Violence: 10-18-06

Started by Alan Garou, October 17, 2006, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lomgren

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 18, 2006, 02:38:51 AM

QuoteZa?  And merr?  Maybe I'm confused from staying up later than I have been recently...
Sorry, obscure internet Meme.
Don't have the exact picture, but the text is Long cat is long.  Sorry for the confusion but I can't  help it.  I produce it as a natural byproduct, in bulk.
No worries, I'm not up on many internet memes.  The few I know I either dislike, or come from the EGS forums over at KeenSpot, such as "Seconded!"

Comma

Quote from: Izkata on October 18, 2006, 02:36:44 AM
I can't have been the only one that misread Abel's last line as "Just because you look female doesn't mean I won't hit on you..." the first time.....
You're not alone. :U

Zedd

Now I say this comic is the cutness like RJ is cuddley evil *hugs her offscreen*  :hug

Aridas

Jim Halisstrad

Madmann135

I bet if Dan wanted to and had the time he could blackmail Abel into doing anything he wanted.  Yet Dan in my opinion doesn't do Blackmail.

I wonder what anctics would lead to Abel helping out even more?  Maybe a little compromise?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 18, 2006, 03:14:23 AM
I wonder what anctics would lead to Abel helping out even more? Maybe a little compromise?

I know one...Not to tell a living or dead soul about these events about to happen

xHaZxMaTx

I think Dan should threaten Abel by saying he'll tell Alexsi that the interview fell through because Abel didn't want to take the place of Merlitz. >:3

DigitalMan

Now that's motivation! I doubt Abel wants to spend the rest of his days hiding beneath a staircase.

Madmann135

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 18, 2006, 03:23:50 AM
I think Dan should threaten Abel by saying he'll tell Alexsi that the interview fell through because Abel didn't want to take the place of Merlitz. >:3

now THAT's motivation.
Alexsi can get scarry when she's angry, not from face expression but from actions. 

I wonder what's Alexsi's record for longest "ejected by hammer?"

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 18, 2006, 03:23:50 AM

And if mere threats don't work: "WILDY!  ABEL DOESN'T WANT TO BE MERLITZ!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rowne

Now this is a storyline I'm looking forward to reading.  Just because Dan's had a body change, doesn't mean his mind is any better off for it.  Somehow, I can see this all ending in tears.  Tears, giant swords and much chasing.

Maybe, anyway.

I can't wait to see how the sometimes quite ebil mind of Amber could exploit a situation like this.

I just hope that nobody asks him what he enjoys doing in his spare time, I'm betting he'd almost instinctively reply "Oh, chasing, lusting and generally courting after amazons, the usual guy stu...aaaah.  That is ... crap."

Also, I apologize for not having been around much lately.  I've been up to a lot here RL and when I have had time ... I've been distracted by other things.

Like the new Sam & Max game.  *Sheepish.*

I pledge allegiance to my gun.  Doo-dah~ Doo-dah~!

Zedd

Great saying that Rowne and side note..WHere have ya been Rowne??

ITOS

*applauds Amber*

:paranoid

*sneaks out*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alan Garou

Quote from: ITOS on October 18, 2006, 08:54:36 AM
*applauds Amber*

:paranoid

*sneaks out*
GET HIM! :tighthug

GabrielsThoughts

What if scenario Abel is standing in the tavern as Merlitz....

Reporter: So is it true you've spotted another human since the last time I've spoken with you?

Abel:um right. . . that's why you look familiar. Nervious laugh.

Reporter:well?

Abel: no comment

Reporter: what about rumors of your dating a succubus?

Abel: true.

Reporter: and...

Abel: and what?

Reporter: any advicie for our readers.

Abel: about what.

Reporter: anything.

Abel: Pyroduck is the name of a Dragon who frequents this tavern so any dragonslayer looking to make a name for themselves is free to drop by and- GACK!

Danielle: (hand is covering Abel/merlitz mouth) Don't take anything he says seriously, he's just jelous because Pyrodukie is my boyfriend (Dans eyes glow red at Abel and Danielle speaks with venom) RIGHT!

Abel: CHoking me, Cnt breth

Danielle: right?

Abel: yesh (Dan releases Abel, grabs at his throat) ... hope you like wearing that dress...b**ch.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 18, 2006, 10:28:48 AM
What if scenario Abel is standing in the tavern as Merlitz....

Reporter: So is it true you've spotted another human since the last time I've spoken with you?

Abel:um right. . . that's why you look familiar. Nervious laugh.

Reporter:well?

Abel: no comment

Reporter: what about rumors of your dating a succubus?

Abel: true.

Reporter: and...

Abel: and what?

Reporter: any advicie for our readers.

Abel: about what.

Reporter: anything.

Abel: Pyroduck is the name of a Dragon who frequents this tavern so any dragonslayer looking to make a name for themselves is free to drop by and- GACK!

Danielle: (hand is covering Abel/merlitz mouth) Don't take anything he says seriously, he's just jelous because Pyrodukie is my boyfriend (Dans eyes glow red at Abel and Danielle speaks with venom) RIGHT!

Abel: CHoking me, Cnt breth

Danielle: right?

Abel: yesh (Dan releases Abel, grabs at his throat) ... hope you like wearing that dress...b**ch.

:yeahthat

:laugh :laugh :laugh Oh yes that will be hilarious I think already Amber has something similar set up like that................................

e_voyager

Dan's sister would scare me and i'm not some one that worries about death very often.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Comma on October 18, 2006, 02:42:06 AM
Quote from: Izkata on October 18, 2006, 02:36:44 AM
I can't have been the only one that misread Abel's last line as "Just because you look female doesn't mean I won't hit on you..." the first time.....
You're not alone. :U

Seconded... :P :laugh
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

Thirded. Can't say it was what I hoped for though.

As for Aleksi, she doesn't scare me. But then again, I have a talent, not to mention loads of practice at avoiding such things as pounces, glomps, strangles and blunt force with large objects.

It took me years to develop that talent properly though. *shudders at the memories*

Twist

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 17, 2006, 10:45:59 PM
*whacks FKK with a mouse* No disturbing things until at least the second page!

This brings up yet another question... why does Abel hate the idea so much? It's mentioned on his cast page, but we don't have details...

Quote from: Lomgren
I'm still curious as to why Abel is so reluctant.  I know the "brutal honesty" has been suggested, but that was probably more in jest than anything.  This also makes me wonder if it will be addressed Friday, or in Abel's Story sometime, or if we'll be left guessing.

If I were to speculate, which I am about to do with my first post here I would say it is because of one of his parents is a Cubi, and thus possibly one of the parents we know about is a Cubi in disquise leading an alternate life.

Assumeing a half Cubi child is born Cubi as in Dans case the explaination at the beginning of Ables story of an "adventurers child" falls through.

I would speculate further to say it is Ables mother because of this comic.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_29.php

We know why Able dosen't eat so much, but why woulden't his mother?

This would naturally lead to a distaste for Cubi that decieve others and lead alternate lives.

thetire

I know!!!  it's not so much that he's "being Abel", it's just the person Dan wants him to turn into!  Last I checked, Abel and Pyroduck weren't the best of chums...  :B

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_684.php

I'm so smart.  :U

Reese Tora

Quote from: Zander on October 19, 2006, 01:02:27 AM
I know!!!  it's not so much that he's "being Abel", it's just the person Dan wants him to turn into!  Last I checked, Abel and Pyroduck weren't the best of chums...  :B

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_684.php

I'm so smart.  :U

Only, Dan wants him to turn into Merlitz, not Pyroduck.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Cogidubnus

I think Twist might be on to something there. I mean, one of Abel's parents would have to be a Cubi, yeah? Makes sense as to why he would have a distaste towards changing his form.

Grenn

Aw man, I had missed that one.

Totally makes sense that it's his mom judging by that line. Apparantly she eats just enough to appear as though she needs to.

Brilliant! :)

Unless Amber has a twist in mind. Or maybe she ust wants us to think she has a twist. Or maybe she just... ack!  :erk *brain escapes while doing twists inside head*

e_voyager

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 19, 2006, 01:10:04 AM
I think Twist might be on to something there. I mean, one of Abel's parents would have to be a Cubi, yeah? Makes sense as to why he would have a distaste towards changing his form.

yes it all makes sens but i was more of the effect that the reason he hates changing forms is more personal then appertain. also does anyone notice that Dan follows his sisters mannerism's fairly well.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Twist

Quote from: Grenn on October 19, 2006, 01:25:15 AM
Aw man, I had missed that one.

Totally makes sense that it's his mom judging by that line. Apparantly she eats just enough to appear as though she needs to.

Brilliant! :)

Unless Amber has a twist in mind. Or maybe she ust wants us to think she has a twist. Or maybe she just... ack!  :erk *brain escapes while doing twists inside head*

The food thing seems like an off hand comment, which is where writers normally put the foreshadowing that they don't want you to pick up on (or maybe Im just naturally paranoid and prone to jump to conclusions).  The theory I was proposeing explains the facts we have right now somewhat, but it's not perfect.

For instance, Able's mom for instance yells at him about his "Tattoo".

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_28.php

e_voyager

don't forget the comment about moving in with May's mother

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_21.php

let alone that it was may who asked to move to the demon city

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_19.php

Aridas

Damn, you people gave me an idea now, and I have to keep it secret until we see if it happens or not... But rest assured if it doesn't happen i'll dance with pip.

icarus

maybe this was already covered- sorry for not devotedly digging through the thread, but i'm not feelin so hot and wanted to get the question out there

i'm wondering why abel is so against dressing up as another person. is it just merlitz? he didn't seem to hate the guy , in fact the fight was more playful than anything on abel's part.

just a thought there. maybe we'll find something out about his distaste for masquerades in his backstory?

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that