Wallpaper Wars

Started by Forgotten, October 08, 2006, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forgotten

Coming back from the dead?

I've noticed I missed the enjoyment in reading those little wars along with the funny comic, title, caption, and daily blab. Is there any chance we will be seeing more anytime soon?

:3 WiKU!

Aldoun

We most likely will once Amber's life has settled down a bit so that she has the time to spend on something like it.

DigitalMan

Dood, I hope so. I missed out on it too  D:

Nikki

the wallpaper wars bars are so funny ^^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Zedd

Yes they was but Amber will do it when she settles in her new homeland...I currently have James at the other line right now...And says this cellphone will self distruct in 3 se-*BOOOOOOM*

ITOS

I would actually prefere Demonology 101 updates.

Hmmm... Maybe demonology wallpapers...

*boots up PhotoShop*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Amber Williams

I put a hold on the wallpaper wars because of the move and all the hassles that came this summer...and that I haven't finished the 2 wallpapers I still owe. (One of Matilda, One of Mab)

It would be rather lame of me to start another war when I havent even given the rewards of the last one.

Alondro

*Charline grins*  Become a politician, Amber.  Then you'll never feel guilty!  They NEVER deliver on their promises!  *grumbles*  Especially the one who promised to let me nuke 3 countries of my choice.  I DEMAND FALLOUT!!!  The rate of mutation in humanity is dismally slow!  Not one instance of super-powers in the last 2000 years!  Pathetic!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

LionHeart

If you're looking for mutation, Charline, you have the wrong universe. You want Universe 616;)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Alondro on October 08, 2006, 09:00:39 PM
*Charline grins*  Become a politician, Amber.  Then you'll never feel guilty!  They NEVER deliver on their promises!  *grumbles*  Especially the one who promised to let me nuke 3 countries of my choice.  I DEMAND FALLOUT!!!  The rate of mutation in humanity is dismally slow!  Not one instance of super-powers in the last 2000 years!  Pathetic!

Excuse me, but in light of the fact that humanity seems to be well on schedule toward becoming an Incomprehensible Elder Species(tm), I think at this point there's little to complain about on that front.

DigitalMan

Oh dear G.O.D., I just that whole page, and understood it... To quote Weird Al, "How'd I get so white and nerdy?"

But seriously, 3 countries?! They only gave me permission to nuke one, and I have this big list of countries that are off-limits! Bastards...

Alondro

*Charline bah!*  Humanity is certainly on its way to becoming incomprehensible, no doubt about that... incomprehensibly stupid, incomprihensibly violent, incomprihensibly overpopulated...   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on October 10, 2006, 03:01:43 AM
*Charline bah!* Humanity is certainly on its way to becoming incomprehensible, no doubt about that... incomprehensibly stupid, incomprihensibly violent, incomprihensibly overpopulated... :mowtongue

Bah what can I say you crazy cat....Thats how humans are sometimes are you know...

DigitalMan

Yet we are not incomprehensibly mechanized. That's what I'm waiting for. Close to being incomprehensibly weaponized, though, that's something to look forward to...

*does something comprehensibly stupid*

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 10, 2006, 03:15:52 AM
Yet we are not incomprehensibly mechanized. That's what I'm waiting for. Close to being incomprehensibly weaponized, though, that's something to look forward to...

*does something comprehensibly stupid*

The guy who posted the think I linked to (that is, Eliezer Yudkowsky, not the guy that wrote the article about the masses...) is a founding member of SIAI, the Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence.

To get the idea of what that's about, let's summarize by saying this: Computers are becoming more powerful because people keep figuring out ways to make them more powerful.

What happens once you have real AI? AI designes improvements to itself and its hardware, thus itself thinks faster and better. This happens recursively. ie, very soon you have FOOM... and since intelligence = power...

SIAI's entire purpose is to create a _safe_ recursively self modifying intelect. Safe as in ideally mathematically provably well behaved. (So the initial work is the design of a mathematical framework to deal with that, and consideration of exactly what "well behaved" really ought mean)

Also the idea that things like... death itself are bad things. Uploading minds are good things, Matrioshka Brains may be fun things...

That good enough for incomprehensibly mechanized and such? ;)

ShiningShadow

Thus we will have terminators runing about. Where's my Gundam so I could take care of the problem >:3. Anywho I don't know about the wall paper wars since I'm still a newbie and such can anybody explin to me please thanks...........

KarlOmega1

*Charline bah!*  Humanity is certainly on its way to becoming incomprehensible, no doubt about that... incomprehensibly stupid, incomprihensibly violent, incomprihensibly overpopulated...   :mowtongue

since we're on the subject, Where are the geneticly engineered anthromorphs?!?*

*= randomness of mind cuaght up with me...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

DigitalMan

It won't be considered mechanized enough until I have an arm made of metal! Hey, I wonder if I could program a machine to draw for me...

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on October 10, 2006, 04:40:57 PM

since we're on the subject, Where are the geneticly engineered anthromorphs?!?*

*= randomness of mind cuaght up with me...

The genetically engineered anthros are vacationing in another universe entirely.

Vidar

Quote from: Alondro on October 08, 2006, 09:00:39 PMThe rate of mutation in humanity is dismally slow!  Not one instance of super-powers in the last 2000 years!  Pathetic!

Well, the ability to drink milk, and not keel over with gut-pain is considered a rather widespread mutation...
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Zedd

Quote from: Vidar on October 10, 2006, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: Alondro on October 08, 2006, 09:00:39 PMThe rate of mutation in humanity is dismally slow!  Not one instance of super-powers in the last 2000 years!  Pathetic!

Well, the ability to drink milk, and not keel over with gut-pain is considered a rather widespread mutation...

Well now...Even though bringing milk into the subject...Surprised most things don't suffer from the lactose intalrance

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Vidar on October 10, 2006, 04:54:16 PMWell, the ability to drink milk, and not keel over with gut-pain is considered a rather widespread mutation...
meow... [translation: puny humans...]

Aridas

Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 10, 2006, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: Vidar on October 10, 2006, 04:54:16 PMWell, the ability to drink milk, and not keel over with gut-pain is considered a rather widespread mutation...
Er... what? (and don't forget what you are. >_>)

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 10, 2006, 05:16:56 PM
Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 10, 2006, 05:13:33 PM
Er... what? (and don't forget what you are. >_>)
umm, nothing!  :animesweat [don't remind me... I'm with KarlOmega1 on the geneticly engineered anthromorphs...  xD]

Amber Williams

You know....I was just about to come in here and ask for suggestions for upcoming wars...but seeing as you guys are in all sorts of wickety-wack conversations...I think I'm going to save that for another day.

C'ya.

DigitalMan

I'm willing to bet that's mostly my fault...

Although, if one person makes a post that horribly derails the topic, isn't it just as simple for another person to bring it back on topic? >.>

Aridas

It's not our fault! we're just weird  'A'

ChaosTiger

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 10, 2006, 05:38:04 PM
It's not our fault! we're just weird  'A'
yeah! we can't help it if we're completely insane... or is that just me? :animesweat xD

DigitalMan

Quote from: ChaosTiger on October 10, 2006, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 10, 2006, 05:38:04 PM
It's not our fault! we're just weird  'A'
yeah! we can't help it if we're completely insane... or is that just me? :animesweat xD

*observes* Case in point...

It seems most people here, myself included, do not have trains of thought. They're more akin to paper airplanes, thrown about in the wind. Even a part of an on-topic post can spawn an off-topic conversation, which can lead to another off-topic conversation...

So yeah. Totally crazy.

*gets an idea for a wallpaper that nearly scars his own mind* The world should be glad the off-topicness scared Amber away...

Aridas

Shh DM. Evil geniuses aren't supposed to reveal their plans.

DigitalMan

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 10, 2006, 06:26:49 PM
Shh DM. Evil geniuses aren't supposed to reveal their plans.

True... and if the idea were used and it won, my friend and probably a lot of other people would kill me for unleashing such frightening imagery...