Wallpaper Wars

Started by Forgotten, October 08, 2006, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber -needs- ideas?

I mean, after the pirates/ninja's one, with both sides ending up knifing each other in the back or whatever(0), the tag team one,  the Wildy/Jyrras one...

There's all sorts of wierd things going on there. How on earth are we poor, unworthy folk to suggest anything of this caliber, or even close? Heck, suggesting that Kria or Regina could perhaps show up, or Dark Pegasus.... that's far too simple, and we'd have to come up with something useful for it, like, say, something fanservicey - perhaps a mudwrestle or something.... :-)

(0) yes, I know it was stars versus pain, but grant me a little artistic licence, here :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Oh I -have- ideas just fine.  But there is something nice about a bit of feedback and interraction.  Once I finish Mab and Matilda's paper, the most likely war will be some form of groupshot to replace the oldest wallpapers on the download page.  Possibly a guy vs girl, but I would more than likely pick some sort of theme for each team.

The trick is to pick an idea that isn't going to massively landslide one side.

Aridas

You know that never works >:p *uses the previous wars as an example* ...Well, maybe that one time.

DigitalMan

Ahh, well good. In that case you couldn't possibly have the newer group shot be DMFA characters dressed up as Rocky Horror Picture Show characters.

... Wait...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Amber Williams

Pretty much. As much as I like RHPS, its a lousy theme for a wallpaper war.  There are plenty of people who really dislike it, and then there are even more who have never seen it or don't know about it.  I learned after the FF7/DDR war that wars tend to work better if it isn't something that is very inside-knowledge or obscure.

That and there would be the issue of what would be competing against it.  Unless its an equally cult-classiclike thing, odds are anything would easily landslide it simply because people know more about the other and want a wallpaper they are familiar with.

DigitalMan

Good, because that would be so very frightening and horrifying and mind-scarring... Partially because I'm not sure who you'd use as the transvestite...

And I'm using the DDR wallpaper  D: Come to think of it, it's your fault that I got interested in DDR to begin with...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Trek versus Wars wouldn't work all that well, then.... *grin*

... even if you treat both with your usual tongue-in-cheek, both-are-being-idiots way, which we all know and love :-)

Jim Halisstrad

Killer Clowns from Outer Space Vs Redneck Zombies.

Think about the possibilities.

Alondro

*Charles has the best theme war ever!*  Killer Klowns vs Howard the Duck. 

*Charline smiles sweetly in Pyroduck's direction*  I wonder who'd be the title character if the latter won?   >:3

*Alondro erks*  My god... it could actually work:  adapted, the war becomes Killer Cubi from Outer Space vs.  Pyro the Duck!  *shudders*  The horror... the horror...  D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Killer Klows from Space was a weridest B film I ever seen...SPecialy the weak spot was their big honkin' nose that smashed like glass

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 10, 2006, 06:43:40 PM
Oh I -have- ideas just fine.  But there is something nice about a bit of feedback and interraction.  Once I finish Mab and Matilda's paper, the most likely war will be some form of groupshot to replace the oldest wallpapers on the download page.  Possibly a guy vs girl, but I would more than likely pick some sort of theme for each team.

The trick is to pick an idea that isn't going to massively landslide one side.

Guys vs. Girls beach volley ball, and reversible so you can choose which side is covered by all your icons and which side is free to be ogled. >:3

--edit--

Oh, wait, you meant one guy vs. one girl, huh?

*Still likes his idea, it could be paired off against a SAIA faculty picnic.*
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Supercheese

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 10, 2006, 07:11:49 PM
And I'm using the DDR wallpaper  D: Come to think of it, it's your fault that I got interested in DDR to begin with...

DDR > everything. I myself used the wallpaper for several months. I wanted to update it with an ITG background, though...

There needs to be a DDR-style theme song for DMFA, then I can put steps to it. No offence to Tapewolf, but his renditions aren't DDR-able.

skwerly

Okay, here's a random thought.  Jyrras's sisters giving names and background info about themselves and/or Jyrras.  With six of 'em that'd give a two or even three month war to play with.  No idea what they'd be warring over, though.  Pizza toppings is a given, but that wouldn't make for a good wallpaper.

Thought #2: The extended war would give Ms Amber time to catch up on current projects.

Thought #3: Maybe update the war on a Sun/Tue/Thur schedule?  Then we'd have new content daily.

[edited for new random thoughts]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on October 11, 2006, 12:59:55 AM
There needs to be a DDR-style theme song for DMFA, then I can put steps to it. No offence to Tapewolf, but his renditions aren't DDR-able.

How about 'cubi fight?  Probably a bit too short (although it's not bad run at 85% speed)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

There's always the rest of the 'Wizard of Oz'-WW to complete. ;)

How 'bout Santa+Reindeer
The war determines who of the cast it will show and which gender will be disguised as which.

Interesting idea:
Give each side 10 choices (a twenty-character variety should appeal to everyone) and assign a number (last digit of the respective donations (whole $ only, of course)) to each choice.

The final count(s last digit) will determine the character on each side and the winning side will be Santa. - Something along those lines.

*hopes that implying a WW for ?November? or ?December? isn't seen as an offense, as it isn't thought to be one*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Tiger_T on October 11, 2006, 02:23:53 PM
There's always the rest of the 'Wizard of Oz'-WW to complete. ;)

How 'bout Santa+Reindeer
The war determines who of the cast it will show and which gender will be disguised as which.

Interesting idea:
Give each side 10 choices (a twenty-character variety should appeal to everyone) and assign a number (last digit of the respective donations (whole $ only, of course)) to each choice.

The final count(s last digit) will determine the character on each side and the winning side will be Santa. - Something along those lines.

*hopes that implying a WW for ?November? or ?December? isn't seen as an offense, as it isn't thought to be one*

What about a transformers WW, Dan as OP (Optimus Prime) and whoever as Megatron ...winner will have the side they're cosplaying be drawn as a furrae version of them...no, wait...that would be one for July 2007 (yes, I'm implying about the live-action movie coming out that month)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Tiger_T

Not everyone knows much of transformers, mind you. :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Tiger_T on October 11, 2006, 02:41:06 PM
Not everyone knows much of transformers, mind you. :P

ow well..was just a suggestion anyways... :laugh
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

skwerly

I'll support any suggestion that gives us another chance to see Fa'Lina's dance number.

Zedd

No you dont want to see that poodle dance...No..You will catch aflame

Supercheese

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 11, 2006, 11:06:35 AM
Quote from: Supercheese on October 11, 2006, 12:59:55 AM

How about 'cubi fight?  Probably a bit too short (although it's not bad run at 85% speed)

Hmm, I hadn't heard that one before. It very well may be viable. To Stepmania!

Amber Williams

First off: Tiger T...that Azlan in your siggy is kind of pushing size limits galore.

Second off: I really hate to say it, and I know some of you guys will do the "doh Amber! We told you..." but I'm not sure if I can really finish Jyrras of Oz since I lost all my high-rez originals in the crash.  And while I'm sure some peeps have the small versions that were on the site, its kind of not what I really need.

Supercheese

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 11, 2006, 06:45:08 PM
Second off: I really hate to say it, and I know some of you guys Tapewolf will do the "doh Amber! We told you..." but I'm not sure if I can really finish Jyrras of Oz since I lost all my high-rez originals in the crash.  And while I'm sure some peeps have the small versions that were on the site, its kind of not what I really need.

And hopefully nobody will sing the "If I only had a brain" song.

DigitalMan

... Durr... You lost me at Jyrras of Oz. What fashion of random insanity is this?

And I think Tiger T's sig links to a randomized image >.>

Supercheese

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 11, 2006, 07:09:01 PM
And I think Tiger T's sig links to a randomized image >.>

Why yes - yes it does. .cgi extension  D:

Keleth

What about Super Space Nazis from Beyond the moon, presented in amazing BananaVision?
Help! I'm gay!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 11, 2006, 06:45:08 PM
Second off: I really hate to say it, and I know some of you guys will do the "doh Amber! We told you..." but I'm not sure if I can really finish Jyrras of Oz since I lost all my high-rez originals in the crash.  And while I'm sure some peeps have the small versions that were on the site, its kind of not what I really need.

I've been doing some experiments with repairing and doubling the size of the JPEG versions.  It's not the same as having the high res version, but it's the best I can do.  The only thing that really gets messed up are the captioning and they can be re-set anyway (if I can persuade Linux to see that font).

Original: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_308.php

Remastered:

Doubled (without restoration):
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/conversions/alexsi0.png

If it would help, I'd be happy to enhance the Wallpaper War images.

Quote from: Supercheese on October 11, 2006, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 11, 2006, 11:06:35 AM

Hmm, I hadn't heard that one before. It very well may be viable. To Stepmania!

It was written for the scene where Aary tries to kill Dan - as if you haven't guessed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 12, 2006, 09:45:19 AM
(if I can persuade Linux to see that font).

Surely it's TTF, isn't it? That's dead easy to set up, I thought?

Vidar

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 11, 2006, 06:45:08 PMSecond off: I really hate to say it, and I know some of you guys will do the "doh Amber! We told you..." but I'm not sure if I can really finish Jyrras of Oz since I lost all my high-rez originals in the crash.  And while I'm sure some peeps have the small versions that were on the site, its kind of not what I really need.

And have we tried to avoid such a disaster in the future by using our shiny new DVD-RW yet, Miss Amber? </stupid annoying semi-teacher "we-told-you-so" mode>

* ducks, runs and hides *
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</