National Coming Out Day

Started by Poofyspikes, October 11, 2006, 11:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LigerJet

Liqui: Hm...either I'm a rather simple man...or maybe you should just relax, calm down a little, and try to think things through in simple terms...simplify. ^^; No offense.

King Of Hearts

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 14, 2006, 10:21:02 PM
My cousin who's bisexual kissed me on the cheek earlier today. :lol  It wasn't akward or anything, though, since I really don't care. :P

Its your cousin it shouldnt count. Its like kissing your granma, for me it is anyway.

I can kiss my cousin on the lips, she always did that when we were kids and I thought that was normal, One day she visited me in school and kissed me. My classmates asked me who she was then recoiled when I told them she was my cousin.

Zedd

Quote from: King Of Hearts on October 15, 2006, 02:20:13 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 14, 2006, 10:21:02 PM
My cousin who's bisexual kissed me on the cheek earlier today. :lol  It wasn't akward or anything, though, since I really don't care. :P

Its your cousin it shouldnt count. Its like kissing your granma, for me it is anyway.

I can kiss my cousin on the lips, she always did that when we were kids and I thought that was normal, One day she visited me in school and kissed me. My classmates asked me who she was then recoiled when I told them she was my cousin.

Dont worrys peeps...I kissed my cousin Alex when I and him was a sprout..

luiqui

Quote from: LigerJet on October 15, 2006, 12:13:31 AM
Liqui: Hm...either I'm a rather simple man...or maybe you should just relax, calm down a little, and try to think things through in simple terms...simplify. ^^; No offense.

Never!

I shall not rest until I'm bi-a-double-auto-ultrasexual!

Alondro

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 14, 2006, 11:46:59 PM
I'm a bit more wary of bisexuals than gays. In my experience, they tend to cause pain... lots and lots and lots and lots of pain...

Uhm... not gonna inquire about how they cause all that pain...  D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Slavkei

I'm a bit more wary of bisexuals than gays. In my experience, they tend to cause pain... lots and lots and lots and lots of pain...

JUDGEMENTAL MUCH?

DigitalMan

Quote from: Slavkei on October 16, 2006, 02:44:25 AM

JUDGEMENTAL MUCH?

Fair enough, I suppose the unfaithful aspect of my girlfriend would have remained regardless of her sexual preference...

But really, there's a lot of stress just worrying about people your own gender stealing your mate. Can you imagine the stress involved when your mate could potentially leave you for nearly every person they come into contact with? It's a heavy weight, and it gets to the point where you don't even feel like saying "I told you so" when it really happens.

So I guess I really don't have anything against bisexuals... just unfaithfulness. *brings out a random sharp object* Destroy...

Slavkei

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 16, 2006, 02:58:29 AM
Quote from: Slavkei on October 16, 2006, 02:44:25 AM

JUDGEMENTAL MUCH?

Fair enough, I suppose the unfaithful aspect of my girlfriend would have remained regardless of her sexual preference...

But really, there's a lot of stress just worrying about people your own gender stealing your mate. Can you imagine the stress involved when your mate could potentially leave you for nearly every person they come into contact with? It's a heavy weight, and it gets to the point where you don't even feel like saying "I told you so" when it really happens.

So I guess I really don't have anything against bisexuals... just unfaithfulness. *brings out a random sharp object* Destroy...

Exactly. Someone who is likely to cheat will cheat whether they are straight, gay, bi, or amoebasexual. Just because they're bi doesn't make them more likely to cheat. A straight person will just as easily find someone of the opposite sex to fornicate wildly with as a bisexual person will find someone of either gender to fornicate wildly with. Dont' blame it on bisexuality, blame it on the person in question being a butthole.

RJ

It seems you went through something quite upsetting there, DigitalMan. Knowing someone is unfaithful to you is sad since you can no longer trust them like you wish you could.

But Slav's right- it's not something you should generalise based on an experience like that. Blame the individual for what they've decided to do, not the group they happen to be in.

DigitalMan

True, true. Really I have more gay and bisexual friends than straight ones. Perhaps that event just rattled something loose... Oh well, enough of my whining. That's what DA journal space is for.

As long as they're faithful, I have no problem with anyone preferring any gender.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on October 16, 2006, 03:34:37 AM
But Slav's right- it's not something you should generalise based on an experience like that. Blame the individual for what they've decided to do, not the group they happen to be in.

The problem is not the group they're in, but which group you've selected them as part of.

In this case, they're part of the group "bi" and part of the group "unfaithful", and you're confusing the two groups. Or, at least, you were, until this thread :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

RJ

I'm starting to think I'm not very good at explaining things... >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on October 16, 2006, 07:28:15 AM
I'm starting to think I'm not very good at explaining things... >.>

Oh, you were excellent. I just felt the need to say basically the same thing in a slightly different way. :-/

Sorry about that...

RJ

No, no, it's okay. Actually, it's quite surprising because if you ever tried to hear me explain something when I'm speaking, you'd probably get lost within a second...  :laugh

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, I doubt that. :-)

Not least, I grew up with 7 siblings, and running three or four concurrent conversations is something I've had a lot of practice at... I recall at least once or twice confusing others because myself and my oldest brother were having three independant conversations at the same time... :-)