10/11/06 - Ceci N'est Pas un Title

Started by bill, October 10, 2006, 09:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ

*asplodes*

Clean up in aisle 6- we've got another one!

DigitalMan

... however, as has been mentioned, I expect that there will be others who will ignore this and insert their own interpretation. (Read: pr0n.)

PR0000N!

... Wait, Abel pr0n... Amber's got me all confused now ;_; Evil, so evil...

*scoots away from anyone unfazed by the comic and/or topic*

Madd the Sane

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 10, 2006, 10:38:27 PM
Hey, I just realised something...  Now all the female peeps can be gay for Abel, too! xD
I worry about you  :< 

Yeah, because I have been staying up too late (1 A.M., sometimes later  :mowdizzy) It took me a bit of reading to understand what was going on.  I just recognized that Abel changed hair color and maybe breasts. speaking of which, I need to finis an overdue homework assignment and it's already 11P.M.!  Stupid Aspergers...
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Saist

somebody take my eyes. I'm pretty sure I no longer want them.

edit... : I'm not really sure what hurt my brain more... today's comic... or this : http://devilspanties.keenspot.com/kilts.html

Zedd

Sides....Thats just least worse of Ambers chaos has for us all..

Reese Tora

Quote from: je.saist on October 11, 2006, 01:28:04 AM

edit... : I'm not really sure what hurt my brain more... today's comic... or this : http://devilspanties.keenspot.com/kilts.html

I recognize those kilt designs :O

I followed this link to an online store for them.  They have a snap in the middle at the bottom edge to keep them from blowing up when there's strong wind... or something else indecent.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Saist

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 11, 2006, 01:32:27 AM

I followed this link to an online store for them.  They have a snap in the middle at the bottom edge to keep them from blowing up when there's strong wind... or something else indecent.

I think Jennie with a leaf blower qualifies...

Zedd

Quote from: je.saist on October 11, 2006, 01:34:21 AM
Quote from: Reese Tora on October 11, 2006, 01:32:27 AM

I think Jennie with a leaf blower qualifies...

*uses super leaf blower on Je's kilt* X3

Saist

Quote*uses super leaf blower on Je's kilt* X3

I ain't wearing no kilt! I'm wearing... mage's... robes... which....

* je.saist suddenly turns beat red as the mages cloak bares all

* je.saist scampers away from the leaf blower

AmigaDragon

It took me a couple read-throughs to make the connection between "adjust body mass" and "I always forget the shirts". At least now Abel's chest color pattern matches up with his "adjusted" mass(es).  ;)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Grenn on October 11, 2006, 12:49:21 AM
And I too hate to admit it... but I surprisingly got through this topic without flinching... I am now worried  :help
Coming from the guy with a nekked Dan in his sig...

Taross

Hmm... Blue doesn't seem to be Abels colour I think... At least for hair.

mini-lion

*wants to die hair blue for the sake of it*

e_voyager

Quote from: Ink on October 10, 2006, 10:41:09 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 10, 2006, 10:22:35 PMDid Abel give himself manboobs or femmeboobs? Which is it?!

Technically, they're femmeboobs in every way. But they still don't work (e.g. lactate) -- that requires -permanent- magic, not just simple metamorphosis.

ink there have been cases of males lactating without magic. more of then didn't have large boobs and a couple had around  3 or 4 nipples but that's a different medical condition.
Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 11, 2006, 12:16:15 AM
It is probably some form of irony that only with the addition of word bubbles that it then implies there is something there to be hidden.

it's a time honored tradition Amber the illusion of something being covered is more tempting the the image of it raw. is has something to the with the allure of the mystery.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Urrrr... I totally missed it on first read.

Anyway, as I believe I mentioned, Dan can do a passable job without magic.  All he really needs to learn from Abel is hiding his backwings, which appears to be pretty easy if the headwings are anything to go by.  Pretty much everything else can be done with fur dye and rolled-up towels or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

I can't blame dan for being horrified... a person with a male face and boobs does sound weird

and even if to learn that he usually needs month, Dan can do it, like, master Kame claims he needed 50 years to learn the Kame-Hame-Ha while both Goku and Kiririn learned in the first try  :mowdan

besides... if things go critical, Jy could likely be able to fo an Alexsi patch in a snap
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Sid

Okay, the day started completely crappy (and that state of crappiness will last for 24 hours, after which things might get even crappier), but THIS made grin.

Silly note: Abel's mid-change hair is awesome.
:boogie

MT Hazard

Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 10, 2006, 09:48:21 PM
Not to nitpick or anything, but it seems that Abel failed to remember to shift his facial features into something more feminine.  Which would further explain why Dan is all "MEIN EYEZ!  ZEY BURN!".

In other news, bewbs.

Both Abel and Dan have been misstaken for women before with their normal faces. Remember Abel's 'Think of the readers!' bit and Dan's club fight? Maybe its just them or maybe a lot of cubi males look androgynous, like Ted in El Gonnish Shive. Must be a pan to go though like like that, being labeled a 'pretty boy' or worse.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ShiningShadow

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 11, 2006, 06:00:19 AM
Quote from: ChaoSynergy on October 10, 2006, 09:48:21 PM
Not to nitpick or anything, but it seems that Abel failed to remember to shift his facial features into something more feminine.  Which would further explain why Dan is all "MEIN EYEZ!  ZEY BURN!".

In other news, bewbs.

Both Abel and Dan have been misstaken for women before with their normal faces. Remember Abel's 'Think of the readers!' bit and Dan's club fight? Maybe its just them or maybe a lot of cubi males look androgynous, like Ted in El Gonnish Shive. Must be a pan to go though like like that, being labeled a 'pretty boy' or worse.

But dont forget the mall which Dan and Abel was there ohhh man crazyness. And I bet you Abel shifted to both forms of male and female for the person who paid him cash Remember? Anywho I think it's like those Muscular women that's why Dan is freaking out in the mirrior imagine your head on a muscular female bodybuilder *shudders*............

Prof B Hunnydew

:mowsad

But I like Pretty Boys ...Bishies ... especially If they can turn into Girls.  Woot!

girls boobs or man-boobs,  They are BOOBS, the nips are just the cherry on top. Now I must be going...

Lust mode on/
* goes chasing Abel and Hir body*

:mowcookie
PBH

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on October 11, 2006, 07:24:54 AM
:mowsad

But I like Pretty Boys ...Bishies ... especially If they can turn into Girls.  Woot!

girls boobs or man-boobs,  They are BOOBS, the nips are just the cherry on top. Now I must be going...

Lust mode on/
* goes chasing Abel and Hir body*

:mowcookie
PBH

Hmmm didn't know you like that here have a cookie :mowcookie :erk Okay my brain freezed for a second what was the topic again?

Taross

Quote from: e_voyager on October 11, 2006, 03:04:03 AM
Quote from: Ink on October 10, 2006, 10:41:09 PM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 10, 2006, 10:22:35 PMDid Abel give himself manboobs or femmeboobs? Which is it?!

Technically, they're femmeboobs in every way. But they still don't work (e.g. lactate) -- that requires -permanent- magic, not just simple metamorphosis.

ink there have been cases of males lactating without magic. more of then didn't have large boobs and a couple had around  3 or 4 nipples but that's a different medical condition.
Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 11, 2006, 12:16:15 AM
It is probably some form of irony that only with the addition of word bubbles that it then implies there is something there to be hidden.

it's a time honored tradition Amber the illusion of something being covered is more tempting the the image of it raw. is has something to the with the allure of the mystery.

Hmmm... So you're saying that if you look at the last panel with Abel seen from the side in it, his chest always jutted out from his collarbone the way it does there? :p

Arcalane

I'm starting to think Abel will be the one being Alexsi and Dan will end up being Merlitz. :laugh

Which, if you think about it, is fairly logical. Dan has known Merl for longer, and is not as experienced as Abel at shapeshifting. Method to the madness? Perhaps.

Dan only has to change colouration, reshape body mass a -little- (unlike Abel's ample demonstration) and hide all wings. Simple enough, compared to what Abel listed off. It's still three out of three, but I don't think Dan will have any problem with wings (seeing as he did once make them into Pac-Men) and minor body-mass modifications should be simple enough. Otherwise, the only problem is changing hair & fur colour. :P

On another note;

The fanbois will go wild.

~~

I agree that the hair colour doesn't match Abel.

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Sid

Quote from: Sheridan on October 11, 2006, 08:48:44 AM
I'm starting to think Abel will be the one being Alexsi and Dan will end up being Merlitz. :laugh

Which, if you think about it, is fairly logical. Dan has known Merl for longer, and is not as experienced as Abel at shapeshifting. Method to the madness? Perhaps.

I'd argue that Dan has known his own sister before having met Merlitz (and that Abel had met Merlitz before Alexsi). ;)
However, the shapeshifting part would be true. On the other hand, Abel would have trouble actually playing Alexsi's part. He has proven to be a bit out of touch with quite a few non-SAIA concepts (like digicams and beings in general)...
:boogie

Lomgren

Well, I figured out what was going on with Abel in the first read-through.  Then again, I also read El Goonish Shive, so it wasn't hard to figure that out.  :)

The changing sequences are interesting, especially seeing Abel's hair mid-change.  The wings... not much to say about them.  Not much going on there.  And the... body-mass redistribution... poor Dan.

And I'm not sure who would end up masquerading as who.  Abel doesn't know either of them well at all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on October 11, 2006, 10:00:58 AM
Quote from: Sheridan on October 11, 2006, 08:48:44 AM
I'm starting to think Abel will be the one being Alexsi and Dan will end up being Merlitz.

I'd argue that Dan has known his own sister before having met Merlitz (and that Abel had met Merlitz before Alexsi). ;)
However, the shapeshifting part would be true. On the other hand, Abel would have trouble actually playing Alexsi's part. He has proven to be a bit out of touch with quite a few non-SAIA concepts (like digicams and beings in general)...

Indeed.  There are a number of snags.  Dan and Alexsi are both the same (leonine) species and fur colour, Merlitz is some kind of tiger/cheetah hybrid and structually different.  To become Merlitz Dan would have to hide his wings, replicate the base fur colour and patterning, change the shape of his skull, tail and so forth.  Whereas to become Alexsi he simply has to dye his hair, hide his wings and shove something down his front.

And as you mention, Abel is 375 years or so behind the times and has met Alexsi twice.  He also doesn't know where anything is in the inn - Dan has covered running it for Alexsi on at least once occasion (#31).  Alexsi will be doing all the talking - Merlitz just has to stay quiet and speak when he's spoken to.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

skwerly

Quote from: Amber
Truthfully, the original image without the word-bubble isn't all that revealing. (it's similar to Abel's chest only more...full.)  It's actually similar to Matilda's chest only fluffy.

Great!  So PaiGon won't mind if you reveal (heh) the wordbubbleless version of the strip (heh), right? :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

*reads comic*

Now all we need is Jyrras to come running in. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by: