10-20-06: Well, one bell ain't chiming...

Started by Aisha deCabre, October 19, 2006, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Where's that one smiley that's laughing so hard it's crying, rolling around on and slamming his hands on the ground?

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on October 19, 2006, 10:08:14 PM
I don't think Abel even needed to read her mind there - remember, he was in the bookstore with Jyrras, and he probably picked it up from him rather than her.
Jyrras: Do you know what I think.
Abel: Not really. Mind shield, remember.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_648.php

In other words, Abel couldn't have gleaned anything from jyrras even if he wanted to.  He only got the surface info, not the full thing.  True, even if he did read Jyrras' mind, he wouldn't have gotten much.

Quote from: Slipdance on October 19, 2006, 11:33:01 PM
One low blow deserves another.  Wildy's was just of the physical variety.
:lol :lol :lol
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Draksaith

I think that they both deserved what they got, but Wildy should'nt have been dealt with by Abel, as Abel really did'nt have anything to do with the whole matter other than being Jyrras's friend.

It was a very rash and poorly thought out decision on Abel's part, but it was'nt unexpected because... come on, it's Abel.

But of course, this also leads into some nice Sub-plot tension, as Wildy seemed DEEPLY hurt while being reminded of her novel.

*Jim's post made ALMOST made me ROFL out of my chair*

Taross

Actually, Abel may be a jerk... But on the whole Wildy might've deserved it more.

The whole "Do what I say or else I'll almost kill you" thing to the point where most of your /friends/ are afraid of you is a lot worse than acting like a bastard.

Zedd

Like my father says..What doesnt kill you...Might as well be a wuss and get it over with...

Aridas

Abel never needed to read anyone's mind to know Wildy wrote the novel, since he already read it, and gained knowledge from Jy of who wrote the thing, and who it was about.

Now, I think Abel's experiencing pain right now because the only thing he DOESN'T know is that releasing that novel was a mistake (check back there, Wildy thought she had gotten permission) so, an eye for an eye... Well... That's not an eye... but forget all that! Abel hurtz.

LionHeart

Quote from: Stygian on October 19, 2006, 11:43:21 PM
...And wouldn't it be possible for a shapeshifter to reconstitute even certain... bits... rather fast, due to their nature? Or use magical healing?

I think either shapeshifting or magical healing would require more concentration than Abel would be capable of right about now...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

icarus

Quote from: e_voyager on October 20, 2006, 12:57:53 AM
okay that quot totally lost me! what doest it mean  amber?

well the quote is from the english language...which probably explains why it was lost on you.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Tapewolf

I usually read DMFA for the plotline and drama rather than the humour, but this one had just the right amount of both.  I can see I'll be glancing back at it all day..

I'm in the Wildy-had-it-coming camp, by the way  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Quote from: icarus on October 20, 2006, 04:06:57 AM
okay that quot totally lost me! what doest it mean amber?

well the quote is from the english language...which probably explains why it was lost on you.
BURN.

e_voyager

Taross  you do have a point except that in this case not only did Widly  keep her promise to send him the first copy she gave him veto right in the questionnaire that Lorenda sent back. she never meant to hurt him and thought that sh had his okay first

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 20, 2006, 04:14:08 AM

BURN.

well that takes me back to the playground but it tales all kinds doesn't it?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

MT Hazard

More emotional and physical pain all round. Im begining to thing Wildy and Abel have something in common, a tough act concelling much emotional turmoil. Well a good deal of the cast is like that true but Jyras,Abel,Dan and Wildy in particular.

I predict tears before too long and for once they won't be Dan's.

On another matter I had a idea a while back about a cubi that feeds specifical on courage as courage is simple a strong will despite an abundance of fear. Thy could lure wannabe hero to fight with them to test their worth and get a decent meal and the same time.

That was part of a character idea I had a while back that I not sure would work.

Any thoughts?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

Okays this might cause something to stir...But...Did ever noticed that it took years later to let us fans realize that the lost lake had a hardwood floor?

Psaakyrn

Well, it depends on whether http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_180.php is considered partially canon.. (we need more cushion-chairs!)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

DigitalMan

Well on that note, I must say, Amber did a damn good job with the top-down view in the first frame. That's hard to pull off.

As for backgrounds, or the previous lack thereof, those are a pain to draw, especially with any consistency. I hope I never even have to try. *huggles 3D Studio and the finalToon renderer* Mmm, cheat code for art...

As for Hazard's character... Great, as though my own character wasn't enough of a cubi battery. I don't think I could ever fight anyone here D:

Aridas

Quote from: e_voyager on October 20, 2006, 04:57:25 AM
Taross you do have a point except that in this case not only did Widly keep her promise to send him the first copy she gave him veto right in the questionnaire that Lorenda sent back. she never meant to hurt him and thought that sh had his okay first

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 20, 2006, 04:14:08 AM

BURN.

well that takes me back to the playground but it tales all kinds doesn't it?

we're just missing the wedgies and tattling.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 20, 2006, 06:04:27 AM
we're just missing the wedgies and tattling.

I give it about ten, maybe fifteen minutes. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Slavkei

Quote from: Manawolf on October 19, 2006, 10:50:38 PM
I don't think he'll be in any condition to help.  And remembrer folks, the chaotic critters are very hard to predict what they'll do, especially when you make the opening blow.

STOP. REFERENCING. DUNGEONS. AND. DRAGONS. AND. ACTING. LIKE. YOU'RE. SOME. KIND. OF. KNOWITALL.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Slavkei on October 20, 2006, 06:39:32 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on October 19, 2006, 10:50:38 PM
I don't think he'll be in any condition to help. And remembrer folks, the chaotic critters are very hard to predict what they'll do, especially when you make the opening blow.

STOP. REFERENCING. DUNGEONS. AND. DRAGONS. AND. ACTING. LIKE. YOU'RE. SOME. KIND. OF. KNOWITALL.

... The hell... I see no reference to D&D, which obviously means someone who's never played can understand his post just fine... Hard to tell if this is flaming or flame-bait... I'm reporting it either way.

Aridas

ShiningShadow

But as I see it Wildly had it comming for a very long time. I think Wildly and Jyrass are the best of friends in Wildly perspective. I think she feels *this is my opinion here don't get mad* I think Wildly feels emotionally she dosen't deserve friends at Lost Lake hence the threats of violence to everybody to keep them far away from her. I think she has a wall buit up so high around her true feelings she is so scared to show them to her friends at Lost Lake. When Abel made that stinging comment about how you make friends and write a book and stabbed them in the back. I think Wildly need to think and take account for her actions and try to open up to them. Because as I see it if Wildly continues with the threats of violence and doing things to hurt their feelings. Then Wildly will be all alone.......................

Stygian

Why did you even have to bring those things up? Stop banging the other posters, don't use Babel Fish but look in a dictionary, and be glad I'm not standing behind you right now.

Aside from Wildy being a jerk, maybe someone will agree with me that Abel might also have deserved a bit of pain for being so asshattish as to not shapeshift when it is required of him. Who is going to fill in?

Oh, and DigitalMan... Personally, I think that even I'd keep on the right side of you after twenty cups of coffee and some Red Bulls, not being a magic user and all. All that caffeine and sugar alone is enough to give someone superpowers.

ChaoSynergy

QuoteWildy:  /R/ Merlitz?

Abel:  Become an hero

Wildy: ZA WARUDO!  MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAetc...

Fixed ;3

Stygian

Gabi

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 19, 2006, 09:23:44 PM
Ooo, burn.

I'd have thought Abel wouldn't have read through Wildy's memories so quickly. Unless he was reading her thoughts which may have been mulling over the book thing.
Abel was with Jyrras when he found out about the novel. He didn't have to read her thoughts to know what she had done.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kitome Feathertail

I don't think Abel makeing a comment about the book with only second hand information is any worse than Wildy telling him to change into Merlitz without at least trying to find out why he doesn't want to. 
And honestly, if Wildy is such a good friend to Jy she should have known he wouldn't like the novel without having to bother is a questioner and what not so I'm a thinkin she kinda had it comeing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kitome Feathertail on October 20, 2006, 09:26:46 AM
And honestly, if Wildy is such a good friend to Jy she should have known he wouldn't like the novel without having to bother is a questioner and what not so I'm a thinkin she kinda had it comeing.

Don't forget that Lorenda intercepted the proof copy so that Jyrras never found out.  Personally I think Wildy deserves it simply because she usually wins, and I think it's time she didn't  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kitome Feathertail

I understand that but it is still a pretty lame excuse.  There never should have been a proof copy because Wildy should have known Jy would have said no in the first place.  If she honestly thought otherwise then she needs to get to know her friends a little more.

Rowne

I always had a feeling that would happen someday, Wildy is the right height for it, after all.

Abel's reaction was rather odd though, is this a variation of fighting fire with fire, except instead of fire, it's evil?  He isn't usually the evil sort but he's had a lot of experience with Ink and he did come over there as very Ink-like.  Perhaps he might believe that in emulating something he finds to be evil and intimidating, he might aquire that aura for his own use.

That or he might've been trying to EmoJamâ„¢ beings again.

Stygian

I think Abel is
quite aware that he cannot
do that to Wildy