ITOS

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 14, 2006, 06:54:29 AM
I was already SHOT, what more could you want? D:

A huge fine. :paranoid

[EDIT]
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2006, 06:50:41 AM
Political observation and question:

They are currently in the country/state/realm of Armanasta and heading to the border with Zinvth. Devin and Xander aren't going to cross the border with him.
Does this mean that adventurers are unwelcome in Zinvth in the same way that Creatures are unwelcome in Armanasta?
I think it just means it's out of the scope of the hunt for the creature, and so he won't be a target there.

It's also far away from where Devin and Xander would go if they are hunting the creature so maybe it's not that they aren't welcome, more that they have no reason to go there.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2006, 06:50:41 AM
They are currently in the country/state/realm of Armanasta and heading to the border with Zinvth. Devin and Xander aren't going to cross the border with him.
Does this mean that adventurers are unwelcome in Zinvth in the same way that Creatures are unwelcome in Armanasta?
I think it just means it's out of the scope of the hunt for the creature, and so he won't be a target there.

Yes, I forgot to mention that point.  I'm still curious about how Zinvth 'works' racially, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

Devin isn't Gay for Abel
Devin is Gay For Xander
But Devin is scared of dat
So Devin tries to get Abel Gay for Xander

and I think Xander is just tired and wants to go home to a nice hot bubble bath... that sounds good hey Xander wait up I'll join you

but thats juust my opinion I could be wrong

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was already SHOT, what more could you want? D:

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again." ;-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raskahn

Hmm it just occurred to me that Devin's washing up in the very same creek Abel went pukey in.

RJ

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on October 14, 2006, 11:24:44 AM
Hmm it just occurred to me that Devin's washing up in the very same creek Abel went pukey in.

Too bad for anyone living downstream. o_o

Zedd

Quote from: RJ on October 14, 2006, 11:26:40 AM
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on October 14, 2006, 11:24:44 AM

Too bad for anyone living downstream. o_o

Oyi! Hearing about Rivers and crap make me think that stupid singing bass novity toy

Boog

Yeesh, that's out of the proverbial blue. Would I be right in thinking Devin's not going to know what Abel's talking about, and was under the impression that it was just friendly joking around or something? Or is it some tragic, Devin-specific backstory that can made him be a jerk?

Tiger_T

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 13, 2006, 11:14:49 PM
Wow, how many people called that one?

As a side note, I told you that kind of donation system works well. However, I may have neglected to mention how well... *whistles innocently*
Anyone else can see Amber having to go to a full MO-SU update plan to keep up to speed? :mwaha :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

DigitalMan

Well it's been what, two days? In the middle of the month? Depending on whether it was just one huge spike, or if it stays at that level the rest of the month, she may have to alter the levels for next month. Possibly to $75 or $100 per extra strip. Though I doubt anyone would mind too much, we do need to give her some time to rest, right doods?

And I doubt Devin hates Abel, because Devin is a jerk. Excluding the kind that hates absolutely everything, which Devin appears not to be, jerks don't usually hate the people they harrass. It probably has something to do with fear, or peer pressure, or something to that effect.

RynSerenity

:laugh Hah! I love "huzzavabuwha?" That's close to my response to questions like that. Whoo, this is going to get interesting... can't wait for the next Abel's Story update. :3

Quote from: thegayhare on October 14, 2006, 07:51:24 AM
and I think Xander is just tired and wants to go home to a nice hot bubble bath... that sounds good hey Xander wait up I'll join you

Ooh! Ooh! I wanna come along too! *grabs a towel and runs after them*

KarlOmega1

I'm pretty sure the question Abel asked Devin might have caused the response...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on October 14, 2006, 01:13:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the question Abel asked Devin might have caused the response...

I still say he isn't looking at Abel.

In the first frame he's behind Abel.  Then, we have another shot, this time facing the river and not the bank.  From this angle, Devin is walking left away from Abel, so in the third frame, Abel will be on Devin's right-hand side.
In the left frame, Devin is looking on his left-hand side.

It's possible I may have erred, or spotted a glitch in the compositing which Amber hasn't, but that's why I think Devin is not simply reacting to Abel.

Besides which, "We'll never cross paths again if we're lucky" suggests that Devin does not like Abel.  Unless of course each one thinks the other hates him and the whole thing is a gigantic mistake..

DigitalMan

Hmm... *tries to imagine the key elements into 3D space*

It seems to me that Devin would be on Abel's right side, and thus Abel would be on his left...

Tapewolf

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 14, 2006, 02:09:59 PM
Hmm... *tries to imagine the key elements into 3D space*

It seems to me that Devin would be on Abel's right side, and thus Abel would be on his left...

The key part is that Devin is walking away from Abel.  He has to be, because he was behind him before he started walking.  That means that in the third frame, Abel is on Devin's right-hand side.  Now would work if the last two frames are from Abel's viewpoint, I hadn't considered that since nearly all of DMFA is 'shot' from third-person.

Raskahn

The lack of a speech bubble arrow would suggest that it is from Abel's point of view.

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 14, 2006, 05:38:01 AMLikewise his reaction is wrong for if it was the Creature, so it's probably something clue-like, or an injured survivor or something.
I just thought it was a late reaction to Abel's question...?  :U but I do see how his reaction could indicate he saw something...

Mel Dragonkitty

I don't think it's from Abel's view, I think it is implying that Abel is back on his hands and knees puking again and is too low to be in the shot. Devin, being a jerk, only took one or two steps upstream from Abel, letting the blood wash past him to keep Abel upset. This would also be what triggered the question, it's rather ambiguous as to time-frame (throwing rocks as a child/making him sick as an adult).

I have a small amount of sympathy for Devin, I'm related to a whole lot of guys just like him. They just don't get that their affection is seen as torment. They are so shocked to find out that you aren't having as much fun as they are. They never learn though. So I think his reaction is to finding out that his "amusing jokes" were taken as abuse.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

luiqui

That was actually a pretty clever reply there by Abel. Even if it was fuelled by dispair, it totally sidelined Devin (tell me if I used that word incorrectly). Even if Devin still doesn't get what Abel is feeling, maybe this way he'll find it too weird to make fun of him any more to bother.

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on October 14, 2006, 06:58:33 PM
I have a small amount of sympathy for Devin, I'm related to a whole lot of guys just like him. They just don't get that their affection is seen as torment. They are so shocked to find out that you aren't having as much fun as they are. They never learn though. So I think his reaction is to finding out that his "amusing jokes" were taken as abuse.

They do learn, sometimes. I'm an example.

e_voyager

Quote from: thegayhare on October 14, 2006, 07:51:24 AM
Devin isn't Gay for Abel
Devin is Gay For Xander
But Devin is scared of dat
So Devin tries to get Abel Gay for Xander

but thats juust my opinion I could be wrong

that is well reasoned Hare still i wonder. what made Abel the cubi that he is today? maybe too many women have been sipping on his soul.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

TWINK

bill

ShiningShadow

I think Devin saw something that's why the reaction word it means in simple terms *Huh?* I think there's more here than meets the eye......

DigitalMan

*bets all his chips that it was just what Abel said* I'm not unlearned in the ways of the double-take...

TheGreyRonin

Time will tell, but I'm betting fairly heavily that it was Abel's comment that caused the reaction. Devin seems to be completely self-absorbed in his commentary, enough that it took a few seconds for the comment to process through.

Of course, I've been known to be wrong on occassion...

ShiningShadow

I really think Devin saw something I'm sure of it...............

e_voyager

i'm voting on able comment. i know self absorbed speeches and that is one of the side effects.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

RynSerenity

Quote from: Amber's Rant
...I can't say the same for DAN...who is like evil incarnate to get to draw. I never seem to be able to balance him properly and he ends up looking too goofy or too un-Danlike. *clawhand!*

*points to above*I know exactly what she means. I have a character named Josh, who I can never draw the same way twice. It's infuriating, seeing as he's one of the main characters in my comic. Grr. Argh. :p

And that's all *I* have to say on that. Goin' to bed now.

ShiningShadow

It has to be something that Devin saw why would he say something like that? I know there is something there i'm definetly sure of it...........................