You Don't Need to be a 'Cubi to Fly

Started by xHaZxMaTx, November 11, 2006, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Skyventure in New Hampshire

Wowee, that was fun! :D  Probably not the same as actually skydiving, but it's probably the closest you're gonna get without actually falling.  It's expensive ($48 US for 2 minutes) but it's well worth it.  You can also buy a DVD for $10, but I can't seem to get it off the disc to upload it to YouTube/Google Video. :<

Zedd

LionHeart

That's right - I remember seeing it on TV once.

The couple were ardent skydivers (I think he actually proposed in freefall, IIRC), and the ceremony was conducted in the tunnel, because it was impractical to do so under "normal" freefall conditions.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Stygian

Which immediately makes me question - can Cubi even fly to begin with? I know they can probably use magic to assist in psopelling themselves, but still, even when morphed their wingspan doesn't seem to exceed somewhere about six metres...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on November 12, 2006, 09:28:11 AM
Which immediately makes me question - can Cubi even fly to begin with? I know they can probably use magic to assist in psopelling themselves, but still, even when morphed their wingspan doesn't seem to exceed somewhere about six metres...

See #263.  I'm not entirely sure what kind of Creature he is, or how he is able to fly anyway - I'd say it was partly magical.  (Death to the catgirls!)

With Jakob's character design, I made the decision early on that he couldn't fly although he can use his wings to brake his fall or glide somewhat, like Dan doesn't quite manage to do in #358.

(In one of the few times I've roleplayed outside of a game, Jakob jumped out the window to avoid Ink after breaking some foolish rule in the original All-Purpose-Fox thread.  Of course I was also paraphrasing Dumbledore's Death as written by H.P. Lovecraft at the time.)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

And here my character has wings that are near forty feet across when spread (!)... 'Cept of course he morphs them most of the time.

xHaZxMaTx

1.  This topic has nothing to do with 'cubi.  I just thought the title would be clever.
2.  Skydiving isn't 'freefall.'

Stygian

Done it. It's wonderful. Prolly gonna be doing more of it in the airborne rangers.