10/11/06 - Ceci N'est Pas un Title

Started by bill, October 10, 2006, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderstep

The problem in all this is that Dan HAVE to use magic because he doesn't have the time to dye either his fur or hair. But I agree witht he fact that with everything he did with his wings, he won't have any trouble hidding them... but again, it's up to Amber in the end.

Arcalane

Quote from: Miaka on October 11, 2006, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on October 11, 2006, 07:32:17 PM
I dunno, I think Abel looks fairly tomboyish and freckly right now. It's probably just the combination of fringe and spotty markings though.

Cute-ish, but not the sort of person you'd want to grope because they'd probably kick you where it counts. And not just because Abel is really a guy under all that. (Or is he? We never really got to see because Fa`Lina interrupted!)
butbutbut.... the tomboys are the best kind!

'm not saying there's anything wrong[/i] with 'em, I'm just saying Abel looks tomboyish. ;)

Boog

Quote from: Rowne on October 11, 2006, 08:31:38 PM
As far as the breasts are concerned, my reaction would've been as follows: "You can use magic to create fake knockers?  That's a nifty trick.  Great at parties.  But the real question is; can you make balloon animals out of them?"
Do you mean making balloon animals out of magic, or making balloon animals out of magically-crafted jigglies? Because either would have vast entertainment value.

On a side note, the hair really is a cool shade of blue.

Grenn

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 11, 2006, 02:04:55 AM
Quote from: Grenn on October 11, 2006, 12:49:21 AM
And I too hate to admit it... but I surprisingly got through this topic without flinching... I am now worried  :help
Coming from the guy with a nekked Dan in his sig...

Yup! Nekkid Dan is much less traumatic on the eyes then manbewbs Abel :p That, and the whole milk discussion :lol

Of course, the OMGWTF in my sig has to be my favorite wallpaper war moment of all time. :)  :mowhappy

DigitalMan

*ponders* Hey... couldn't they just use the Warp-Aci to bring Alexsi back in an instant? Not that it'd be remotely insane enough for this comic...

Psaakyrn

Not really because warp-aci needs activation time, and there're likely guards.

What would be more ackward though, is if Destinia or Edward were to make a impromptu visit during the inspection, and recognise Abel and/or Pyroduck in the process. (no matter how they decide to disguise themselves as Alexsi and Merlitz, it's gonna turn out ackward..)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

ITOS

I'm not sure of how Warp-Aci work but wouldn't Fi need to know where to go? So you don't end up 5 meters above ground or inside someone's house or something? :S
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Arcalane

Quote from: ITOS on October 12, 2006, 10:14:35 AM
I'm not sure of how Warp-Aci work but wouldn't Fi need to know where to go? So you don't end up 5 meters above ground or inside someone's house or something? :S

It would seem so, because Fi had to be snailmailed, disguised as a letter, to Dan's house in order to drag him back to SAIA.

ShiningShadow

At this point in time the laught riot continues  :laugh :laugh. Anywho I think the only way that Dan will go back to train is that he is not going back..................

TWINK

Quote from: Grenn on October 11, 2006, 10:56:40 PM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 11, 2006, 02:04:55 AM
Quote from: Grenn on October 11, 2006, 12:49:21 AM
And I too hate to admit it... but I surprisingly got through this topic without flinching... I am now worried  :help
Coming from the guy with a nekked Dan in his sig...

Yup! Nekkid Dan is much less traumatic on the eyes then manbewbs Abel :p That, and the whole milk discussion :lol

Of course, the OMGWTF in my sig has to be my favorite wallpaper war moment of all time. :)  :mowhappy

*amen*

ShiningShadow

I could be worse naked Dan with the Boobs and doing that milkshake dance *shudders*

TWINK

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 12, 2006, 11:51:58 AM
I could be worse naked Dan with the Boobs and doing that milkshake dance *shudders*

NOOOOOOOOO~~

But anyway.
Where did the Abel Boobies go?

terrycloth

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 11, 2006, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on October 11, 2006, 02:53:58 PM
Alter self, when you just have to fit the part, and no one has bothered to activate true seeing.
Does true seeing show the true original form when the body has been physically changed (rather than using illusions)? If so, that would make the true sight an illusion overlaying the actual current form.

True seeing does see through alteration magic in addition to illusion. It also sees werewolves for what they are no matter what form they're currently in.

It's not that it creates an illusion overlaying the actual current form, though -- it lets you see *reality* as unaltered by ongoing magic. What non-instantaneous magic does isn't exactly real.

LigerJet

Where do people get all this background info on DMFA? o_O

Sid

Quote from: LigerJet on October 12, 2006, 03:05:12 PM
Where do people get all this background info on DMFA? o_O

Comic archives + age-old discussion threads + a few explanation snippets from Amber + wild extrapolation + guessing

At least that's my quick theory. I might've missed a few things, though ;)
:boogie

Zedd

Not to mention try to understand the working minds of Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now -there's- a recipe for trouble :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

Quote from: Zedd on October 12, 2006, 03:10:10 PM
Not to mention try to understand the working minds of Amber

Like I said: "wild extrapolation + guessing" ;) *hides in a bunker*
:boogie

Tapewolf

Is this 'True Seeing' business something that's been discussed in the context of DMFA before, or are people just taking the D&D spell (which I know very little about) and assuming that DMFA has it too?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

terrycloth

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 12, 2006, 03:40:52 PM
Is this 'True Seeing' business something that's been discussed in the context of DMFA before, or are people just taking the D&D spell (which I know very little about) and assuming that DMFA has it too?

No, neither?

Someone started talking about 'Alter Self', which is a D+D spell that does sort of the same thing that Abel just did.

LigerJet

Mmm...mebbe we should have a sticky about all this background information.  I've never played D&D myself.

bill

It's not really background info. These threads tend to dig waaaay deeply into the storyline. Doubly so for Abel's Story.

LigerJet

So it's like somebody reading into the lines into something that's not really there?

bill

Don't tell them that, you'll get hurt.  :P

It's all in good fun, anyway.

DigitalMan

*ponders* Hmm... On a D&D-DMFA note, what powers the magics in DMFA? Do they use mana and such? o.O

ChaosTiger

:yeahthat good question, how do they use magic? o_0

Arcalane

Roureem Egas

Really now? My psych teacher said a good way to learn was to wave your hand and say just four syllables.

"Haha, I win!" :P

ChaosTiger

Warning: user is bored and may seem very random.

let the speculation begin! perhaps it is a power that comes from within, and is drawn out by thought when needed?

DigitalMan

Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 12, 2006, 10:37:11 PM
Warning: user is bored and may seem very random.

let the speculation begin! perhaps it is a power that comes from within, and is drawn out by thought when needed?

But dood, that's my magic system D:

*ponders and tries to figure out how Amber's brain works* Hmm... I'll bet it involves telepathic chickens somehow... and no, I'm not joking o_o;