2021-05-17 [DMFA #2040] - How to find Regina

Started by Tapewolf, May 17, 2021, 02:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

If DP's mansion doesn't already have a tantrum room, he should probably consider installing one.
That said, it'll be interesting to see exactly what's annoyed her - DP making life-changing decisions without consulting her, or her father's blasé attitude to her wellbeing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 17, 2021, 02:22:28 PM
If DP's mansion doesn't already have a tantrum room, he should probably consider installing one.
That said, it'll be interesting to see exactly what's annoyed her - DP making life-changing decisions without consulting her, or her father's blasé attitude to her wellbeing.

It's highly likely that her father's lack of faith in her abilities stung the hardest. Hearing your own father saying that he's just counting time until "you inevitably screw up" would make anyone want to take a trip to a well-stocked tantrum room.

Hariman

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 17, 2021, 02:22:28 PM

My bet is hatred for Malle, as he both treated Regina like an idiot, and has shown that he doesn't care enough to actually listen to either Dark Pegasus or Regina while making a major decision that affects his daughter's life.

Honestly, I ship Malle with Mother Gothel and Gaston. They're all narcissists who deserve the hell that is each other's presence.

I also think this is going to end with Regina giving Dark Pegasus another hug, and Dark Pegasus acting rather put upon, but also accepting the hug, because he's been more of a father to Regina in 5 minutes than Malle has been in Regina's entire life.

I still don't LIKE Regina all that much, but damn do I sympathize for her going through the hell that is having a narcissist as a parent.

I wouldn't inflict a narcissist or a narcissistic parent on the worst of people, let alone anyone who ISN'T the worst of people.

Honestly? For as much as Dark Pegasus is a murderer and is attempting to conquer kingdoms, he's STILL a better parental figure than Malle because he's ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF CARING ABOUT OTHERS.

Yeah. Malle hits a nerve with me. I hate him, openly, and I don't like hating or using the word hate.

EDIT: I can't tell exactly when Regina left, but my guess is that she left rather late in the conversation.

EDIT2: Also, Dark Pegasus looked so thoughtful and subdued in the last panel, like it's really sinking in how right Regina was about her father, and how much that's affected her over the years.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Strebenherz

Pardon rambly writing, it's insomnia o clock so this may meander more than it should.

Reread the last few comics and realized (at least for me, can't speak for others) why Malle hits such a nerve.  Dark Pegasus is a villain out to conquer the world and murder all those who stand before him with his unholy dark plans.  Out to murder you and your loved ones and take over the world too maybe.
Malle is that jerk we've all run into or perhaps have unfortunately had to deal with, and want to strangle every time they open their mouth.  It's an odd mix of villain that fits well within the story meeting a jerkface from real life.
Though DP seems to have tabled world conquering for a bit to take care of Regina.  Interesting to see DP changing and adapting over time. 
You all take care.  Pardon the rambling. 

Nightmask

Quote from: Strebenherz on May 21, 2021, 08:07:22 AM
Pardon rambly writing, it's insomnia o clock so this may meander more than it should.

Reread the last few comics and realized (at least for me, can't speak for others) why Malle hits such a nerve.  Dark Pegasus is a villain out to conquer the world and murder all those who stand before him with his unholy dark plans.  Out to murder you and your loved ones and take over the world too maybe.
Malle is that jerk we've all run into or perhaps have unfortunately had to deal with, and want to strangle every time they open their mouth.  It's an odd mix of villain that fits well within the story meeting a jerkface from real life.
Though DP seems to have tabled world conquering for a bit to take care of Regina.  Interesting to see DP changing and adapting over time. 
You all take care.  Pardon the rambling.

Well when DP took off with Regina after his latest resurrection he was quite clear when she brought it up that it would take likely decades of proper planning before he starts working on his next world-conquering plan.  Keep in mind he's super-meticulous and after he screwed up his first plan with his 'raise an army of undead' due to getting hasty at the last moment he's going even slower and more careful for his more recent plans.

He also while evil has that 'care about family' component and with Regina in his care he will tend to that with the same degree of care and meticulousness as he puts into his world-conquering plans.  There doesn't seem to be anything hasty or impulsive about him (obviously his desire to kill her father is well-developed based on what kind of individual her father is).