Found Amber Supermegatopia Pics

Started by Alan Garou, October 28, 2006, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

I was looking through the "Visions" section of the Supermegatopia archives, and I came across this pic by Amber from back in 2001. I wanted to show y'all this because, frankly, it kicks ass.

http://www.supermegatopia.com/visions/visions.php?thisLink=crushedandcrew.jpg

That will be all.

Manawolf

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Supercheese

Quote from: Manawolf on October 28, 2006, 10:06:23 PM
No comment.  NO COMMENT!

*Groans* I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm 99% sure I don't want to know. I'm somewhat familiar with SMT, and can hazard guesses...

Back to topic: Looks cool!  :boogie

Zedd

I knew she drew the cast quite well...

Netami

Yeah I was on SMT Blue just the other day.

Zedd

Amber Williams

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 28, 2006, 11:20:23 PM
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!

OLD ART!   :yuck
Even tho I think the art is still really cool, I was just waiting to hear that  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 28, 2006, 11:20:23 PM
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!

And still just as good :D

P/S: I'm not familiar with SMT, so may I ask who's that red-haired lady in the foreground? :rolleyes

llearch n'n'daCorna

That would be "Crushed", Kommisar.

Think "target" and you'll be about right. She gets crushed pretty much every episode. Or killed. Or knifed. Or something.

only it's all D&D, so she ends up, starkers, in the Temple Of Infinite Lives, and has to go home to find something to wear...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Ohh topic but wow

population explosion there Learch

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, no. You die, you get revived at the temple. Once per death.

Standard tactic of recovering from an outbreak of deadness. Most games have something like that, otherwise you have to start up a new character, and, gee, that's no fun.

Plus Crushed is cute. :-)

Zedd

I rather team up with a pinless handgrenade than Crushed xD

Aridas

Because you'd rather be maimed yourself?

Manawolf

It's cause naked women just don't do anything for him.

Zedd

Quote from: Manawolf on October 29, 2006, 02:44:24 PM
It's cause naked women just don't do anything for him.

That and I have my own naked people to deal with...Im gonna go hide under the stairs pantry at Lost Lake now...Thxkmuch

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

I don't see how different it is from what she does now >.>

Amber Williams

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 29, 2006, 04:11:39 PM

Wow. Way to crush my self esteem there. :<

skwerly

Quote from: Amber
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!

Haw, that's nothin'.  I got stuff so old classic she wasn't even putting dates on 'em yet! :)

1500 unique images so far, not counting the wallpaper wars or DMFA/AS strips.  I spent a couple weeks searching Google and the Internet Archive for this stuff.  Quite a bit of it isn't on her sites anymore, or never was.  I even have her long-dead VCL comments.  Missing maybe 10 pics for that. 

And I have another 50 images that may or may not be hers.  They look like her style to me but there are no signatures.  Anyone care to ID 'em?

Who else hoards MabArt?  I'd like to trade stashes but I dunno how much of this stuff falls under the Do Not Distribute category.

Yes Ms Mrs Amber, I like your art that much.  All of it, old and new.  Aren't you glad I stalk images instead of people? :)

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 29, 2006, 04:09:02 PMI prefer the term 'classic'..
agreed! amber's art has definitly improved, but her past artwork still looks awesome... :D
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 29, 2006, 04:11:39 PM
don't say that! it implies her work hasn't improved...

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 29, 2006, 04:25:19 PMWow. Way to crush my self esteem there. :<
nooooooo! I was too late... again... evil slow computer... >_>

Aridas

Noooooo, i'm trying to imply that the old stuff is good enough to compete, not yuck-worthy :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: skwerly on October 29, 2006, 04:28:14 PM
Haw, that's nothin'.  I got stuff so old classic she wasn't even putting dates on 'em yet! :)

1500 unique images so far, not counting the wallpaper wars or DMFA/AS strips.

You're my hero.   All I really have that's special is the original edition of #551 and a couple of doodles that showed up in the forum like the Gay-For-Abel logo, and a few of the Abel-war images that I'm not sure are in the archive.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: skwerly on October 29, 2006, 04:28:14 PM
1500 unique images so far, not counting the wallpaper wars or DMFA/AS strips.  I spent a couple weeks searching Google and the Internet Archive for this stuff.  Quite a bit of it isn't on her sites anymore, or never was.  I even have her long-dead VCL comments.  Missing maybe 10 pics for that. 

I've even managed to lose BoxPron. *sigh* did you get that there?

skwerly

Quote from: Tapewolf
All I really have that's special is the original edition of #551 and a couple of doodles that showed up in the forum like the Gay-For-Abel logo, and a few of the Abel-war images that I'm not sure are in the archive.

There are at least 10 images from various Wars missing from the archive.  I'll submit 'em to Darkmoon if he's interested in adding them.

'fraid I haven't kept original (I assume you mean pre-corrected?) comics, like May's missing nose color and such.

Quote from: llearch

I have nothing with that filename.  I remember seeing some Taski art with box pron though. 

Stygian

...you just keep going over her head, don't you? AMBER! What do you have to say about all this?

skwerly

Quote from: Stygian
...you just keep going over her head, don't you?

*blink*

...huh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: skwerly on October 29, 2006, 05:00:05 PM
Quote from: llearch

I have nothing with that filename.  I remember seeing some Taski art with box pron though. 

The name is something like that, rather than specifically that. :-/ Thanks for looking, though.