Violence: 10-18-06

Started by Alan Garou, October 17, 2006, 10:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

It seems chivalry doesn't work for gender-shiftees. Also, Hooray for the Abel-Rant!

Magic

Quote from: Alan Garou on October 17, 2006, 10:26:22 PM
It seems chivalry doesn't work for gender-shiftees.

Not so much that as Abel's hatred for using metamorphosis to be someone he is not.

But unfortunately is similar to.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kenji

This comic was funny, but it didn't give me as much of a laugh as the quote "the little guy is doing well and jangling his toys like nobodies business". >.>

Alondro

*Charles examines*  Hmm.  Yes, Abel and Merlitz do indeed have that in common!  They must be cousins or something!  *speccy spec spec!*   :B  Seriously, he needs ta quit whining and just change already!  It can't hurt nearly as much as Dan's change! 

*Charline quips*  Or Charles' change!

*Charles*  Uhm... I'm not changing..  :erk

*Charline leers evily*  You will be... very soon...  >:3

*Charles*   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DigitalMan

*whacks FKK with a mouse* No disturbing things until at least the second page!

This brings up yet another question... why does Abel hate the idea so much? It's mentioned on his cast page, but we don't have details...

Boog

Mebbe because he spent so much among beings, having to conform to a society that dislikes him, and changing into someone else feels like going back into hiding for him.

Or he's just Abel, and feels like being difficult today. I dunno.

LigerJet

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 17, 2006, 10:45:59 PM
*whacks FKK with a mouse* No disturbing things until at least the second page!

This brings up yet another question... why does Abel hate the idea so much? It's mentioned on his cast page, but we don't have details...

I think part of it has to do with him being "brutally honest."  He has a reputation for that... changing into someone else wouldn't be very honest.

DigitalMan

All are very good points.

I think it's the aspect of being a blunt asshole that makes him so cool.

RynSerenity

"Just because you look like a girl doesn't mean I won't hit you." Hah. I've said that to a few... er, effeminate male friends of mine at school. Abel for the win. :3

PS. Holy jebus on a stick best emoticon ever: :ipod

Roureem Egas

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 17, 2006, 10:33:17 PM
This comic was funny, but it didn't give me as much of a laugh as the quote "the little guy is doing well and jangling his toys like nobodies business". >.>

Seconded. :3

Given the way this is going, I'm gonna guess that Dan's gonna pass Abel off as a stand-in for Merl. On second thought, Dan and Abel scuffling seems more likely. Having the reporters come in makes it even more so. And in some random thought tangent, I see Regina popping in somehow.

Grenn

Eh, maybe he'll get Abel to stand in for Merlitz after all :)

Abel just needs some "convincing".

*cues Wildy to "convince" Abel* :)

Zedd

Im sure he can do Merlitz..That pyrof filled feline

Manawolf

Abel always did strike me as something of a wife beater.

Cogidubnus

Grenn

I donno if this was discussed, but I didn't see it anywhere.

What if..... Biggs kidnapped Alexi because he thought she was Dan. Remember how Biggs never figured out that Dan posed as a female to get into his rom and steal the mallet?

So Biggs still holds a grudge for that (and remembers thinking Dan had sexy legs....) and assumed that Alexi (who looks like dan with ... well.. you know) was the one that double crossed him a while back.

So to get back at Dan, Biggs did all of this thinking that Alexi was Dan. Woah! I was reading Biggs cast profile, saw "never did figure out who Dan was" and it like clicked in my head.

I think I get a cookie  :mowcookie

e_voyager

as for me i was more under the impress that that thread of violence cam form Dan comparing him to merlitz not form the fact that Dan was in a binds and assumed he would help. "well i don't know if you would have to act seeing an that you have the whole merlitz (yadda yadda) down.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

A little from column A, a little from column B, perhaps? :3

Zedd

Im sure everyone has their reason nopt to be merl

e_voyager

he's too intent on himself for me. and his reaction to humans hmm maybe i should introduce his to old man wily
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Blast

Wait, when did humans exist in Furrae?

Zedd

They have...Their more scarse and rarer to find lint in Inks pockets  :intro

Blast

And what, pray tell, were you doing, looking in the good mad doctor's pockets?

;p

Azlan

Quote from: Blast on October 18, 2006, 01:03:12 AM

Sometime before invention of styling moouse me thinks.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lomgren

I'm still curious as to why Abel is so reluctant.  I know the "brutal honesty" has been suggested, but that was probably more in jest than anything.  This also makes me wonder if it will be addressed Friday, or in Abel's Story sometime, or if we'll be left guessing.

And I wonder if Dan(ielle) is able to pull out a big hammer if necessary.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Grenn on October 17, 2006, 11:53:17 PM
What if..... Biggs kidnapped Alexi because he thought she was Dan. Remember how Biggs never figured out that Dan posed as a female to get into his rom and steal the mallet?

So Biggs still holds a grudge for that (and remembers thinking Dan had sexy legs....) and assumed that Alexi (who looks like dan with ... well.. you know) was the one that double crossed him a while back.

So to get back at Dan, Biggs did all of this thinking that Alexi was Dan. Woah! I was reading Biggs cast profile, saw "never did figure out who Dan was" and it like clicked in my head.

I think I get a cookie  :mowcookie

Indeed, a cookie you get. That could very well be it.

Quote from: Blast on October 18, 2006, 01:11:00 AM
And what, pray tell, were you doing, looking in the good mad doctor's pockets?

I'm guessing weapons check. Specifically for needles.

Quote from: Azlan on October 18, 2006, 01:11:36 AM

Sometime before invention of styling moouse me thinks.

I can never get a cameo :< But DM is banned from crossovers anyways, so it's all good.

Aridas

They don't exist in furrae. But if one were to somehow stumble upon furrae in some odd and rare occurence, like a cameo, hilarity ensues.

Jim Halisstrad

You know what would be total pwnage?
If the Comic real Merlitz showed up just in time for this interview.  Bonus points if Able quits being an emo kid and helps the inn out.

*Edit* Can't Resist.... urge......

LOM GREN IS LOM!

Lomgren

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 18, 2006, 01:39:10 AM
You know what would be total pwnage?
If the Comic real Merlitz showed up just in time for this interview.  Bonus points if Able quits being an emo kid and helps the inn out.

*Edit* Can't Resist.... urge......

LOM GREN IS LOM!
Za?  And merr?  Maybe I'm confused from staying up later than I have been recently...

Izkata

I can't have been the only one that misread Abel's last line as "Just because you look female doesn't mean I won't hit on you..." the first time.....

Jim Halisstrad

QuoteZa?  And merr?  Maybe I'm confused from staying up later than I have been recently...
Sorry, obscure internet Meme.
Don't have the exact picture, but the text is Long cat is long.  Sorry for the confusion but I can't  help it.  I produce it as a natural byproduct, in bulk.