10-20-06: Well, one bell ain't chiming...

Started by Aisha deCabre, October 19, 2006, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 20, 2006, 05:36:45 PM
Wouldn't mind fighting Fa' Lina? Whenever fighting a wizard, it's always best to remember what the very wise have said about them.
'do not meddle in the affairs of wizards'. :magus1

Whenever fighting any sort of magical entity, demon, angel, wizard or otherwise, it's always best to remember what Stygian has said about them;

"Without Magic, even Demons are fricking useless"  :bat

Aisha deCabre

Hm...I wonder if Wildy would ever fight a human, as she's a fan of them...

Anyway.  I'd agree with some people that they both seemed to deserve what they got...but Abel in particular.  I know from experience that sticks and stones often hurt LESS than what words do.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

DigitalMan

Jeez, I go to sleep for just 12 hours, and when I come back, Charline and Stygian are brainstorming again. *hops into his pirate ship and prepares to flee at a moment's notice*

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2006, 07:51:17 AM
Oh, and DigitalMan... Personally, I think that even I'd keep on the right side of you after twenty cups of coffee and some Red Bulls, not being a magic user and all. All that caffeine and sugar alone is enough to give someone superpowers.

Finally, someone understands me! D:

At any rate... now I'm most interested to see how this turns out. This little spat could end quickly in the next page, or it may evolve into a larger issue. :eager I wanna see, I wanna see! Is it Monday yet?

And yeah, I wouldn't want to fight Alexsi. She doesn't use magic. I have nothing that could stop her :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2006, 05:40:15 PM
Whenever fighting any sort of magical entity, demon, angel, wizard or otherwise, it's always best to remember what Stygian has said about them;
"Without Magic, even Demons are fricking useless"

Well, DMFA demons can harden their skin, sharpen their claws/hooves/hands to razor points and have lightning reflexes to boot.  'cubi inherit most of these abilities, although the hardening and sharpening is usually done to their tentacles rather than their limbs or bodies per se.

Other than that, yeah.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

That sounds like it would suck to fight Demons and Cubi. And yet, why am I not terrified?
:ddrabel

Oh, yeah...that's why!

DigitalMan

Obviously you don't play DDR, or else you would be terrified D:

Draksaith

DDR... Abel... Awesome... senses... EXPLODING!!!

Supercheese

What, are people objecting to the six-panel layout? That's easy. Almost as easy as doubles mode. Man, now I want to change my avatar again...

Zedd

Same question I ask eatch day...Why do ferrets Dook?

Cogidubnus

Tapewolf

Dooking is apparently a chittering sound that ferrets make when they are happy or excited.

Stygian

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2006, 05:44:41 PM
Well, DMFA demons can harden their skin, sharpen their claws/hooves/hands to razor points and have lightning reflexes to boot.  'cubi inherit most of these abilities, although the hardening and sharpening is usually done to their tentacles rather than their limbs or bodies per se.

Other than that, yeah.

And what's to say someone or something else can not? Did you think I did not take their morphic nature into consideration? Heh... All that furious, unbridled magic does make them insanely powerful and influential, far more than I could ever be. But what happens when they come across something whom their magic will not work against? Someone who can outmatch them in nearly every other sense, and who doesn't bother with showing off or biding time, but simply goes for the kill?

Stygian's face spreads out in perhaps one of the most sinister smirks you have ever seen.

Oh, and on another note; Ferrets dook because they possess a unique combination of awesomness and skill that allows them to. It's their way of saying "Dood, we don't squeak like fricking bunnies. We have our own style."

Cogidubnus

That is probably one of the most unfortunate descriptions for a sound, ever.

Now returning to your regularly scheduled madness.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2006, 06:59:03 PMAnd what's to say someone or something else can not? Did you think I did not take their morphic nature into consideration? Heh... All that furious, unbridled magic does make them insanely powerful and influential, far more than I could ever be. But what happens when they come across something whom their magic will not work against? Someone who can outmatch them in nearly every other sense, and who doesn't bother with showing off or biding time, but simply goes for the kill?

I dunno. Why don't you ask the weres?  Oh thats right...they're in hiding...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2006, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 20, 2006, 05:44:41 PM
Well, DMFA demons can harden their skin, sharpen their claws/hooves/hands to razor points and have lightning reflexes to boot.  'cubi inherit most of these abilities, although the hardening and sharpening is usually done to their tentacles rather than their limbs or bodies per se.

Other than that, yeah.

And what's to say someone or something else can not?

Amber's Demonology pages, perhaps?  It seems to be restricted to Angels and Demons ('cubi being a subclass of demons)

QuoteHeh... All that furious, unbridled magic does make them insanely powerful and influential, far more than I could ever be. But what happens when they come across something whom their magic will not work against?

Well, last time this came up Amber seemed to be separating magic and innate abilities into two distinct categories, i.e. spellcasting is magic, the skin-hardening is not magic since it's provided by their metabolism.

QuoteSomeone who can outmatch them in nearly every other sense, and who doesn't bother with showing off or biding time, but simply goes for the kill?

It would depend on the demons' skill, I suppose.  Adventurers can and do kill them, after all..

QuoteStygian's face spreads out in perhaps one of the most sinister smirks you have ever seen.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Stygian on October 20, 2006, 06:59:03 PMBut what happens when they come across something whom their magic will not work against?

And that is why DM is not allowed outside his own universe. *threatens random magic users with Quantum Disrupter shells*

*tries to think of something more relevant to the main topic* ... Crap, I got nothing...

Draksaith

*100% Relevance*

Ding Dong Ding Dong... Dong Ding Ding Do- Do- Do- Bell...wont...chime...

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on October 20, 2006, 05:40:52 PM
Hm...I wonder if Wildy would ever fight a human, as she's a fan of them...

Pfft, Wildy is EXTREME enough to fight anything.

I have to say though, my three Favorite characters are Abel, Wildy and Matilda.  So, I'm looking forward to more interaction between Wildy and Abel.   Just think how awsome it would be if they both despised one thing enough to team up.

It warms my cold, brittle shell of a heart just thinking about it.

And even though both of them, in my opinion, deserved the smack down they got it doesn't mean I'm not 100% behind them.
Heck, If I could write decently I totally would write parody smut about my friends without thier knowlege.

QuoteThere's always the freedom to accept the consiquences
~Forgotten character in Going Postal, by Terry Pratchet.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 20, 2006, 07:37:57 PM
I have to say though, my three Favorite characters are Abel, Wildy and Matilda.  So, I'm looking forward to more interaction between Wildy and Abel.   Just think how awsome it would be if they both despised one thing enough to team up.

It warms my cold, brittle shell of a heart just thinking about it.

Like in the movies, or games, or shows, where good and evil team up to take down an even greater evil? God I love it when that happens.

Hmm, there's an opening here for Abel to explain exactly why he doesn't like the idea of people assuming different identities. But will it happen? Only Amber knows :U

ChaosTiger

*takes in a breath of fresh air* aaaahh, randomness and insanity...  >:3 ...now back to the subject at hand o_o xD

I think they both got what was coming to them... although there are more peaceful ways of settling a dispute... like DDR ^_^ http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_292.php

Zedd

The former greater evil is 6 feet bellow basicly became already soil for fresh flowers

Draksaith

Quote from: Zedd on October 20, 2006, 08:13:09 PM
The former greater evil is 6 feet bellow basicly became already soil for fresh flowers

Observe the former however, If there is no greater evil, there can be no greater good.

There must always be a balance, otherwise the universe would fall apart...

So that means, theres a new Greater evil...

Zedd

Quote from: Draksaith on October 20, 2006, 08:21:36 PM
Quote from: Zedd on October 20, 2006, 08:13:09 PM

Observe the former however, If there is no greater evil, there can be no greater good.

There must always be a balance, otherwise the universe would fall apart...

So that means, theres a new Greater evil...

Bingo! You win the grant prize! Tell em' What they won?

Draksaith

You've won... An Infinite matter storage device loaded with... In & out's famous #1 meals!

...and a milkshake

Madmann135

From what I've seen I believe Abel just doesn't like it when someone tries to become someone who they are not and therefore take on a completely diffrent Identity.

Now for Able and fighting.  Able is well versed in the use of magic and from what I've seen he tends to use quite annoying techniques to subdue his foe for good but he uses his magic to bring his foe down.  Therefore Abel uses his brains more than his brawn in combat, except wen he was trying to beat Pyroduck, who won by simply laying down on him [excuse the sex joke there].  

From what I've seen I think Widly will have a lot to think about.

crazy computer lagged my reply

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kenji

They should just tell Abel it's halloween, or something. Or that it's a televised joke on the reporters..

Madmann135

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 20, 2006, 08:35:12 PM
They should just tell Abel it's halloween, or something. Or that it's a televised joke on the reporters..

Yanno, as effective that may sound I think Abel would not fall for it.  Despite what he wants everyone to think he's pretty smart.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kenji

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 20, 2006, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: FireKatKid on October 20, 2006, 08:35:12 PM

Yanno, as effective that may sound I think Abel would not fall for it.  Despite what he wants everyone to think he's pretty smart.

I'm pretty sure it'd work. Oh those cubi. Just buy him something fancy for his trouble. Like fancy lint to keep him occupied while the rest of the inn sleeps.

DigitalMan

Smart, maybe... but gullible when it comes to anything outside the Academy. I doubt he's figured out what a digital camera is, either.

GabrielsThoughts

hmm... there's always the possibility that another Dan could travel back in time from the future useing some technology that jyrras cooked up. Or even a Dan From a parallel universe, or eveb Abel's ebil twin, could pop in magically.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.