Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snuggles

The sudden form change scares snuggles right behind Mel and starts to shake.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Okay. I think Snuggles has enough new things to think about for the moment. If we have to worry about attack shouldn't we be doing security type things?"
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Zet

*chuckles at the sight of seeing Snuggles jump around everywhere* your easily surprised I see *looks out the cave entrance* ok I think we should set up defences like Moonsoul said so... hey wheres DM did he fall behind?

topher chee

*Watches the chaos around him*
I need to lay off the milk. :)

Snuggles

"well you take my side of things... i find myself a week ago been put here, where i don't where here is. The locals here are, that i just found out, evil and trying to kill me. And in about 2 hours i find my self srounded by people that mostly change form or has something new to bring to the table that i haven't seen. There is so much a 15 year old, at least in my years, can take." Still shaking behind Mel.

topher chee

*turns to stand in front of Mel in a heroic pose*
"Have no fear, TOPHER IS HERE!"

Zedd

topher chee

If you are talking to me this is the first time I have ever said that...

e_voyager

"sorry about that snuggles.  i guess you scared Gospel as well" e looks at the cave entrance. "okay who wants first watch?"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

Not you Torpher...But think of going to diffrent worlds...it seems so familer

Mel Dragonkitty

"Snuggles, I didn't mean to insult you. There is only so many new things any mind can accept in a day before they need time to reflect on them."

Mel looks at the rest of the crew bounding around and exploring the cave. She mutters something of which only the words "Peter Pan" and "Wendy" can be made out. "Okay, who is taking first watch?"
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Kitsune Ascendant

*slowly works my way down to the clearing where the enslavers are*
hmm... minimal armorments that I can see. those cages don't even look like they'd hold a two-tailed kitsune, though. that worries me, because it means they have something I can't see. hmm...
*closes my eyes and reaches out with a magi-based metasense*
that would explain it. the place is covered in proximity-activated spells. detection, fireballs, death clouds. the works... and the cages are magically enforced, with a stasis spell. they've got a real nasty operation going here.

[a voice from the shadows]: yes I do, little fox lady. and you're about to be part of it.
*steps out* you see, I can see you just fine. ya tripped one of our alarms with your probing, and boss made sure all of use could handle any resistance your kind could give. *points a metal staff at moonsoul* so don't move, and we'll do this the easy way.

moonsoul: grunts doing the dirty work, eh? I severely doubt you could handle me. *as she speaks, the tips of moonsoul's fur turns a glowing blue, along with her eyes. she also shifts to her humanoid form*

grunt: oh shi-

*with a small gesture, the staff flies out of the grunt's hand with tremendous force, dislocating both the wrist and elbow. rather than physically touching it, moonsoul impales it in a nearby tree for the moment. *

moonsoul: We're going to do this the easy way, alright. you've enslaved my people, terrorized my land, and that's only the unspeakable evils I've found about so far. When I'm finished with you, you'll wish you'd never heard of your boss. hell hath no fury like a kitsune's wrath.

*with these words, tendrals of blue light leap from the ground, restraining the grunt from any movement at all. moonsoul walks up to him and places a hand on his forehead*

moonsoul: I could make this easy and painless, but you're not worth it. In the words of yami, you are soooo getting a mind rape.

*moonsoul procedes to extract every bit of information about the enslavers and boss as arrows of pure agony shoot through the grunt's skull. when she's finnished, the tendrals disapear, as the wide-eyed grunt drops to the ground, clearly incapable of thought anymore, though various extremeties twitch every now and again. she walks slowly up to the grunt, and kneels next to his head*

normally, I detest this kind of violence. that should give you an idea just how angry you and your boss have made me.
hmm, about that staff... If I create a secondary aura about myself, I can handle it fine. I got a decent idea of this guy's aura, so I think I'll shapeshift and do a bit of good old style infiltration. work my way up, replacing each victim with a illusion. and when I get to the top, what  I do to "boss" vlad is going to make this look cushy. of course, if I'm going to do this, I need to get rid of the body here.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Snuggles

Looks to Mel "You weren't the one that insulted me" Looking a little calmer now and looking around the cave. Then he puts his head down to think. In about a few miniuts, he lifts his head a little then perks up quickly and move to the openning of the cave with his ear out. "I think i hear two things. The first we are being followed or someone is coming. The second ... i think ... what is that sound... it is like enegry is coming from someone" Then he hears the cry of agony and moves back into the cave. "I think we should either go or move deeper into the cave." Again shaking at what he had heard.

topher chee

*Looks at the grunt laying motionless at the bottom of the forrest.  He decides whatever MoonSoul had done was for a good reason.  He walks toward MoonSoul, hoping to calm her down and put her at ease*

If you need help, I'll always be at your side.  As for those defence mechanisms gaurding the entrance, I can help with that.

*turns and looks to the top of the trees*

In my tapped form, I'm pretty much invincible unless I get saturated in water.  I can help open up the cages as well, and as for that staff, if you find no use to it, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.  I wouldn't mind adding on to the thalium.  The more I have to work with the better off I'll be.

(OOC:  YOU'RE A GIRL!!!!  Sorry, all this time I thought you were a dude)

Kitsune Ascendant

(ooc: irl I'm a guy. I play a rather interesting charachter that has the soul of both a male and a female kitsune, and the body is usually changed to reflect who is currenty in control of the body sorry if it confused you. refer to naming ceremony mini-arc in fur and feathers for more info)

hmmm... I don't know what you can do about the defense mechanisms, but it's probably best not to tamper with them. they've got that place wrapped in wards like a christmas present, and I have my doubts that even I could disable any of them without setting off ten more. however, I think I've got another idea... they'll probably send another grunt to see why this one hasn't reported in. I can easily enough give you access to one's memories and we can both infiltrate their base. it'll probably take a few days for us to get high enough in pecking order to get directly to this vlad guy. when we do, you free the captured kitsune, while I give him a good thrashing. sound good?
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Zedd

Hmmm do you think there will be no more distractions Moon?

DigitalMan

In a corner of the cave, several images are projected on the walls and as holograms. DM sits silently among them, navigating them by touch. Tracking the entire area and then some, nothing would get by his imfamous CameraBot arrays. He giggles and claps giddily a few times, watching Moonsoul take out the grunt.

DM checkes the contents of his Z-Buffer, making sure he's fully equipped. Looking over the cannons, bladed weapons, gems, and assorted other pain-bringers, he spaces out, imagining the sheer damage he could cause here.

"When travelling between universes, always pack at least twice your weight in weaponry..."

A CameraBot lowers near Moonsoul and Tophar, as DM uses it for remote communications.

"You can call me in when all the good guys are evacuated." There's talking in the background between DM and K2, and some mention of 'the Führer.' "We can handle cleanup of that base."

Kitsune Ascendant

okay, but do remember that boss vlad is mine and mine alone.

you ready toph?

Snuggles

Coming over to the screen "umm would you like help... i have been in the camp a few times before?"

e_voyager

e sighed ans he sits facing the entrance to the cave. "Gospel" at the name a  drop of purple light  enter the cave like a massive rain drop and the K9 was there  again thong this time he was not merging with e. " let's stand watch boy and i want you to run a full system check on yourself while we wait. the wolf barks turns and lays down.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

topher chee

Mel Dragonkitty

With everyone occupied for the moment Mel moved to the mouth of the cave where e was sitting. "What kind of security do we have here? Not to disparage Moonsoul's assurance of safety but she didn't know this planet had been invaded until we got here."

DigitalMan

DM turns to Mel, speaking loudly across the cave. "In a word? Lots." The last word is accentuated, a big grin forming on DM's face. Just thinking about what he could do when properly motivated in a defensive situation makes him giddy again. If not for his respect for Moonsoul's homeworld, there probably would have been much destruction already.

K2 adds his own encouragement. "I assure you, anyone wishing to attack us here will be most apologetic."

Kitsune Ascendant

okay. *with a few quick gestures, moonsoul makes both tophar and herself perfect replicas of the two grunts.*

<[through a telekinetic link] our minds are connected through the staves, which is impossible to detect by any means they have. you have instant access to any memory of the grunt you're disguised as, so don't worry about getting caught. I'm going to make a report in to boss vlad so he doesn't get too supicious>

*concentrates a particular way on "his" staff (still moonsoul, but the disguise is male)*
this is 421 reporting in. the alarm was false.

421, copy.  why did you activate your staff if it was a false alarm? over.

some smart ass put a rock that looked like a kitsune here. reccomend ya mark the zone as off limits, though. it had a few ugly traps. over
"
*sigh* we copy, 421. get your ass back to base. and next time, don't be so damn stupid. over and out.

off we go, "359"

topher chee

Zedd

e_voyager

"i don't really know Mel. i've been upgrading my body so much that it barely feels like it's my own anymore. " E shutters (have you ever seen the marvel Vs' capcom mega man special move?)  "the power i have in this body. well i go to 300% normal power i and lever a Mountain in one attack. with the exception of fortress guardian i almost never need to use that much power and some time it scares me that i have it." e rubs  Gospels head not even thinking that the two of them weren't flesh and blood the however respond any happy K9 and leaning into the affection. "you'd better get some sleep Mel. i'll take first watch and even dragons need to sleep"

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel looked down at herself and her feline illusion. "Dragon, yeah." She leaned against the cave wall, beyond the view of the door and switched to thought. "The kid is so happy that one of this crew is just a nice normal feline. I'm scared that when he finds out that I'm about as feline as you are he'll stop trusting us. How do I break it to him gently that no one here is like the folks back home?"

DigitalMan

"But that is illogical." DM's voice comes through a CameraBot next to Mel. "It would seem that we are stronger than him. Thusly, shouldn't he feel safer, being in such capable hands?"

Back at his monitor array, he plugs a small wire into the side of his sunglasses. As his body falls asleep, his mind remains awake, monitoring the CameraBots and running several programs on his computer.

Mel Dragonkitty

"He's lost in a strange place that probably seems pretty nightmarish. One group has been hunting him and he watches another group, made up of beings he's never seen the likes of before, step through a hole in time/space. I'm surprised we ever got him out of that tree. He's actually very strong to have adapted this well this fast. I just don't want to be the one last surprise that sends him screaming into the hills."