2022-04-26 [DMFA #2075] - The spectre of Aniz

Started by Tapewolf, April 26, 2022, 04:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Oh boy, this is going to get interesting if even Aary is scared to go there.

The "Failed attempts" thing is particularly interesting, as it seems to confirm the theory that a Cubi-Being pairing isn't 100% guaranteed to result in a 'Cubi, it just increases the odds.  It is known that the success probability depends on the power of the clan (e.g. Piflak is so strong that her members can usually get a 'Cubi child out of a Demon ).  And Aniz was from a very, very weak clan.

Kind of interesting that Abel may have been the only success, since his coming to maturity should, in theory, have increased the clan strength.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Titanium Dragon

Yeah, this was heavily implied when we found out about Abel's backstory and that the particulars of who Dan was were what convinced him.

They are related, and now Dan knows.

MT Hazard

That would suggest that Dest's obsession with Aniz never ended, when she couldn't have him, she went after her son, when that didn't work, she settled for one of his distant relatives, Dan's father. Maybe she didn't end up at the lost lake by accident.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Carmeops

so this put a wrench in the long theory that Dan's father was a disguised Aniz, and in fact he would be a descendant of Aniz, from a failed attempt at creating a cubi

man the long lifespan of cubi makes genealogy hard to follow

tho, the theory that Dan's father might be Aniz still stand, he could have used his descendant as decoy to fake his death and took his place, due to their resemblance

anyway, does that mean Abel is officially Dan's uncle? Great uncle? Great great uncle?

edit: i still think the ultimate answer is "brother", because it's too coincidental, when Abel entered the academy, age 25, Fa'Lina forbid Aniz from enrolling another child for "three hundred and seventy five years", and now, Abel is 400, and Dan entered the academy...

HaDDea

Quote from: Carmeops on April 26, 2022, 11:47:16 AM
so this put a wrench in the long theory that Dan's father was a disguised Aniz, and in fact he would be a descendant of Aniz, from a failed attempt at creating a cubi

man the long lifespan of cubi makes genealogy hard to follow

tho, the theory that Dan's father might be Aniz still stand, he could have used his descendant as decoy to fake his death and took his place, due to their resemblance

anyway, does that mean Abel is officially Dan's uncle? Great uncle? Great great uncle?

edit: i still think the ultimate answer is "brother", because it's too coincidental, when Abel entered the academy, age 25, Fa'Lina forbid Aniz from enrolling another child for "three hundred and seventy five years", and now, Abel is 400, and Dan entered the academy...

Mmmm, maybe... after all, it was Aary, not Aniz that enrolled Dan to go to SAIA, and Fa'Lina's powers, while impressive, are very limited; She isn't a Phoenix, and I imagine that Aniz' erratic behaviour made him hard to predict, as Destania was. Plus Cyra was also shielding Aniz while he was out of SAIA. I still think that while Dan might be related to Aniz, it will be in a very distant way at best. Aniz might be his great-great-great+ grandparent - 375 years in Beings with 80-90 year max lifespans makes for a lot of generations, and Dan is already at least the 3rd generation of known Ti'fiona adventurers, and it sounds like there were more.

Addendum: I wonder - does having 'cubi genes as a Being potentially boost one's probability of having successful 'cubi offspring, or other Creatures? I know that having Creature blood imparts other traits like brilliant colours not normally seen in full-blooded Beings. Could Aniz be trying to seed a community for better results, or was it just chance? It seems Aniz was retracing his steps fairly recently when he ran afoul of Dan's parents.

Also makes me wonder about Biggs and Wildy, as they have hair that indicates they might have had some Creature heritage...

WhyNot?

Quote from: Carmeops on April 26, 2022, 11:47:16 AM

To me the timing lines up just to explain why he was preparing for his next child. Amber said something in the forums about him killing Mythos, presumably to lure out Adventurers, before attacking them when they came to investigate. Whether he was always after Edward or it was random and the fact two people came was what messed up the plan is unclear.

The way Dee talks about Aniz leads me to believe he is actually dead. Plus there really isn't a reason to kill Abel, or at least to the extreme levels she goes to, when he isn't tied up in a bunch of weird, angry Aniz hating feelings. Even if she wanted to kill him for his own sake I feel like killing the only other member of Siar would give her pause on how Aniz would take it.

[Also I could swear there is a more concrete but not total 'nope' to the idea at some point but all I can currently recall are the vauger ones]

Infranscia

Yeah... if a Cubi isn't powerful enough to have a Cubi kid with even a Being, that says something.  :mowdizzy

Of course, we're more-than-likely talking about Aniz, who basically did nothing at SAIA and probably had very little power of his own.  Though I wouldn't be surprised if the recent(-ish) loss of a Clan Leader also left him weaker than your basic, no-Tri-Wing-Leader Cubi (or a Being, apparently).

I'm thinking that Abel probably doesn't know about anything like this - even that it could be possible - given his recent dialogue with Jyrras.  It's not impossible that he's leaving out details, though.

I'm guessing the average clan also doesn't know, given what Seme's representative said about Dan and his genealogy.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

joshofspam

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 26, 2022, 08:27:19 AM
That would suggest that Dest's obsession with Aniz never ended, when she couldn't have him, she went after her son, when that didn't work, she settled for one of his distant relatives, Dan's father. Maybe she didn't end up at the lost lake by accident.
I always sort of figured she was there for vengeance against Dan's father after she had a confrontation with the Soulstealers to learn if Aniz was actually dead.

Which is why I have a strong feeling Aniz actually was killed then. From what we see in Abel's side story, I doubt Kria was kind or spared any method to confirm it was Aniz's body that was brought to them.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Carmeops

Quote from: HaDDea on April 26, 2022, 12:39:19 PM

Mmmm, maybe... after all, it was Aary, not Aniz that enrolled Dan to go to SAIA, and Fa'Lina's powers, while impressive, are very limited

No, my point is, that Aniz, might have timed Dan's age so his potential awakening coincide with his academy ban's lift, Fa'lina didn't have to know about it, until Aniz show up with his new kid right on time

except Dan's father got captured and sealed somewhere and couldn't enroll him himself, Aary enrolling him is just a coincidence, since we know Dan's mother expected Fa'lina to protect her son in the academy anyway, even if she was herself in hiding and didn't enroll her son, she must have made Fa'lina aware of his existence

Quote from: WhyNot? on April 26, 2022, 12:45:08 PMPlus there really isn't a reason to kill Abel, or at least to the extreme levels she goes to, when he isn't tied up in a bunch of weird, angry Aniz hating feelings.

even if she somewhat made up with Aniz, to the point of having a child with him, she might still want to kill Abel for 1:hating the fact that he is the fruit of her lover affair with another woman, 2: to prevent the risk of Aniz succeeding his plan with Abel and joining another clan

the entire point of Aniz doing what he does, was to create a child that would be accepted in another cubi clan, create a blood connection with them by having a child, and then using a ritual to bring him into that clan with living leader, so he can feel what it is to be part of a lead clan again, that's why he was so enjoyed when Abel turned out to look exactly like a child of the Quoar clan, giving Abel more options to hook up with a lead clan's lady

and Dest's plan might be instead to bring Aniz to Cyra clan by doing the ritual directly using Dan, her clan is small, like very, but it's still a clan with a leader, and that's what Aniz want, tho not ideal, he might accept the deal if his other possibility (Abel) stop existing

WhyNot?

Quote from: Carmeops on April 26, 2022, 01:05:26 PM

to prevent the risk of Aniz succeeding his plan with Abel and joining another clan

(.......)

the entire point of Aniz doing what he does, was to create a child that would be accepted in another cubi clan, create a blood connection with them by having a child, and then using a ritual to bring him into that clan with living leader, so he can feel what it is to be part of a lead clan again, that's why he was so enjoyed when Abel turned out to look exactly like a child of the Quoar clan, giving Abel more options to hook up with a lead clan's lady

and Dest's plan might be instead to bring Aniz to Cyra clan by doing the ritual directly using Dan, her clan is small, like very, but it's still a clan with a leader, and that's what Aniz want, tho not ideal, he might accept the deal if his other possibility (Abel) stop existing

That was never stated anywhere to be Aniz's plan and we've only ever seen such a thing affect the parent, not the parents relatives. Aniz's plan always seemed to re-populate the Siar Clan.....like you said, if he wanted a Clan with a leader all he had to do was stay in the relationship he was in already.

It also doesn't explain why Dee brings up the mere concept of him disdainfully as a idiot who died stupidly when she didn't have to even acknolodge his existence, let alone have any reason to pretend that he was dead or hated by her like she would have to be doing if he was Edward.....even in context it's a very superflous kick at Aniz made of resentment that doesn't actually help explain to Biggs what her deal with Abel is.

HaDDea

Quote from: Carmeops on April 26, 2022, 01:05:26 PM
Quote from: HaDDea on April 26, 2022, 12:39:19 PM

Mmmm, maybe... after all, it was Aary, not Aniz that enrolled Dan to go to SAIA, and Fa'Lina's powers, while impressive, are very limited

No, my point is, that Aniz, might have timed Dan's age so his potential awakening coincide with his academy ban's lift, Fa'lina didn't have to know about it, until Aniz show up with his new kid right on time

except Dan's father got captured and sealed somewhere and couldn't enroll him himself, Aary enrolling him is just a coincidence, since we know Dan's mother expected Fa'lina to protect her son in the academy anyway, even if she was herself in hiding and didn't enroll her son, she must have made Fa'lina aware of his existence

Quote from: WhyNot? on April 26, 2022, 12:45:08 PMPlus there really isn't a reason to kill Abel, or at least to the extreme levels she goes to, when he isn't tied up in a bunch of weird, angry Aniz hating feelings.

even if she somewhat made up with Aniz, to the point of having a child with him, she might still want to kill Abel for 1:hating the fact that he is the fruit of her lover affair with another woman, 2: to prevent the risk of Aniz succeeding his plan with Abel and joining another clan

Clan Seme confirmed that Aniz wasn't Dan's father at the Clan gathering http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1437.php.

Having children that are part of another 'cubi clan wouldn't help rebuild clan Siar, which is what Aniz was obsessed with doing - he has two blood relations who are now part of Clan Seme, who very likely would've extended the offer to him, given their attitude towards his son.  It also wouldn't explain why Aniz was targeting Beings for children; only breeding with other 'cubi  would get him a biological ticket into their clan. Aniz was trying to rebuild his clan from scratch.

I doubt Aniz would want much to do with Destania, as he likely blames her for the destruction of Siar because she kept him from going to his leader's aid (not really true or rational, but these are emotions we're dealing with and the Creatures who are caught up in the thick of them). Aniz was avoiding Destania at all costs - it's why he had to wait 375 years to restart his breeding plan again instead of just 50, and he took the time hit instead of just staying at SAIA.

Dest wanted Aniz dead. Destiana is stuck in the past while the world moves on. Her lover Aniz moved on, the clans have moved on - even her mother is moving on now with Dan's intervention. And while I can understand why she's still desperately clinging to those few happy emotions of days long long past, the tragedy is that she is now stuck in a very dark spiral which is going to claim a lot of lives, and she doesn't even care about whether they were guilty or innocent. Both Aniz and Destania are studies of being stuck in an emotion to the detriment of all, including onself.

Cassi-kun

I'll make a more in-depth post later, but for now:

*incomprehensible screaming*
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

SkeletalSpade

o dAnG, a conversation right into the realm of no return!!!  :bunny

WhyNot?

Something that's just occurred to me: In the original A=E theory the reasoning behind him and Dee getting back together the reasoning was simple, his reformation and talking her round to it. In the version of events that canon has since built Aniz is still obsessed with replacing Adventurers and rebuilding his clan.....so why would he get back together with her? An Aniz who was continuing his plan wouldn't get with Dee, but Canon Aniz never abandoned it so......

There are also other points, which I think are worth pointing out but do have workable explanations:

Why did he not get rid of Lex? (Maybe it was too soon after and getting rid of her when Dee was around would put suspicion on her?)

If you're abandoning the plan that needs the Adventurer identity why keep it? Couldn't they just elope and blow the whole thing, including looking after a child that's of a race that they're both extremely racist towards? (Maybe he and Dee just decided to stick with the quiet Inn life for a bit?)

Why raise Dan to be....well, Dan? (I suppose he is his own person and they have to keep up appearances but you'd think they would have done something to align him to their values? Unlike Abel, it's not like May is in the way of their shaping of him.)

On a semi-personal note I feel it kinda......does damage to the emotional beats regarding Dee if it is Aniz? A Dee who did feel something at one point and figuring out if that's enough is much more interesting than, nah, they were just both evil this entire time.

On a more directly page related topic, I'm wondering if this'll touch on that old Devin theory too?

Cassi-kun

*koff*

Alright, so assuming the Ti'Fiona line are Aniz's descendants, this would make Dan Abel's grand+nephew. With Taun's mostly keeping the information under wraps, at least from the general public, what I'm curious about the most is whether Abel knows this. It's been my assumption up to this point that - much like his motive for working at the inn - Abel had chosen to take Dan in as a roommate at SAIA was because of Alexsi's mother having slain Aniz. But if Fa'Lina or Abel were being kept up to date on Aniz's attempts to grow Clan Siar again, [I think] it stands to reason that Abel knows Dan's "true" lineage and may even view him as a Clan mate despite Dan being Cyran.

I also notice that Dan gave Aary the generic "I wanted to be like my father" instead of explaining the Regina incident again.

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Cassi-kun on April 26, 2022, 05:05:03 PM
*koff*

Alright, so assuming the Ti'Fiona line are Aniz's descendants, this would make Dan Abel's grand+nephew. With Taun's mostly keeping the information under wraps, at least from the general public, what I'm curious about the most is whether Abel knows this. It's been my assumption up to this point that - much like his motive for working at the inn - Abel had chosen to take Dan in as a roommate at SAIA was because of Alexsi's mother having slain Aniz. But if Fa'Lina or Abel were being kept up to date on Aniz's attempts to grow Clan Siar again, [I think] it stands to reason that Abel knows Dan's "true" lineage and may even view him as a Clan mate despite Dan being Cyran.

I also notice that Dan gave Aary the generic "I wanted to be like my father" instead of explaining the Regina incident again.

I think both are two.
Him becoming an adventurer may have been something he always leaned towards in general, not just because it was family tradition, but because it would have been a tradition he'd like to uphold.

However, his father being more open-minded to creatures inspired Dan to be more of a "redeemer" type adventurer.
Which, unfortunately, for a lot of creatures, is just outright condescending.

Dan's own biases, plus the incident with Regina, turned him full anti-demon (and by extension, anti-cubi, since IIRC a lot of beings don't distinguish between the two all that well) and as a result he effectively went full "Beings need to be protected from dangerous Creatures at all costs."

At least, that's how I'm interpreting events.

---

As for the current topic...

Okay, this changed my mind about the dragons being involved in the adventurer academy, at least as far as top brass go.  Taun funding this particular guild makes more sense, and would also explain why they have access to the records. If dragons were involved, they would find out and *not* be happy about the clan doing this. And while they wouldn't act openly, I can see something of incident happening to the Ti'Fiona clan.

As nothing did, I want to say dragons aren't involved... unless there are things I'm just not seeing here.

Siar, though. Oof. Quite a bombshell to drop on us.  So, he and Abel are related, as in, great grand-uncle and great-grand nephew (I'm not even going to speculate how many "great's" are involved so let's just leave it at that)

I doubt Abel considers himself mature enough to be called an uncle.  I doubt he'd even want to acknowledge that they're related at all, less so because of Dan and more because of Aniz.
Though I can somehow imagine Dan managing to wield the "uncle" label as a weapon during a comedic moment.

As to whether Abel knows this, I honestly doubt it. He didn't seem like the kind of person to keep track of Aniz's movements - he was busy, after all, taking classes, and kind of hiding away from the world without any purpose in his life.

Perhaps this will actually give them something to find common ground on. The two haven't really had a chance to talk since Dan left for the academy of his own volition. Since then, Dan's reconciled his identity as an Incubus of Clan Cyra with his identity as Dan Ti'Fiona, the (Retired) Adventurer, and Abel has suffered a physically and mentally traumatic event but seems to have since discovered that he has a taste for living.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rithm Alfortele on April 26, 2022, 05:43:58 PM
As to whether Abel knows this, I honestly doubt it. He didn't seem like the kind of person to keep track of Aniz's movements - he was busy, after all, taking classes, and kind of hiding away from the world without any purpose in his life.

That's a tricky one.  Abel had more reason to keep track of Aniz' movements than you'd think because he actually devoted a chunk of his time at the Academy to buffing himself up with the intention of ending his dad's evil once and for all, even taking lessons from Dee (who apparently liked the idea of Aniz dying by his own son's hand).
It's only when Fa'Lina told him that Aniz was (probably) dead, his purpose was gone and he took up stuff like grass-growing.

However.  Cyra was shielding Aniz by request from Destania, leaving him hidden from Hizell's sight, and AFAIK also Fa'Lina's.  So until his death was reported, there wasn't an easy way to keep track of where Aniz was or what he was doing - unless of course the Taun reports on his shenanigans made its way back to Fa'Lina and/or SAIA.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Quote from: Rithm Alfortele on April 26, 2022, 05:43:58 PM

However, his father being more open-minded to creatures inspired Dan to be more of a "redeemer" type adventurer.
Which, unfortunately, for a lot of creatures, is just outright condescending.

Dan's own biases, plus the incident with Regina, turned him full anti-demon (and by extension, anti-cubi, since IIRC a lot of beings don't distinguish between the two all that well) and as a result he effectively went full "Beings need to be protected from dangerous Creatures at all costs."

TBF it seemed Dan stayed somewhat redeemer-ish as far as we saw and always seemed to believe Creatures and Beings of all kinds could live in peace.....it's just that what he thought happened in the Regina incident slapped the simple fantasy of 'then they'll realize we're all people aren't we, and stop oppressing us' away and hardened him somewhat. It's not like he went full on 'They're Monsters!' or went after people just because they were Creatures or anything.

Drakkenmensch

Welp, the "Dan and Abel are brothers" long-running theory has some gas left in the tank!

Glenn Griffon

What i wanna know is how many "failed attempts" happened before Aniz lucked out with Abel?
It's been implied that Devin could have been Abel's older, half-brother though i don't think it's confirmed or denied.
How man kids did Aniz bring into the world and then bail cause the kid didn't have wings at birth?

Dan's lineage could have started with Aniz putting out a kid, bailing cause the child didn't have wings and then who knows what.

How far back in the Ti'Fiona line did Aniz get involved? Maybe Dan's father was Aniz's son? Remember Abel was well into his 20's when his headwings came in, Dan too.
Aniz may have gone ahead and tried to get another child and teach him about being a cubi before enrolling in the Academy.

Ooo here's a theory!
What if Dan's father is Abel's brother. What if he's a successful Cubi but when he found out he was a Cubi he suppressed everything, hid his wings or had them removed and when his father Aniz objected to his marrying Alexi's mother Aniz attacked and that's when and whyAniz was killed!

KathYohneke

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 26, 2022, 05:29:35 AM
Yeah, this was heavily implied when we found out about Abel's backstory and that the particulars of who Dan was were what convinced him.

Actually it was pretty much confirmed it was because Aniz was killed by Dan' mom who died in the process and this was pretty much a thanks for dealing with his terrible father and a apology that their mom died because of it?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: KathYohneke on April 27, 2022, 08:26:30 PM
Quote from: Titanium Dragon on April 26, 2022, 05:29:35 AM

Actually it was pretty much confirmed it was because Aniz was killed by Dan' mom who died in the process and this was pretty much a thanks for dealing with his terrible father and a apology that their mom died because of it?
Alexsi's mother, not Dan's. Dan's mom is Destania who is still around.

Tuyu

Hariman

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on April 27, 2022, 01:53:00 PM
What i wanna know is how many "failed attempts" happened before Aniz lucked out with Abel?
It's been implied that Devin could have been Abel's older, half-brother though i don't think it's confirmed or denied.
How man kids did Aniz bring into the world and then bail cause the kid didn't have wings at birth?

Dan's lineage could have started with Aniz putting out a kid, bailing cause the child didn't have wings and then who knows what.

How far back in the Ti'Fiona line did Aniz get involved? Maybe Dan's father was Aniz's son? Remember Abel was well into his 20's when his headwings came in, Dan too.
Aniz may have gone ahead and tried to get another child and teach him about being a cubi before enrolling in the Academy.

Ooo here's a theory!
What if Dan's father is Abel's brother. What if he's a successful Cubi but when he found out he was a Cubi he suppressed everything, hid his wings or had them removed and when his father Aniz objected to his marrying Alexi's mother Aniz attacked and that's when and whyAniz was killed!

Given cubi inheritance, I suspect that Dan's father is one of Aniz' grandsons or great grandsons from early in Aniz' attempts to rebuild his clan, when he was so weak that even beings could be more powerful than him.

When he realized that his new son wouldn't be a cubi, he abandoned the child and left him for the adventuring guild.

Destania probably doesn't know that he's related to Aniz, and just decided to accept a fake relationship with not Aniz to have SOMETHING instead of being alone.

I honestly think that Dan and Aniz are at least half brothers, or somewhere closely related like that due to Aniz' shenanigans.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

joshofspam

Quote from: Hariman on May 01, 2022, 05:59:36 PM
Quote from: Glenn Griffon on April 27, 2022, 01:53:00 PM

Ooo here's a theory!

Given cubi inheritance, I suspect that Dan's father is one of Aniz' grandsons or great grandsons from early in Aniz' attempts to rebuild his clan, when he was so weak that even beings could be more powerful than him.

When he realized that his new son wouldn't be a cubi, he abandoned the child and left him for the adventuring guild.

Destania probably doesn't know that he's related to Aniz, and just decided to accept a fake relationship with not Aniz to have SOMETHING instead of being alone.

I honestly think that Dan and Aniz are at least half brothers, or somewhere closely related like that due to Aniz' shenanigans.

I think something we need to keep in mind here is the possibility that Dan might not be directly related to Abel's clan through Aniz.

We just know a clan name. Not an individual or an exact time. This could be before the purge.

Another reason I'm keeping this in mind is when Amber had an ask the Tri-wing leaders thing going on, the people who got to ask shared their answers here and one tri-wing shared their suspicions that eating souls made it hader to make more tri-wings. I'm curious that this might be another consequence of soul eating?

Maybe without a tri-wing to push things in their genetic favor, a soul eating clan doesn't get a benefit when having a child with a Being like a non-eating soul clan. Perhaps even the dragons leaked how to harvest souls to other creatures to intentionally hurt them like this.

WhyNot?

Quote from: joshofspam on May 03, 2022, 02:30:25 PM
I think something we need to keep in mind here is the possibility that Dan might not be directly related to Abel's clan through Aniz.

We just know a clan name. Not an individual or an exact time. This could be before the purge.

(....)

Maybe without a tri-wing to push things in their genetic favor, a soul eating clan doesn't get a benefit when having a child with a Being like a non-eating soul clan. Perhaps even the dragons leaked how to harvest souls to other creatures to intentionally hurt them like this.

The purge and loss of Siar were on the same day though, so even if that was a thing it wouldn't be a factor in this case.

But actually thinking about it does make me realize there's very little chance of a bait and switch on it being Aniz. I thought there was a small chance that it was going to be yanked out as a gag, but the only person who wouldn't have Tri-Wing backing is Aniz so it has to be him.

joshofspam

Quote from: WhyNot? on May 03, 2022, 02:59:48 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on May 03, 2022, 02:30:25 PM

(....)

The purge and loss of Siar were on the same day though, so even if that was a thing it wouldn't be a factor in this case.

But actually thinking about it does make me realize there's very little chance of a bait and switch on it being Aniz. I thought there was a small chance that it was going to be yanked out as a gag, but the only person who wouldn't have Tri-Wing backing is Aniz so it has to be him.

Ah, but that makes the assumption that every Being born from a Cubi and Being couple that is born a Being will be changed into a cubi to correct that.

Not only is such a conversion come at a power cost to the clan in some way, but we also learn from the clan meeting that there is some limitation of Tri-wings supporting a clan that seemingly can only be overcome by handing the Tri-wing status to another member. Hence what Zazzuza says she is doing by the end of the meeting.

Edit: Note it's still possible Aniz might be the culprit. But I'm not sure if it's necesarrily the only member of Siar that could be attached to this.

WhyNot?

Quote from: joshofspam on May 03, 2022, 03:39:03 PM
Ah, but that makes the assumption that every Being born from a Cubi and Being couple that is born a Being will be changed into a cubi to correct that.

Not only is such a conversion come at a power cost to the clan in some way, but we also learn from the clan meeting that there is some limitation of Tri-wings supporting a clan that seemingly can only be overcome by handing the Tri-wing status to another member. Hence what Zazzuza says she is doing by the end of the meeting.

First of all, I'm pretty sure conversion doesn't work that way or at least hasn't been stated to work as such. It's always been put in terms of a Cubi parent using a Cubi child to convert the non-Cubi parent. The cost is also to the individual in that they're giving up half of their own energy to share.

What I am talking about is that, for it not to be Aniz, a child born into a clan with an active Tri-Wing would have to have been born a Being, not only once, but multiple times according to the strip. All this when we've been told that Tri-Wing clans have fairly decent success rates of overpowering Demon genes let alone Beings.

joshofspam

Quote from: WhyNot? on May 03, 2022, 04:00:28 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on May 03, 2022, 03:39:03 PM

First of all, I'm pretty sure conversion doesn't work that way or at least hasn't been stated to work as such. It's always been put in terms of a Cubi parent using a Cubi child to convert the non-Cubi parent. The cost is also to the individual in that they're giving up half of their own energy to share.

What I am talking about is that, for it not to be Aniz, a child born into a clan with an active Tri-Wing would have to have been born a Being, not only once, but multiple times according to the strip. All this when we've been told that Tri-Wing clans have fairly decent success rates of overpowering Demon genes let alone Beings.

Good points.

Though when it comes to Tri-wings and and the clans overpowering those genes, I think Piflak was the clan leader that said that. And with the way she controls her numbers of how big her clan is, it makes me think that may play into that certainty of her's.