2021-4-05 [DMFA #2036] - Miles to go before I strop

Started by MT Hazard, April 05, 2021, 09:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

"President Skroob: The ship is too big. If I walk, the movie will be over." (Spaceballs)

Personally I would have taken the opportunity during a long walk to think over what I was going to say, consider if I was doing the right thing. But this is Malle we are talking about, chances are he didn't neither of those things.

Also, what was the second time D.P was killed? Was that in comic?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ProfesseurRenard

I recall one of his showdowns with Dan getting the voiceover treatment (*salutes Tapewolf*), but I'm unsure which number death that was.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 05, 2021, 09:20:49 AM
Also, what was the second time D.P was killed? Was that in comic?

Dan's tendency to shun magic would suggest that someone else was responsible for that kill.  After all, DP's doings have made him a lot of enemies: in p.921 he lists a couple, and those might only be some groups of undead who have it in for him.  He didn't exactly make himself popular with the kingdom of H-Ann, we know he had a feud with Biggs and there's probably a whole bunch of others besides.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

That wing over Regina is some very protective body language on display.

Aliph is not going to let Malle take Regina away unless he's convinced that he's gotten his act together. Malle has an uphill battle on his hands.

Cassi-kun

I'd be interested in some background on Aliph as a side story some day. We know he's Dan's enemy and that there are certain Undead out to get him, it would be interesting to learn more about him.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tuyu

Considering how important he considers appearances, I'm shocked he didn't stop outside for five minutes to catch his breath...   :nod   Shocked, I say.

...did he lose his nametag? 

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tuyu on April 06, 2021, 01:55:26 AM
Considering how important he considers appearances, I'm shocked he didn't stop outside for five minutes to catch his breath...   :nod   Shocked, I say.

Huh... now you mention it, I'm not seeing the hologram that's been rearranged to say 'llaMa-lobed Dork' either...

The One Guy

Quote from: Tuyu on April 06, 2021, 01:55:26 AM

He was wearing the nametag because "[He] was informed there are some in this city who may not know who [he is]."  Since everyone here knows him, he doesn't have need of it.

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

InhumanInterest

I'm not surprised he didn't take time to collect himself. I know once I get a head of steam up I can go on a soliloqous rant for hours straight while walking. So I imagine the whole walk was spent ranting to himself either about the anticipated situation or about the long walk.

P.S. I'm afraid this comic pushes a dangerous point. We may have to accept that Regina is cute.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: InhumanInterest on April 08, 2021, 07:13:35 PM
I'm not surprised he didn't take time to collect himself. I know once I get a head of steam up I can go on a soliloqous rant for hours straight while walking. So I imagine the whole walk was spent ranting to himself either about the anticipated situation or about the long walk.

P.S. I'm afraid this comic pushes a dangerous point. We may have to accept that Regina is cute.

So, a bit like this, then?: https://youtu.be/TmYNwvxzSb0
Obviously, minus the calm bit at the end.

Tarakona

Aliph has shown himself a caring and alert guardian. I hope Regina doesn't let Malle talk her into leaving. For once in her life (if I remember correctly) she is thriving under a competent mentor.

InhumanInterest

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 08, 2021, 08:21:02 PM
So, a bit like this, then?: https://youtu.be/TmYNwvxzSb0
Obviously, minus the calm bit at the end.

Close enough, I'm a bit more high energy than that, but yeah.

Tuyu

Quote from: Tarakona on April 10, 2021, 11:16:40 AM
Aliph has shown himself a caring and alert guardian. I hope Regina doesn't let Malle talk her into leaving. For once in her life (if I remember correctly) she is thriving under a competent mentor.
Two mentors. Don't shortchange Viv.