Street Fighter

Started by Nikki, September 30, 2006, 08:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

i looked through all threads and saw no street fighter.

INJUSTICE!!

i am proud to say that the very first video game i EVER played was Street fighter II, and i was always either Blanka, Ryu or Chun-Li.

I would like to know if there is a way for me to find that game on the internet so i can play it again. i would still be playing it, but, after many years, my Super nintendo has finally died

*moment of silence for my Super nintendo*

and does anyone know where i can find a Super nintendo that WORKS?

oh, and Discuss Street Fighter with me as well ^w^

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

xHaZxMaTx

Your Super Nintendo died?!  D:  NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry

You can go to GameTap.com and see if they Street Fighter there, but you have to pay for a subsription...
As for buying a new SNES, I don't think it'd be that hard to find (Ebay, Amazon, garage/yard sales, flea markets...).

Gareeku

YAY! Street Fighter!!! I should have made this topic a long time ago. XD

I used to have Street Fighter 2 Turbo on my Snes...until i sold it. >.>

The most likely place you'll get a Snes now is either in a second hand computer game store, or on eBay.

So here's my question to anybody who's posting in this thread; What's your favourite version of Street Fighter? eg. any of the street fighter 2 games, street fighter 3 games, street fighter alpha games etc.

My favourite Street Fighter games would have to be:

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - A really great game. So many characters, and such BALANCED characters too. Hours of fun!

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike -  A truely brilliant game. It was only available on the Sega Dreamcast until it was re-released with Hyper Street Fighter 2 on the PS2 in the "StreetFighter 2: Anniversary edition". Really great gameplay an characters, as expected, but what really made me fall in love with this game was the animation of the sprites. Dear GOD, sooooooo frickin' SMOOTH. Absolutely brilliant. The one reason why i still have my dreamcast to this day!

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: Okay, so it's not officially a street fighter game, but it had street fighter characters in it. Anyways, i never thought i'd see this many characters in a fighting game! So many! This is the ULTIMATE crossover fighting game, in my opinion. Pitting Marvel Characters against Street Fighter characters is so much fun! A truely AWESOME beat 'em up.

Capcom vs. SNK 2: While not as good as Marvel vs. Capcom 2, it is still a great game, even though some characters are definitely "better" than others. But on the other hand, that's part of the challenge, isn't it? This is the ultimate crossover game of people who are big fans of the Capcom and SNK fighting games. A game which i still play the hell out of to this day. Plus, it has the best sprites in a crossover, in my opinion (only second to the street fighter 3 sprites). Don't get me wrong, the Street Fighter Alpha sprites are great, but the CvsS sprites just appeal to me more.

So...um...yeah.... >.>

Nikki

>> i've only played 2..

mah daddy got worried about me cuz i started kicking people and i told him i wanted to grow up to be Chun-Li...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Jack McSlay

yay street fighter!!! i'd kick ass with Zangief, Alex, Ibuki, Bison or Dan anyday  >:3

I think the best series if SF3.

SFA3 is great too but the notoriously bad move detection is a pain. it needs a miracle to pull off a final atomic buster.

and you can find all SF you need here:

http://www.emuasylum.com/
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

King Of Hearts

Im still waiting for a proper sequel... and not another Street fighter [insert number] + [Insert subtitle]

I liked 3rd Strike if only they would just nerf Urien a bit so he wouldnt be such a tourney favorite.

Zangief and Hugo FTW!

Nikki

Chun-li will always be my fave ^^

well, her and Cammy >>

Gareeku

It's all about Akuma. Soooo badass.

Also, Oro from Street Fighter 3. Anybody who fights with one arm to give others a fair fight is a total badass in my book.

Nikki

Gareeku

Jack McSlay

unfortunately (?) you'll need a DC or a PS2 to play SF3.... or at least a big arcade house near to your house  :mowdizzy

I personally didn't get it... Capcom worked extra hard to do the anims for the game, toe the point it's comparable to very few other games (such as Garou: mark of the wolves)... and then puts it on a limited amount of platforms

Leafar

i can't believe no1 mentioned her!!!!!you infidels!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYKo4ATRsc <--------DEATH!

Nikki

*innocence*

Who's that?   :3

Aridas

Quote from: Leafar on October 02, 2006, 06:57:04 AM

maybe because we DON'T CARE?

Nikki

no fighting in my thread.

:kruger

Leafar

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 02, 2006, 10:19:20 AM
*innocence*

Who's that?  :3

Makoto was born in sf3 3rd strike, but by the looks of it, (also how many dudes drool for her style) i think she is there to stay...not so popular as your chun-li, but in some years...yeah...

Nikki

>> Chun-Li could kick her to the curb.

SHA!

Gareeku

Ah yes, darling Makoto. A kickass character if you know how to use her. She was originally meant to be designed as Ryu's sister, but due to the fact that it would clash with Ryu being an only child orphan who was taken in (and trained, obviously) by his master, Gouken (the parents are unknown), unsurprisingly they decided to scrap that just make her a separate character entirely.

Aridas

she coulda been a long lost sister. You know how those stories go. "WOT?! SISTER? But I'm an only child! sis :< *happy ending*"

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Leafar on October 02, 2006, 06:57:04 AM

makoto is cool indeed but out of SF3-spawned girls my prize still goes to Elena, she's got some neat moves and tall women = win.

but my fave char of SF3 overall (maybe the whole SF series, competing with Dan) would have to be Alex, he kicks some serious butto

Jim Halisstrad

Gareeku

Nikki

*goes all fan-girly on Chun-Li and Ryu*

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Destina Faroda

No love for Rose?  What a shame.

<--  Jedah loves her so much he's willing to cosplay as her. ;)
Sig coming...whenever...

King Of Hearts

Im rather creeped out that Bison is using her body after Alpha...

what IS up with that!? Why does Bison even bother with using the FEMALE dolls as his next body?

Rose in Namco x Capcom however? IMPRESSIVE. Just put her between two or three high MP bosses without Psychic immunity then cast WORLD on your team members then regenerate her MP with SOUL STEAL. I had once had three full turns of my entire team before the enemy could get a chance to attack.

I like Elena, though I rarely see anyone being good with her. She's easier to use than Oro and Necro, 'ats fer sure but she doesnt really stand out. Even during the first SFIII, most of her thunder as female participant was stolen by more competetive Ibuki.

Dudley is also a good fighter, while he has no kicks, he can mix it up with strength and speed quite efficiently. They need to change his Cross Counter so it wouldnt take any damage though to make him perfect... its annoying.

Motoko... she feels like Seth from King of Fighters, quite effective to use but has very boring moves. In truth Id rather they just put in a grown up Sakura in 3rd strike instead.

Leafar

*ahem*
--->MAKOTO<---

Seth sux, he is boring because he sux...but Makoto came to show how strong a girl can be...(sakura always was a -----> )

i mean...sakura...when victorious (almost never) dancing like a teenager...ok...i don't have the crappest idea how a fighter can be so plain...and the moves? R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S and uneffective...slow...pretty awesomely slow...and obvious...it is as often to win as her as it is to win as dan...two dumbasses that only came to show how SNK is superior to capcom...
storyline, bosses, challenge...everything...but Makoto surely is a exception...extremely interesting character...her story, dojo's and old school stuffs, fast as hell, strong, killer combos, UNPREDICTABLE, and sometimes even cheater!i see why she is so popular in brazilian arcades, the best right shot from capcom after Akuma/Gouki that's for sure...

Gareeku

1. Uh, dude, Sakura danced like a teenager because she was a teenager, hence the japanese school uniform she wears. In my opinion. And how the hell was she slow? O_o Sakura is not a crap character. While she may not be as powerful as others, her moves can be pretty effective if you know how to use them. Her take on the shoryuken (i forget the name she gave it) is pretty effective, in my opinion. Plus she has some pretty good super combos too. I really hope they reintroduce her as a grown up in a sequel...if capcom ever get round to making/releasing it, that is...

2. I thought this was pretty obvious, but Dan is a goof character. Goof characters often aren't that strong, surprisingly. Dan is a mockery of Ryo and Robert Garcia from the Art Of Fighting series (made by SNK).

3. Please do not come into a Street Fighter thread be all "LOL SNK is superior to capcom". This will only cause bad feeling, including my own as i am quite the Street Fighter fan, and I personally don't want that in here.

Leafar

i like street fighter myself too..and i know sakura is a teenager that wasn't my point dude...
and i also know what dan is WHAT  i mentioned was he was weak...so is sakura...that's why she was dumped...and sakura IS slow...you can never hit one of those fireballs in some REAL opponent...as for someone that makes part in almost all championships in my state and already won 7 ( :> ) i think i can say sakura is slow, i would never be beaten by her...none real player could be...as for snk vs capcom, deal with it...it was only my opinion demonstrated, as my rights grant me to power to do so as long i don't affect others rights...
i am sorry if you don't agree, i wish i could come up with better and more polite/nice things to say, but i can't...but honestly, this thread isn't your house so...

Gareeku

Quote from: Leafar on October 04, 2006, 07:02:43 AMas for someone that makes part in almost all championships in my state and already won 7 ( :> )

Forgive me for being a pessimistic asshole, but i don't believe you. Unless I see evidence, that is. It's just the way I am.

Another question for those participating in this thread: Who is the character hardest to master (in your opinion)?

Leafar

i don't usually care for likes of people like you but you can ask JackMcslay...
and master? :3 geez you're so narrow minded...there is no such a thing:

a real fighter is always learning! ;)