11/1/06 - Insert Hand for Prize

Started by Grenn, November 01, 2006, 12:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjannihilator

Quote from: tenlaius on November 01, 2006, 05:29:25 PM
hehehe...silly mab, and she looks..almost teeth rotting cute somehow with the ebil face xD
and the antenni are a dead giveaway that she is up to something ebil.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 01, 2006, 10:38:24 AM
Does anyone else read the Demonology info?  The bit about "impenetrable hides" ? Surely that means, even if he puts his hand in there, and the tree tries to bite it off, the likely result is broken teeth?

Thinks.  If Pyroduck's hide is impenetrable, why did Abel try to knife him?  He's one of the top students at SAIA - he must have known it wouldn't work if Pyro is still invulnerable in his humanoid form.
Unless of course he was so freaked out and desperate to save Dan that he didn't know what he was doing..

Fi's response is quite interesting too.  It's not "let's get out of here", it's "let's get DAN out of here".  That implies that Pyro is after Dan (or possibly any immature 'cubi) in particular and that Abel himself is of no interest to him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2006, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 01, 2006, 10:38:24 AM
Does anyone else read the Demonology info?  The bit about "impenetrable hides" ? Surely that means, even if he puts his hand in there, and the tree tries to bite it off, the likely result is broken teeth?

Thinks.  If Pyroduck's hide is impenetrable, why did Abel try to knife him?  He's one of the top students at SAIA - he must have known it wouldn't work if Pyro is still invulnerable in his humanoid form.
Unless of course he was so freaked out and desperate to save Dan that he didn't know what he was doing..

Fi's response is quite interesting too.  It's not "let's get out of here", it's "let's get DAN out of here".  That implies that Pyro is after Dan (or possibly any immature 'cubi) in particular and that Abel himself is of no interest to him.

Yeah, but maybe Pyroduck is penetrable in humanoid form.

Pyroduck probably would have done something by now if he was actually after Dan.

thegayhare

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 01, 2006, 05:45:45 PM

Pyroduck probably would have done something by now if he was actually after Dan.

Well truthfully He's pentrable in either form.  You just need to know the right place to penetrate.

*giggles*

willow186129

Quote from: Stygian on November 01, 2006, 09:44:33 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2006, 09:34:30 AM

From the Demonology 101:
Age 57,822, Balorie is considered a very young dragon.

... and that is just messed up. (seriously, I don't like it. were I to have that kind of lifespan, I'd probably end myself sometime into my seven-hundreds...)

Well, when you consider things, it's average for dragons. Like if a fly were to be turned into a human and realized it had more than 70 years to live, would it kill itself or be horrified? *deep thought*

Cogidubnus

Quote from: thegayhare on November 01, 2006, 05:49:38 PM

Well truthfully He's pentrable in either form.  You just need to know the right place to penetrate.

*giggles*

Get the hose!

ninjannihilator

Quote from: thegayhare on November 01, 2006, 05:49:38 PM

*giggles*

:bunnycry

That's not what I meant.

terrycloth

How do you know he hasn't? Although his plot probably isn't to kill Dan, it's to keep him from becoming a 'real' incubus.

(a) He joined Dan's party when they were heading for Twink territories, where he might have been reunited with Destania if Pyro hadn't prevented it (maybe).
(b) He convinced Aaryana to set up shop nearby, then spread rumors about her so that Dan would be exposed to a particularly obnoxious specimen of succubus.
(c) He's trying to seduce Alexei so that Dan can have half-dragon nephews and neices.

All part of his devious plot to turn Dan to the dark side! Er, well, the Cubi would technically be the dark side. His devious plot to turn Dan to the light side!

Stygian

Quote from: Smiles on November 01, 2006, 05:56:00 PM
Well, when you consider things, it's average for dragons. Like if a fly were to be turned into a human and realized it had more than 70 years to live, would it kill itself or be horrified? *deep thought*

No, it's not a question of lifespan. It's a question of livespan in relation to time perspective (flies have way shorter neural pathways than humans ergo they "think" faster, meaning they view time much differently from us) and the possibility for experience within the years of one's life. The more intelligent and the more long-lived (and perhaps also the more powerful) the lifeform is, the greater the self-destruct potential in my eyes.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: terrycloth on November 01, 2006, 06:06:26 PM

How do you know he hasn't? Although his plot probably isn't to kill Dan, it's to keep him from becoming a 'real' incubus.

(a) He joined Dan's party when they were heading for Twink territories, where he might have been reunited with Destania if Pyro hadn't prevented it (maybe).
(b) He convinced Aaryana to set up shop nearby, then spread rumors about her so that Dan would be exposed to a particularly obnoxious specimen of succubus.
(c) He's trying to seduce Alexei so that Dan can have half-dragon nephews and neices.

All part of his devious plot to turn Dan to the dark side! Er, well, the Cubi would technically be the dark side. His devious plot to turn Dan to the light side!

Never thought about that but I've never seen him try to seduce Alexsi, what strip was that in?

thegayhare

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 01, 2006, 06:01:19 PM

That's not what I meant.

I do not make bunnies cry...
I know what bunnies like, so any crying is for joy *wink wink nudge nudge*

and I know you didn't mean it loke that, thats what makes it fun... and why jump on something sexual I mean he's also got nostrils and ear canals you could penetrate

Tapewolf

Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 01, 2006, 06:21:59 PM
Quote from: terrycloth on November 01, 2006, 06:06:26 PM

Never thought about that but I've never seen him try to seduce Alexsi, what strip was that in?

Terry is taking known or guessed items and extrapolating them.  Nonetheless, this is where Pyro makes his first move:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_556.php

And yes, given the opportunities Pyroduck has had to murder Dan, I think it's something far more subtle that he's been tasked to do (assuming he has of course).

ninjannihilator

e_voyager

don't worry i myself see more romance then intent in most things. this includes many of Amber's comics
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Psaakyrn

Conspiracy part 2:

Fa'lina already knows about Pyro, and informs Mab when she came for a visit. They concott a plan to eliminate Pyro.

The Plan:
Step 1: Remove the bodyguard - Give Aaryanna a job she can't refuse, thus causing a split between her and Merlitz. Result: Merlitz gets emo and goes back to adventuring
Step 2: Replace the bodyguard - Tell Abel that the dragons already know where the last (male) Ti'Fiona is. Also add that if he doesn't go, she'll send Aaryanna instead.
Result: Abel whines and goes along.
Side note: This also means that Dan's father is already captured by the dragons.
Side note: In addition, it also means there's something special about the Ti'Fiona legacy..
Step 3: Seperate them into two groups - Part 1: Inform Alexi that inspectors are coming. Part 2: Remove Alexi, forcing Dan and Abel to stay behind (Dan due to likeness, Abel due to shapeshifter capability), allowing Mab and Pyro to be in the other group
Result: Group seperated, leaving Mab and Pyro together. Being Fae, Mab has reasonable capability of taking Pyro out of the picture.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Psaakyrn on November 01, 2006, 08:47:46 PM
Conspiracy part 2:

Fa'lina already knows about Pyro, and informs Mab when she came for a visit. They concott a plan to eliminate Pyro.

The Plan:
Step 1: Remove the bodyguard - Give Aaryanna a job she can't refuse, thus causing a split between her and Merlitz. Result: Merlitz gets emo and goes back to adventuring
Step 2: Replace the bodyguard - Tell Abel that the dragons already know where the last (male) Ti'Fiona is. Also add that if he doesn't go, she'll send Aaryanna instead.
Result: Abel whines and goes along.
Side note: This also means that Dan's father is already captured by the dragons.
Side note: In addition, it also means there's something special about the Ti'Fiona legacy..
Step 3: Seperate them into two groups - Part 1: Inform Alexi that inspectors are coming. Part 2: Remove Alexi, forcing Dan and Abel to stay behind (Dan due to likeness, Abel due to shapeshifter capability), allowing Mab and Pyro to be in the other group
Result: Group seperated, leaving Mab and Pyro together. Being Fae, Mab has reasonable capability of taking Pyro out of the picture.

So that's why Mab wanted the tree to eat Pyro's hand.

Boog

*Cackles* We don't see nearly enough ebil Mab. The smile looks a little awkward, but works anyway. "Doooooo Eeeeeet...." *cackles more* >:3

And as for that conspiracy listed above... Where did you guys get Dan being the last male Ti'Fona? He could have cousins or something, we know nothing about his family beyond his mother, father and half-sister.

Stygian

Mab is a Fae. Pyroduck, though a dragon, is shapechanged and unprepared for any agression from her side. Had Mab wanted to, she could have torn chunks out of him at this very moment, I beleive. There is no conspiracy, because if there was, then Pyro would already be dead or imprisoned.

It's just Mab's sense of humour. Get with it.

Sid

Quote from: Stygian on November 01, 2006, 09:27:50 PM
Mab is a Fae. Pyroduck, though a dragon, is shapechanged and unprepared for any agression from her side. Had Mab wanted to, she could have torn chunks out of him at this very moment, I beleive. There is no conspiracy, because if there was, then Pyro would already be dead or imprisoned.

Agreed. Oh so fully agreed.

They concott a plan to eliminate Pyro. [...] Being Fae, Mab has reasonable capability of taking Pyro out of the picture.

I honestly don't see Mab simply going along with a plan to kill anybody. Especially not when said anybody has proven to be so much help in the past and is considered to be a good friend.

This one makes no sense to me.
First of all, Merlitz is NOT Dan's bodyguard. He is a caring friend who has reasonably high power (for a Being).
Second: Even if you see him as a bodyguard, removing him from the picture makes NO SENSE. If there was the probability of a Dragon attack, it would be sound to keep all of Dan's powerful friends as close to him as possible. Besides, we have seen Abel's chances against Pyroduck. Leaving Abel alone as a bodyguard against a Dragon is silly.
:boogie

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Sid on November 01, 2006, 09:39:33 PM
Quote from: Stygian on November 01, 2006, 09:27:50 PM

Agreed. Oh so fully agreed.

They concott a plan to eliminate Pyro. [...] Being Fae, Mab has reasonable capability of taking Pyro out of the picture.

I honestly don't see Mab simply going along with a plan to kill anybody. Especially not when said anybody has proven to be so much help in the past and is considered to be a good friend.

This one makes no sense to me.
First of all, Merlitz is NOT Dan's bodyguard. He is a caring friend who has reasonably high power (for a Being).
Second: Even if you see him as a bodyguard, removing him from the picture makes NO SENSE. If there was the probability of a Dragon attack, it would be sound to keep all of Dan's powerful friends as close to him as possible. Besides, we have seen Abel's chances against Pyroduck. Leaving Abel alone as a bodyguard against a Dragon is silly.

The first two steps are essential to ensure that the third step works. It's not about guarding Dan, but ensuring that Alexi can be kidnapped, and also making sure that Mab and Pyro will be together (otherwise there'll be too much left to chance). Also, we know next to nothing about Mab's purpose in all this, but Mab is already known to be important based on Fa'Lina's comment about her.

But just in case, next time I do this, I should probably add a signature..

-- The Power of Aluminium Compels You!
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Sid

Quote from: Psaakyrn on November 01, 2006, 10:05:05 PM
The first two steps are essential to ensure that the third step works. It's not about guarding Dan, but ensuring that Alexi can be kidnapped, and also making sure that Mab and Pyro will be together (otherwise there'll be too much left to chance).

The thesis looks interesting, but strikes me as extremely constructed. If the main goal was to let Pyro and Mab wander off alone somewhere, there should be easier ways to do it...

Also, we know next to nothing about Mab's purpose in all this, but Mab is already known to be important based on Fa'Lina's comment about her.

You mean the "old/new friend" one? *frowns*

But just in case, next time I do this, I should probably add a signature..

-- The Power of Aluminium Compels You!

Ohhhhh your hat is shiny! :P
:boogie

e_voyager

i think Mab is just being Mab and having some silly fun
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

It's sad to see people ignoring a simple joke.

Manawolf

Quote from: thegayhare on November 01, 2006, 06:28:49 PM
Quote from: ninjannihilator on November 01, 2006, 06:01:19 PM

That's not what I meant.

I do not make bunnies cry...
I know what bunnies like, so any crying is for joy *wink wink nudge nudge*

and I know you didn't mean it loke that, thats what makes it fun... and why jump on something sexual I mean he's also got nostrils and ear canals you could penetrate

Not all bunnies are gay horndogs like yourself, and sit your butt back down.  Pai Gon is glaring at you.

Grenn

I donno, Dragon plots probably involve a lot of waiting. Heck, they have hundreds of thousands of years to live, so why rush something within a 3 month timespan? (Assumed time that Pyro has been there based upon commente in comic)

If there actually was a plot, it could take a decade or more to play out. Easily :)

ShiningShadow

There's many reasons why Pyro is there and why Abel tells him to stay away from Dan. There is something in the future that made Dan a legend in his own right that is downright scary *shudders*. Who knows until Amber give us another piece of the puzzle we will speculate some more.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 02, 2006, 07:20:32 AM
There's many reasons why Pyro is there and why Abel tells him to stay away from Dan. There is something in the future that made Dan a legend in his own right that is downright scary *shudders*.

We still don't know if Pyro can actually travel through time or if that's a convenient disguise for his dragon identity.  I don't see how Dan being a hero in the future is too much of a stretch - he did pretty well at about 16 - by the time he's 1000 or so he could be virtually unstoppable  >:3

Dan sort of reminds me of Pham Nuwen in A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge - "As soon as I'd built up a fleet, I'd blow it all on some wild venture and have to start from scratch again.  There were some places where they worshipped me as a legendary genius, and others where my name was synonymous with 'goofball'."

I'd like to think Dan's intelligence will improve as he gains power, but I guess we'll have to see.

ShiningShadow

We will wait and see what develops in Amber's mind on this matter.

thegayhare

Quote from: Manawolf on November 02, 2006, 12:42:28 AM
Not all bunnies are gay horndogs like yourself, and sit your butt back down.  Pai Gon is glaring at you.
Course bunnies are horn dogs, were famous for it.

Jeeze mana i was a joke a little fun because of the interesting word choice of fourmite.

No one appointed you the protector of the forums virtue, So sit your own butt down and If I've done something you don't like... Report me to a mod

We now return you to your regularly schedual speculation already in progress

*click*

...  And its for those very reasons I think wildy is made of sharp chedder cheese.  I belive my evidance speaks for it's self.

Alondro

*Charles has no problem with immortality*  I have an entire universe to explore, after all... and to conquere...    >:3

*Charline baps him*  Don't you dare steal my goals!   Hundres of thousands of living worlds... in billions of galaxies... so many souls to devour... infinite power all in the palm of my paws.... yesssssssss...   :mwaha  *erfs*  One is not enough!  Kage bunshin no jutsu!  *poof poof poof poof*   :mwaha  :mwaha  :mwaha  :mwaha  :mwaha   

That's more like it.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif