2024-23-01 [RE 82.8] Extremely Mortal

Started by Lying Foo, January 23, 2024, 07:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

How much do we know about Bluff's home dimension?  I guess, unlike LaRaGa, stars are stars there.

We've seen from Fluffy Tales that Jude and Jake still get along, although I suspect mortals aren't supposed to know that.  (Hell, it might be a secret from Marie.)

I wonder how secret Jake's "curses" actually are?  Obviously Saturn knows, but of course she's a special case.  But Danni also knows due to Jinx being an idiot, and she's nobody.  After millennia, it must at least be a rumor.

Is it bad I kind of want to see Jake kill a "cursed" Trickster for spilling the beans?  Only the threat's been looming over Jinx so long now, but the only person we've seen Jake kill directly was a light power.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ProfesseurRenard

If Jake does pull the "silence the whistleblower" routine, it's bound to be someone other than Jinx, cos unless Merlin messes with continuity in future, Jinx's fate as dictated by the bonus material for the comic formerly known as New Game + is to be hanged for Tricksterism, then to usurp the Reaper's role in the Afterlife.

Lying Foo

Of course Jake isn't going to kill Jinx, since we know Jinx is going to take Firstly's job.  (Unless killing him is a requirement - not quite sure how apotheosis works in this setting.)  But we know now that the God of Lies is bound to the truth (kind of a familiar trope - Hermes, Satan), so when he says "I will kill you if you let slip this secret," I have to think he will kill any Trickster who lets slip that secret.  I guess Danni's lips are tight enough he's not worried?  She hasn't even told any of the other students, as far as I recall.  But he must've killed other Tricksters, then.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Merlin

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on January 23, 2024, 09:42:46 PMIf Jake does pull the "silence the whistleblower" routine, it's bound to be someone other than Jinx, cos unless Merlin messes with continuity in future, Jinx's fate as dictated by the bonus material for the comic formerly known as New Game + is to be hanged for Tricksterism, then to usurp the Reaper's role in the Afterlife.

I don't remember implying that he gets hanged, but my memory is very bad. I've had a few fates in mind for him over the years but I don't remember that one

as a perception god Jake does have the ability to see some of what a mortal might get up to so it's possible that he picks people he's either less likely to kill or would quite like to kill lol

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on January 25, 2024, 02:08:12 AMI don't remember implying that he gets hanged, but my memory is very bad. I've had a few fates in mind for him over the years but I don't remember that one

Puyon and I did that one.  Jinx keeps singing "Anything you can do, I can do better" until the Reaper gives him the lamp so he can prove it.  It was not intended to be canon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 25, 2024, 04:17:15 AM
Quote from: Merlin on January 25, 2024, 02:08:12 AMI don't remember implying that he gets hanged, but my memory is very bad. I've had a few fates in mind for him over the years but I don't remember that one

Puyon and I did that one.  Jinx keeps singing "Anything you can do, I can do better" until the Reaper gives him the lamp so he can prove it.  It was not intended to be canon.

Silly me. But I do recall him serving as the Reaper in New Game +, so there's that.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on January 25, 2024, 01:46:42 PMSilly me. But I do recall him serving as the Reaper in New Game +, so there's that.

Yes, that's what gave me the idea for that comic.  A silly explanation of how that might have come about.  I don't know if Jinx actually needs to be dead to become the replacement Reaper, but it seemed like a reasonable bet at the time.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E