3 (10.7%)
No
20 (71.4%)
Maybe
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: November 02, 2006, 11:14:31 PM

Zorro

Should Abel's Story be Spun-off in to it's own comic?

DigitalMan

Maybe... but it kinda already is. I'm not sure if much more is needed.

ChaosTiger

hmm, yes, that would be interesting... I think Abel deserves his own comic... and if he did get his own comic, we wouldn't have to wait a week for each update o_o @_@ xD

Jack McSlay

Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 27, 2006, 12:24:01 AM
hmm, yes, that would be interesting... I think Abel deserves his own comic... and if he did get his own comic, we wouldn't have to wait a week for each update o_o @_@ xD
I really don't think he having his own comic would mean a boost on updates...

besides I think it IS his own comic, except he doesn't have one page dedicated only for him.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Hmm if he gotten his own page...Just ask him be the decrating  personal

Magic

The current Abel's Story is limited, period. It will eventually link up with the SAIA arc, history-wise.

If it is to "spin-off", it would generally mean that either Amber would have to write, draw, and colour a whole new series (would pick up after the wedding arc, probably); overloading whatever workload she already has--

--or someone else can write the comic, that would be a lot more likely to happen. It would also mean that person would have to adjust whatever story s/he has in mind to the timeline wherein Abel appears in DMFA. Plus it'd probably take some artistic liberties (characters in a comic reflects facets of a writer's personality) that would alienate most Abel fans, and eventually make it a thankless, fruitless job.

It would also be a narcissistic point of view. Only him, every comic, every update? Abel is nice, but too much of anything goes bad. Comics like this would generally have to have a few more characters-- meaning more work, more writing of backstories, or having to take permissions for existing ones.

Finally; It'd be a new comic, if anything, rather than a spin-off.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

ShiningShadow

I like Abel where he is right now no spin-off for him.

ninjannihilator

So far so good, as long as Abel becomes a regular for the main comic strip (he probably will be) I'm  :]. I just hope we get close to 200 pages for Abel's Arc.

Zedd

Hmmm it might be 200 soon if AMbers talent doesnt splode like a bottle rocket like she said

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Zedd on October 30, 2006, 11:21:57 PM
Hmmm it might be 200 soon if AMbers talent doesnt splode like a bottle rocket like she said

Didn't she say fizzle out. I want a cookie :mowcookie

Zedd

Here's your cookie *slams a giant one on his head*

ninjannihilator

Oww 'A' :crying

That hurt. Do you want a cookie too?

*Hands Zedd a crumb of the giant cookie*

Zedd

Umm no thanks its alright...ANyhow as I was going to say...Where could Amber might take her time to make this spinoff? I am not sure she could do it...Might need some help though

komissarmakarov

Abel spin-off? Nah.

Regina spin-off? :D

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Magic

And free time, she kind of needs that the most.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

ShiningShadow

I don't think Abel should have a spin-off. He's a basically a new character and has not establised firmly at Lost Lake or with the DMFA Regulars just yet. I will be a very long time till he does establish his character but right now no spin-off for Abel.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ink on October 31, 2006, 06:57:02 AM
And free time, she kind of needs that the most.

How should we donate some of that to her? :square
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

My opinion stands with Ink. Quality over quantity is always my opinion.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on October 31, 2006, 07:22:06 AM
My opinion stands with Ink. Quality over quantity is always my opinion.

Here, Here I second that

Amber Williams

I didnt want to rain on any hopes or parades, but I've been of the mind that once Abel's Story is complete, I would either take the Saturday slot and give it to the story involving Mikelo and the Mab's Land characters...or possibly another story I have had my eyes on.

It's hard to say really since it'll be a while till Abel's Story is done and who knows what the future holds.

Either way I wouldn't count out other characters getting more serious side-stories in the future.  Maybe not as massively huge...but its always a possibility.

Aridas

Abel's Story is already kinda spun off anyway, isn't it? >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

So we might get Regina sometime later? Woot, something to look forward to.

... maybe. *crosses fingers*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 31, 2006, 07:54:52 AM
Abel's Story is already kinda spun off anyway, isn't it? >.>
The real question is "Should Abels Story end?"  As originally conceived, it was intended as a short story introducing a new character.  The story has grown longer in the telling.  If Amber wanted to, she could prolong it indefinitely.  I understood the poll to be asking if she should do that.

I voted no, as I would prefer Ambers talents to be concentrated in a single storyline, not spread out over several.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 31, 2006, 07:48:32 AM
I didnt want to rain on any hopes or parades, but I've been of the mind that once Abel's Story is complete, I would either take the Saturday slot and give it to the story involving Mikelo and the Mab's Land characters...or possibly another story I have had my eyes on.

It's hard to say really since it'll be a while till Abel's Story is done and who knows what the future holds.

Either way I wouldn't count out other characters getting more serious side-stories in the future.  Maybe not as massively huge...but its always a possibility.

But... Regina? :(

Aridas

Stig: Amber's already said she intended to fill in most of the "important" past points up to the present, and the story already has a definite end. It's just that where along the number of strips it ends is going to be the tough part.

ITOS

There are so many stories that could be told. We will never see them all...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

ninjannihilator

It seems like were only getting eleven more strips. :cry
I wanted a little bit more.

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 31, 2006, 07:07:35 AM
I don't think Abel should have a spin-off. He's a basically a new character and has not establised firmly at Lost Lake or with the DMFA Regulars just yet. I will be a very long time till he does establish his character but right now no spin-off for Abel.
Um...so two entire story archs with 70% of the strips containing Abel and the current story arch and his own story arch seem to make him an unestablished character. He might be new but he is established, he's Dan's mentor for probably 2 DMFA years.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 31, 2006, 07:48:32 AM
Would one of those be the one featuring the characters on the top of http://www.mabsland.com/Art5.html  :eager

Quote from: ninjannihilator on October 31, 2006, 04:04:55 PM
He might be new but he is established, he's Dan's mentor for probably 2 DMFA years.
I'd certainly agree with that.
:ddrabel
(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Amber Williams

You would be correct modelincard.  Speaking of which...I really should finish making up the prototype images of the rest of the cast...