Ask the All Purpose Fox, Try!

Started by xHaZxMaTx, October 09, 2006, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Why is it that when you're on the train and it stops after you've been looking out the window, the train seems to be moving backwards when it really isn't?

vulpesweasel

Am I the only one who thinks the new MCR CD (The Black Parade) sound a lot like Queen?

ShadesFox

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 27, 2006, 04:44:51 PM
Why is it that when you're on the train and it stops after you've been looking out the window, the train seems to be moving backwards when it really isn't?

Three factors.  Time compression, inertia, and the eye's quirks in color processing.  While on the train you are going slightly faster in time then normal, and when you go to rest again it seems like time slows down.  Next is inertia, which makes you think that you are still going forwards, and when you look out you get confused, because nothing is moving anymore.  Next is the quirk of color processing.  Some colors will seem of sit in the eye longer then others.  So briefly some of the old colors are still there while others are gone.

Quote from: vulpesweasel on October 27, 2006, 05:03:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the new MCR CD (The Black Parade) sound a lot like Queen?

Not sure, I've not heard it.

The All Purpose Fox

GabrielsThoughts

How do you know the answer to a question, if you haven't heard of the thing relating to the question, without making yourself look silly, while balancing on a bowling ball in the middle of winter, wearing nothing but your birthday suit?

have I mastered the art of the run-on sentance?

why are donkeys obsessed with waffles?

Is my fly open?

where did the time go?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

KarlOmega1

Do you like Transformers? *twitch, twitch*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Nikki

Are you excited for the Eragon movie!?
should i be excited!?
AM I TOO EXCITED!!??

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: ShadesFox on October 28, 2006, 09:20:35 PM

Three factors.  Time compression, inertia, and the eye's quirks in color processing.  While on the train you are going slightly faster in time then normal, and when you go to rest again it seems like time slows down.  Next is inertia, which makes you think that you are still going forwards, and when you look out you get confused, because nothing is moving anymore.  Next is the quirk of color processing.  Some colors will seem of sit in the eye longer then others.  So briefly some of the old colors are still there while others are gone.
Would it be alright if I completely disregarded your explanation?  :(

GabrielsThoughts

Am I clever?

Do I need to take a bath after mud bogging in a salt marsh?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Gabi

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 28, 2006, 11:01:34 PM
How do you know the answer to a question, if you haven't heard of the thing relating to the question, without making yourself look silly, while balancing on a bowling ball in the middle of winter, wearing nothing but your birthday suit?

have I mastered the art of the run-on sentance?

why are donkeys obsessed with waffles?

Is my fly open?

where did the time go?
You ask someone else.

I wouldn't say you have, first of all because there is no such thing as a 'sentance', and secondly because there are multiple ways to extend a sentence for as long as you wish without ceasing to make sense, which is not what you did because the situation you described in your question does not make much sense at all, and because longer sentences have been posted on this forum, for example this one.

They aren't. That's what they want you to believe.

Yes.

To our memories.

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on October 28, 2006, 11:12:39 PM
Do you like Transformers? *twitch, twitch*
They're ok.

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 29, 2006, 12:03:42 AM
Are you excited for the Eragon movie!?
should i be excited!?
AM I TOO EXCITED!!??
No.
There are no rules concerning when someone should or should not be excited. That's up to you.
Yes, you're already using too many exclamation and question marks and writing ALL IN CAPS.

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 29, 2006, 12:38:22 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on October 28, 2006, 09:20:35 PM

Would it be alright if I completely disregarded your explanation?  :(
We provide the answers. What you do with them is your choice.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 29, 2006, 02:10:45 PM
Am I clever?

Do I need to take a bath after mud bogging in a salt marsh?
That's a subjective question. You're certainly cleverer than some people I know, which is not saying much, but you seem to consider yourself cleverer than you're proving to be. For example, asking such a question is not a smart thing to do.

Only if you don't want to act as a human repellant.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

GabrielsThoughts

(((ooc: actualy Sentance is a word used to refer to a death 'sentance' or a sentance hearing, and a sentence is used to refer to sentence structure, I just confused the two momentarily and I appologise.)))

why is the sky blue?

Aridas

Why is "weft suede" the best word(s) ever?

(also, "sentance" isn't in the dictionary. it actually is sentence. The excuse you made up doesn't cut it >.>)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 29, 2006, 04:06:46 PM
(((ooc: actualy Sentance is a word used to refer to a death 'sentance' or a sentance hearing, and a sentence is used to refer to sentence structure, I just confused the two momentarily and I appologise.)))

No, it's not. Not unless you're incapable of spelling, that is. Both uses (death sentence or sentence hearing, or sentence structure) are spelt with two e's and no a.

Just go ask dictionary.com, or dict.org

Why is it that people can't learn to use the spellchecker? :-) (just so I have a question in here :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: Zedd on October 27, 2006, 03:02:56 PM
Is there an IQ in mayo?
Why does the image of Elmira Deevil screach like a chalkboard in peoples minds?
And why does it seem like I am the only one not able to tie those non clipon  ties?

No.
It doesn't. Not most people anyway.
You're not the only one. If it seems like you're the only one, it's because you don't know enough people.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 29, 2006, 04:06:46 PM

why is the sky blue?
As it has been pointed out, the word for that is 'sentence' too.

Because of the sum of the gases that compose it, the space beyond it and the sun's radiation.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 29, 2006, 04:08:45 PM
Why is "weft suede" the best word(s) ever?
Once more, that's subjective. You simply like them. I don't think they're so great.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 29, 2006, 04:13:59 PMWhy is it that people can't learn to use the spellchecker? :-) (just so I have a question in here :-)
Most people can, they're just too lazy to do it.

xHaZxMaTx

Why didn't Borders Book and Music have the sample music for, like, half the music I wanted to get?

bill

Why doesn't Haz go to Barnes and Noble instead?

(This is in no way connected to the fact that I work there. Really)

Zedd

Why does the bible say its okay to stone me if I been really bad and things I am too nice not even do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on October 30, 2006, 06:37:57 AM
Why does the bible say its okay to stone me if I been really bad and things I am too nice not even do?

... Especially, and let me make this completely clear, even if he -does- say Jehovah?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 30, 2006, 08:39:09 AM
Quote from: Zedd on October 30, 2006, 06:37:57 AM

... Especially, and let me make this completely clear, even if he -does- say Jehovah?

*Applauds llearch.* No, I won't stone you.

But please, Zedd, do show me a passage of the Bible (whichever Bible you're referring to) which says it's ok to stone someone.

e_voyager

why do i always guess wrong when dakata is my invisible friend?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Roureem Egas

Quote from: e_voyager on October 30, 2006, 01:19:43 PM
why do i always guess wrong when dakata is my invisible friend?

Because she's tricky like that. :p

Dakata

Why does my mom keep telling me that I should be more like other girls, when they're unintelligent whores? T-T

Why won't I grow? D: Does my body hate me? Or does it like being stupid and midgety? Or both?

Should I feel like a smart draggy if I'm the only one who got 100% on a Social Studies test today? :U It was a Canada map test thing.

How come my Science/Biology teacher and my English teacher LOVE me (not in an icky pedo way), but my Art teacher doesn't like me at all? :/ Usually art teachers LOVEMELOTS and Science and English teachers LOATHE me.

Am I mean if I'm avoiding my cousin? 'Cuz she's one of those darn preppy girls [who never know when to SHUT UP D: ] and she wants me to meet her friends, but I keep thinking that they'll think she's stupid or something because she's related to that "freaky mute kid". :U And I'm not heartless enough to turn her into a friendless "mute" like me.

vulpesweasel

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Dakata on October 30, 2006, 04:41:12 PM
Why does my mom keep telling me that I should be more like other girls, when they're unintelligent whores? T-T

Why won't I grow? D: Does my body hate me? Or does it like being stupid and midgety? Or both?

Should I feel like a smart draggy if I'm the only one who got 100% on a Social Studies test today? :U It was a Canada map test thing.

How come my Science/Biology teacher and my English teacher LOVE me (not in an icky pedo way), but my Art teacher doesn't like me at all? :/ Usually art teachers LOVEMELOTS and Science and English teachers LOATHE me.

Am I mean if I'm avoiding my cousin? 'Cuz she's one of those darn preppy girls [who never know when to SHUT UP D: ] and she wants me to meet her friends, but I keep thinking that they'll think she's stupid or something because she's related to that "freaky mute kid". :U And I'm not heartless enough to turn her into a friendless "mute" like me.

She wants to pimp you off behind your back. :U

Genetics. Diet has some effect, since I hear about immigrant Chinese being short and thin while their children are friggin tall. One of my friends is youger than me by a year, and he's tall.

By all means.

My college tip book says that liking the teachers is more important than liking the subject. Seems besides the point for you though.

Does she know why? It wouldn't be that mean if you explained it to her.

Quote from: vulpesweasel on October 30, 2006, 05:05:13 PM
why is emo used as a slur?

Because we come to associate anyone listening to this music as gothic nihilists with suicidal tendencies, or overly and dramatically emotional. Y'know...the type a write wall of text of leet, displaying the mental maturity of a spolied brat.

bill

RE!!! You just made the 10,000th post in The Arena! How does it feel?

Roureem Egas

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 30, 2006, 07:23:54 PM
RE!!! You just made the 10,000th post in The Arena! How does it feel?

Huh? Oh...I can't believe I didn't notice that. Hmm...

Zedd

Why am I the last one who has to close the door when I go inside?
Will people ever learn from Eric Idle to always look at the bright side?
Does people in this time even play board games anymore?
And does owning a drivers licence really open new doors to a better life?

Gabi

Quote from: Zedd on October 30, 2006, 10:42:48 PM
Why am I the last one who has to close the door when I go inside?
Will people ever learn from Eric Idle to always look at the bright side?
Does people in this time even play board games anymore?
And does owning a drivers licence really open new doors to a better life?
Because you're the last one to go inside.
No. They'll either learn it from experience or not learn it at all.
Yes. I do.
Not a better life exactly, but a slightly more comfortable one whenever you manage to drive to some distant place where you have to go either way.

Tapewolf

Where could I score a user manual for a MK1 TimeLine Lynx synchronizer?  Does anyone know how to configure them to drive a TASCAM TSR-8 transport?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dakata

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 30, 2006, 07:19:45 PM
Quote from: Dakata on October 30, 2006, 04:41:12 PMAm I mean if I'm avoiding my cousin? 'Cuz she's one of those darn preppy girls [who never know when to SHUT UP D: ] and she wants me to meet her friends, but I keep thinking that they'll think she's stupid or something because she's related to that "freaky mute kid". :U And I'm not heartless enough to turn her into a friendless "mute" like me.
Does she know why? It wouldn't be that mean if you explained it to her.
But she's a prep. :V Won't she probably...I dunno...get mad because I don't trust her friends? *Shrug*

Why do teens think it's cool to type in chatspeak? D:

Is it bad if I bite my nails/fingers? :U

Why is my Biology teacher so nice to me? :U Is it 'cuz I'm a good Dakata who does [most of] his/her work? Is it 'cuz I'm a good quiet Dakata? :U

Why do some girls think I'm ADORABLE just because I stutter? :crying And why do they treat me like I'm a bebe?  :crying

bill

What Iron Maiden album should I get?