been answered.  Who is throwing this party?  We can safely assume that anyone who is either at or headed to the party and has been shown is not the host.  Others like The Creator, the Devil, and Damaris can't host the party because they are elsewhere.  So will the host be shown?  Who is he or she?
Sig coming...whenever...

Sin Ominous

Maybe it's the blue-haired girl that D'Moon ran into?

I haven't read the latest, so...

Darkmoon

Slacker, go read the latest. It explains everything, I swear. It also slices, dices, and juliennes fries, honest. Plus, it cured world hunger, created world peace, saved the environment, and single-handedly cured cancer. S'Truth. I would never lie.

Destina Faroda

It wouldn't be the blue-haired girl because I think that would have been revealed to the readers in the conversation.  There really wouldn't be any need to hide that, so I assume what they were talking about was something, well bigger.

There is only one clue, but it's a big one.  Whoever sent the invitation knew Darkmoon was Jewish.  Given that Darkmoon doesn't exactly advertise this fact (heck, he changed his name), it has to be someone who knows him.

Given that the characters shown at the party, going to the party, or elsewhere have been eliminated, let's look elsewhere.

Extra-continuity characters

These characters have appeared in comic, but only either as top panel comics, supplementals, or sight gags with no "real" role (with the exception of the Country Knoll).  While some of these would be interesting posibilities to say the least, I can't see any reasonable explanation for any of them.

Actrise
Black Mage
Christopher
Cornell*
Country Knoll
Dan
Elizabeth
Fighter
Joachim
Juste
Lisa
Mab
Magus
Maria (child)
Reinhardt
Renon
Richter*
Robo
Rosa
Sheik
Simon
Soma
Sonia
Sypha
Trevor

*I know Richter and Cornell are technically part of the contuity but for this speculartion

Next we can eliminate any of Dracula's underlings who have not yet appeared and who are not listed above, like the generic Zombie and such as they've been established as being in Castlevania.  We can also eliminate any of the losers of the election, as well as Lucca and Crono since they've effectively "left" the comic.  And the dragons, the King, and the kidnapper are likewise eliminated based on common sense.

Characters who have not appeared...yet

Clara -- Nope, she's one of the dieties so she can't interefere in the plot.
Zelda -- No good reason for her being there.

Speculation

Dracula -- Though already ruled out by the "appeared at the party rule" I listed him because I thought there was a slim possibilty (how he's positioned in 202 and the fact that he's the only major character who was not shown or implied to receive and invitaton), but it's too much of a stretch considering that one, he's supposed to be on vacation, and two, nothing in the dialogue from 206 and 212 indicates he's anything but a guest.

Carmilla -- Technically elimnated by the "election losers" rule (she never won, just seized power).  While her being the host would explain the overwhelmingly female attendants, it would be problematic because she was last seen running from those cuckoos.  Also eliminated because she's shown no connection at all to any of the main heroes.

Alucard --  I thought about it, that maybe he put this party together as a lure to get rid of his father, but he's too one note to pull off something like this.

The Voice in the Cave -- Here's one that has been on my mind.  Remember when Katrina tried to lead th heroes and led them straight into a cave?  We never found out who was in that cave.  But this is very unlikely because that was only intended as a one-shot gag.  Other unseen off-panel characters would also fall into this category.

Given that I've eliminated everyone there are only two possibilities -- the host is a new character or I've eliminated someone unfairly.  Then again, I'm back where I started.  So I wrote this post for nothing.  Whee!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Actually, Elizabeth and Joachim are good possibilities, but for different reasons. The best reason, though, is that they are vampires.

Destina Faroda

But wouldn't that muck around too much with your "established" contrinuity?  Both have only been used in clearly extra-continuity scenarios.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

So? So have my regular characters...

Sin Ominous

This is true. Like the supplementals, for example.

Darkmoon

Indeed. And in fact, neither have appeared in a regular comic at all, so they are fair game to use now.

Destina Faroda

It's misdirection I say.  Misdirection!

Well I'd want it to be Joachim, but it's more likely Elizableth.  She is Dracula's niece and part of the extended family.

But in all seriousness, I don't know who's hosting this thing.  That's why the thread is a question.
Sig coming...whenever...

Xuzaf D

Darkmoon

Damn right. Fear Teh Harry!

You know, now that you've said that, I've half a mind to make a Pitfall Harry sprite just so it can be him.

Sin Ominous

*snort* That'd be a treat. :rolleyes

Darkmoon

Now I gotta figure out how the hell to work him in...

Xuzaf D

A lot of things can happen in a jungle.