2024-10-17 - DMFA #2138-9 - Of Weres and Demons

Started by Tapewolf, October 17, 2024, 04:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Double update - Wildy's interest in humans is explained, and Regina's brother makes an appearance.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Wildy is looking really cute in this one. Adorably lethal one might say.  :kruger
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Starcat5

Imagine a world where Wildy can go Full Ferret. Now go see a psychiatrist for the mental trauma you just recieved. :ferret

Also, Big Brother Toto is looking out for his little sister. Good on him.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Arcblade

Yay! I had long theorized that Wildy and Biggs were Weres, super cool to have it confirmed.

I'm not sure I buy that it skipped Wildy, given some of her behavior in comics past...  plus like. Biggs apparently took down clan leader Owona (RIP :( ), and frankly I assume the Were humanform immunity to magic played into that. It wouldn't have to, given Mab's gift to Biggs, but. It's a *huge* advantage.

Cool to see Tolas, and that he seems to care about his sister. Not a guarantee in a family like that.

Akisohida

Tolas, at least, seems more interested in Regina's wellbeing than family grudges or image.

So, I think, even with his apparent hate of DP; He'll probably leave if/when Regina says she's happy there.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

joshofspam

Huh, thinking about if Biggs was a were and how that kind of power Mab's gave him might complement one another.

He could probably use it to gradually whittle away at people's confidence of being more powerful then him and let them have it as a fight progresses.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Viking ZX

Well, that long-standing theory is finally confirmed!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

WhyNot?

Quote from: Viking ZX on October 17, 2024, 10:37:53 PMWell, that long-standing theory is finally confirmed!

Funnily enough Amber did actually mention about eleven-and-a-half years ago that Wildy being a Were was planned, but that they wanted to keep some Beings in the cast so they scrapped the idea. I guess the way it's done here technically does keep her as one.

Merlin

yesss i remember the were thing. i don't remember the jyrras thing! i also want to hear more about the ending of humans

Hariman

It's nice seeing siblings who love each other and look out for each other.

It's hilarious seeing that Tolas and Aliph both apparently hate each other, but care more about Regina than they do about their mutual grudge.

Quote from: Jasonrevall on October 17, 2024, 11:32:14 AMWildy is looking really cute in this one. Adorably lethal one might say.  :kruger

"It's a trap!"

Quote from: Arcblade on October 17, 2024, 01:50:14 PMYay! I had long theorized that Wildy and Biggs were Weres, super cool to have it confirmed.

I'm not sure I buy that it skipped Wildy, given some of her behavior in comics past...  plus like. Biggs apparently took down clan leader Owona (RIP :( ), and frankly I assume the Were humanform immunity to magic played into that. It wouldn't have to, given Mab's gift to Biggs, but. It's a *huge* advantage.

Cool to see Tolas, and that he seems to care about his sister. Not a guarantee in a family like that.

The impression I got was that Biggs had hired someone to kill Owona, but given his knowledge of anti magic weapons and cubi clan leaders being largely made of magic, I can see that as a possibility now.

I've also noticed that in cases like Regina, where the parents are narcissists and ignore their children, siblings either end up in a scapegoat/golden child dynamic, they end up looking out for each other because the parents just don't care, or the golden child and scapegoat end up caring for each other in spite of the abusive parenting.

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Arcblade

Quote from: Hariman on October 18, 2024, 10:36:49 PMThe impression I got was that Biggs had hired someone to kill Owona, but given his knowledge of anti magic weapons and cubi clan leaders being largely made of magic, I can see that as a possibility now.

I guess Biggs could simply have called in a favor from a Were relative for a similar effect, without needing to do the neat shape-shifting trick himself. Or a few relatives. As Demo 101 notes, the species can be fantastically powerful due to the humanform resistance to magic and the primal animal form's mastery of magic.

Hmm, actually maybe I've talked myself out of Biggs being a full power Were. If he already had that going Mab's boon wouldn't necessarily make a difference, and the Chekov's magic-free gun wouldn't be as needed.

Unrelated, I wonder what Tolas' dislike against Aliph is about? He's old enough that I assume it's not just inherited dislike from his parents' opinions. And Aliph is powerful, just not very social.  I guess maybe the undead embarrassment and getting repeatedly killed by an adventurer (hi Dan!)?  But Tolas still respects Aliph some at least.

I'm excited to see where this goes. ^_^

Liatai

Quote from: Arcblade on October 20, 2024, 06:35:29 PMUnrelated, I wonder what Tolas' dislike against Aliph is about? He's old enough that I assume it's not just inherited dislike from his parents' opinions. And Aliph is powerful, just not very social.  I guess maybe the undead embarrassment and getting repeatedly killed by an adventurer (hi Dan!)?  But Tolas still respects Aliph some at least.

You have to wonder just how much of this conversation on Tolas' side is demon posturing. He's the "golden child" after all, to his parents -- everything a demon "should" be. He's presenting power and a 'do not mess with me' aura. This may just be part of the power play politics that are standard demon social interactions. Like, saying "I am not a soft target, take me and what I have to say seriously because I can back up my words with power."

Prroul

I like this interaction between Tolas and Aliph. Tolas being the posturing 'big brother checking up on his sis to make sure she's okay', and Aliph just giving the kid the knowing smirk. If he'd actually been a threat, he'd have been done for. But since he's just checking up on his sis, and she is happy to see him... he gets a pass. This time.

Tolas thinks he could take Aliph. Aliph is just glad he doesn't have to clean up the mess.

Hariman

Quote from: Arcblade on October 20, 2024, 06:35:29 PM
Quote from: Hariman on October 18, 2024, 10:36:49 PMThe impression I got was that Biggs had hired someone to kill Owona, but given his knowledge of anti magic weapons and cubi clan leaders being largely made of magic, I can see that as a possibility now.

I guess Biggs could simply have called in a favor from a Were relative for a similar effect, without needing to do the neat shape-shifting trick himself. Or a few relatives. As Demo 101 notes, the species can be fantastically powerful due to the humanform resistance to magic and the primal animal form's mastery of magic.

Hmm, actually maybe I've talked myself out of Biggs being a full power Were. If he already had that going Mab's boon wouldn't necessarily make a difference, and the Chekov's magic-free gun wouldn't be as needed.

Unrelated, I wonder what Tolas' dislike against Aliph is about? He's old enough that I assume it's not just inherited dislike from his parents' opinions. And Aliph is powerful, just not very social.  I guess maybe the undead embarrassment and getting repeatedly killed by an adventurer (hi Dan!)?  But Tolas still respects Aliph some at least.

I'm excited to see where this goes. ^_^

Biggs being able to kill a Cubi clan leader depends on if Mab's boon has gotten to the point where that's believable by others.  Which is a maybe.

I think it's been implied that Biggs IS a were, but that he almost never uses his other forms.

As for Aliph and Tolas' interaction, it sounds like Tolas views Dark Pegasus' resurrection magic as more of animating himself as undead instead of a genuine resurrection, possibly with a side of "he failed and got killed too" adding to the dislike.

You do have a good point that it could be posturing too, and they only maintain the front for the public and don't mind each other in other circumstances.  It feels like Tolas and Aliph really do hate each other though.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!