Anyone care to explain this?

Started by TWINK, October 12, 2006, 11:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Random decoration? `lexsi's amazon clan marking? Who knows?

TWINK

I defintely look like -that- but somehow I think it's not.. :B

ShiningShadow

I think is a egyptian glyph to my knowledge...............

Tapewolf

That's the Cyra Clan symbol, is it not?

Alexsi has probably taken Destania's bed, since she has been in Twink Territory for a few years now.
Since Fa'lina knew what happened to Destania it's quite likely that she returned to SAIA briefly just before she married to resign and take her belongings home with her - possibly including the bed.  That would explain the picture of the clan symbol in Dan's room also.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_310.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Well I'm assuming that Alexi took over the master bedroom of the Inn and didn't move the old stuff out, so Edward and Destania's bed would still be there...Hence the Cyra clan marking.

Nuts ninja'd by JP...

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on October 12, 2006, 11:45:26 AM
Well I'm assuming that Alexi took over the master bedroom of the Inn and didn't move the old stuff out, so Edward and Destania's bed would still be there...Hence the Cyra clan marking.

Nuts ninja'd by JP...

I second that :kruger

llearch n'n'daCorna

*I* think it's just the universal symbol for female....

*grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LigerJet

No, it's got some different stuff.  It is the Cyra clan marking.  http://missmab.com/Cast/fi.php Look at Fi's head.
QuoteThe colour and marking on Fi is based on the clan Fi represents.

Although Fi does share your sentiment: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol605.jpg ^^;

thegayhare

so Alexi is sleeping in her parents bed...  the same bed where Dan was concived andfter who knows how many tries...  and then after well they are married...

I hope she washed the sheets

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LigerJet on October 12, 2006, 01:00:02 PM
No, it's got some different stuff.  It is the Cyra clan marking.  http://missmab.com/Cast/fi.php Look at Fi's head.
QuoteThe colour and marking on Fi is based on the clan Fi represents.

Although Fi does share your sentiment: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol605.jpg ^^;

And there goes the airplane joke, over your head. :-)

LigerJet

Sue me, I've never seen the movie. ^^;  I'm sure it's clean.  How long has it been since Edward and Destania have slept in it anyway?

Zedd

Oh it must been decades they must slept in that bed...

ChaoSynergy

BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

(*distributes cookies to those who understand the reference - both in quote origination and reference to this thread/specified comic*)

Zedd

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 12, 2006, 04:55:28 PM
BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

(*distributes cookies to those who understand the reference - both in quote origination and reference to this thread/specified comic*)

I understand your Doctor who logics..So past the Time Lord chips will ya please? :)

DigitalMan

Quote from: Zedd on October 12, 2006, 05:58:05 PM
BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

I understand your Doctor who logics..So past the Time Lord chips will ya please? :)

*ponders* Odd... I remember there being an episode about a werewolf a couple weeks ago... Is that where it's from? >.>

Bloodwish

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 12, 2006, 06:25:11 PM
BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

*ponders* Odd... I remember there being an episode about a werewolf a couple weeks ago... Is that where it's from? >.>

Not without posting heavy spoilers... The Bad Wolf was a slogan that popped up in every episode of Series one (or  at least the 2005 Series) and came to a head in the last episode of that season... the twist being pretty great...

ShiningShadow

I know that reference too I seen enough Dr. Who to know what are they talking about. Hey I got a question there's a line in the original terminator that goes like this *The T-800 series you can't plead with them, bargain with them etc, etc* did those lines came from Dr. Who when the introduction of the Darleks. Or later on the series if you guys know then put the lines on here word for word please just get back to me so I could sleep better at night...................

RynSerenity

BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

Likewise. Time Lord chips for me, too...?  :3

Zedd

Quote from: Ryn Serenity on October 14, 2006, 01:16:47 PM
BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

I didnt know you was a Doctor who fan as well Ryn

GabrielsThoughts

OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Don't you people Read the Comic anymore?

Alexi Kicked dan out of his room and forced him to live in the basement. Alexi then gave Dans room to Pyroduck... Now tell me who's room she's in, and who she's been sleeping with before I smack you over the head with a newspaper.

Although this does bring up the possibility of Dan and Alexi being fraternal twins, or even Alexi being Destina's Daughter who was born lacking Cubi genetics.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2006, 01:27:42 PM
OH, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! Don't you people Read the Comic anymore?

Alexi Kicked dan out of his room and forced him to live in the basement. Alexi then gave Dans room to Pyroduck... Now tell me who's room she's in, and who she's been sleeping with before I smack you over the head with a newspaper.

She will have taken the master bedroom, the bed is Destanias.  This is before Pyro asked her out, let alone went to bed with her, if that has even happened - I'm not sure they've even had their date yet :P

Sex-before-marriage is one thing, sex-before-date is called 'rape' >:-)

QuoteAlthough this does bring up the possibility of Dan and Alexi being fraternal twins, or even Alexi being Destina's Daughter who was born lacking Cubi genetics.

I'm sorry, but for someone who was protesting about others not reading the comic, you fail :twisted
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_306.php

**EDIT**
Third flipflop - I disagree with Gabriel again :P

GabrielsThoughts

Hey JP/ tapewolf,  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_091.php  this Earlier comic trumps your  "This is before Pyro asked her out" nonsense. This proves they were roommates for 600 strips before the current timeline... With  Pyro being a noble dragon, and Alexi being an innocent maden. Pyro  may have switched rooms with Alexi because she couldn't sleep with all the racket Dan and the rats were making down stairs. As evidenced by this strip http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_194.php

While arguably a guest strip, this random act of kindness  may have kindled the relationship between the two. As for my comment that Alexi was  Destina's daughter I would like to point out  I wasn't actually being Serious, much like when I thought that Pyro was in reality a deckchair or a lightbulb. Being English(?) I'm sure your familiar with sarcasm.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2006, 03:47:10 PM
Hey JP/ tapewolf,  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_091.php  this Earlier comic trumps your  "This is before Pyro asked her out" nonsense. This proves they were roommates for 600 strips before the current timeline...

I respectfully disagree.*  It only proves that Dan was given a room in the basement.  Nowhere does it say that Pyroduck is sleeping with Alexsi, or disprove the theory that 'lex has the master bedroom.  Neither does it imply any kind of relationship (other than landlady-tenant) between 'lex and Pyro prior to his asking her out in #556, insofar as I can see.

QuoteWith Pyro being a noble dragon, and Alexi being an innocent maden. Pyro  may have switched rooms with Alexi because she couldn't sleep with all the racket Dan and the rats were making down stairs. As evidenced by this strip http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_194.php

While arguably a guest strip, this random act of kindness  may have kindled the relationship between the two.

Ohhhh.. it makes sense now!

QuoteAs for my comment that Alexi was  Destina's daughter I would like to point out  I wasn't actually being Serious, much like when I thought that Pyro was in reality a deckchair or a lightbulb. Being English(?) I'm sure your familiar with sarcasm.

They say it's the lowest form of wit (and the highest form of entertainment). 
Dammit Gabriel, now you've scared my Muse away  >(

*Hint: if someone accuses me of not reading the comic, there will be a reaction

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 14, 2006, 03:47:10 PM
Hey JP/ tapewolf,  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_091.php  this Earlier comic trumps your  "This is before Pyro asked her out" nonsense. This proves they were roommates for 600 strips before the current timeline...

Doesn't prove anything of the sort. It proves that Alexsi gave Dan's room to Pyro.

You don't expect Alexsi and Dan to be sharing a room, do you?

ChaoSynergy

BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

Quote from: Ryn Serenity on October 14, 2006, 01:16:47 PM
BAD WOLF....BAD WOLF....

Nyeh...you correctly recoginized the TV Show reference...but didn't say anything about how it was having reference to the comic :\

*flings TimeChips everywhere*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Chaos: that would be the "Bad Touch" episode, way back when, with Biggs and Dan. Did you want a reference?

ShiningShadow

But when did the Alexsi and Pyro romance happened?

ChaoSynergy

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 14, 2006, 08:30:25 PM
Chaos: that would be the "Bad Touch" episode, way back when, with Biggs and Dan. Did you want a reference?

Actually, I was more reffering to the fact that this symbol is DMFA's "Bad Wolf" - something which is sneaked in, and seems inconspicuous, until it's all revealed to be some massive plot device at the end.

ShiningShadow

But does that plot device said for the entire strip?