2020-12-13 [DMFA #2023] Anagram Time!

Started by Rafe, December 13, 2020, 10:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Being the type who looks for the unusual details in comics (like a lot of Amber's fans, I'm sure), looking at the last panel, Gyrras is out of view, except for his hands, which seem to be rearranging the letters in Malle's name tag. (If I come up with a good anagram of Malle's name, I'll edit it in here.)

This has also got me thinking about Malle's occupation - having a secretary and all. I remember seeing the Demon family tree a while back, but I'm too lazy to find it to check it for details. What finally occurred to me is how many demons seem to have carreers as government bureaucrats and administrators. Seems very fitting.
Rafe

Drakkenmensch

You could spell "A bold lame dork" with an extra L left over!

Tuyu

You can get so many anagrams from his name. I found a generator and only had time to skim.

drama bloke lold
llama lobed dork
karma be odd loll
a model dork ball

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tuyu on December 14, 2020, 01:20:42 AM
You can get so many anagrams from his name. I found a generator and only had time to skim.

drama bloke lold
llama lobed dork
karma be odd loll
a model dork ball

Lmao "DraMa bloke lold" and "a Model Dork ball" are good ones.

Drako

This is only the second comic he's in, and I already wanna throttle him. 

Howl

At least he got rid of that stupid buzz-cut.

Radagast

Quote from: Rafe on December 13, 2020, 10:47:13 PM
I remember seeing the Demon family tree a while back, but I'm too lazy to find it to check it for details.

Here you go.  Malle Darkblood, husband of Cori Viscerante, father of Regina and Tolas Darkblood.  First cousin of Aliph and Kria Soulstealer. 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Tuyu

Gee, Malle looked practically respectable back then. Musta been his college yearbook photo.

Kinda wish that pic had live/dead tags. Was that discussed?

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tuyu on December 14, 2020, 11:19:39 PM
Gee, Malle looked practically respectable back then. Musta been his college yearbook photo.

Abel says at one point that the person currently in charge is Tina Soulstealer, who Amber said in the forums was Hakinoor's sister, followed by DP then Kria. So Hakinoor and Kelir are pretty much confirmed dead, but as for the rest it kind of depends on how Demons do succession.

Because when I first read that the person currently in charge was Hakinoor's sister instead of thinking that Hakinoor had never been in charge, which I was likely supposed to, for some reason I thought it meant that it went through all the siblings in a generation before passing to descendants. If that's the case then both Hona and Kosi would be dead too but that's just based on my, likely, misreading of the situation.

Hariman

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on December 13, 2020, 11:07:07 PM
You could spell "A bold lame dork" with an extra L left over!

If it's a lowercase "L", it could be used to underline "dork"
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Carmeops

you guys are only scratching the surface here
the font is important!

look at that M, look at that R, you can split split them and rearrange into N I P and the N can be flipped into a U
as for the multiple L, they can easily become J, and the E can become C with the - added to a L to form a F

so he could be:

Kill Adobe Upload
Bad Jail Pool Duke
Bk Lolicon Dad Fap

the anagram website i was using stopped because i used too much, so i'm stopping here, the last one is not perfect either

I like the idea that the font plays a role. Also note that M and E are (almost) the same symbol just rotated 90 degrees.

Hodgelett

Abel's politics is from 375 years ago. Note Devin's explanation here to Abel of the undead and DP/Aliph says "the role of leadership was given to his younger cousin" http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1552.php so at one point he was supposed to be a leader of Zinuth, Malle got that high up position, young Kria 'worked' her way up to an actual role with responsibilities with a hefty dose of nepotism.

Quote from: WhyNot? on December 15, 2020, 01:22:24 AM
Quote from: Tuyu on December 14, 2020, 11:19:39 PM

Abel says at one point that the person currently in charge is Tina Soulstealer, who Amber said in the forums was Hakinoor's sister, followed by DP then Kria. So Hakinoor and Kelir are pretty much confirmed dead, but as for the rest it kind of depends on how Demons do succession.

Because when I first read that the person currently in charge was Hakinoor's sister instead of thinking that Hakinoor had never been in charge, which I was likely supposed to, for some reason I thought it meant that it went through all the siblings in a generation before passing to descendants. If that's the case then both Hona and Kosi would be dead too but that's just based on my, likely, misreading of the situation.

Carmeops

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on December 17, 2020, 04:02:28 PM
I like the idea that the font plays a role. Also note that M and E are (almost) the same symbol just rotated 90 degrees.
true, the N U C are the same letter

i found a new one, when the K annoyed me, but i found a way to get rid of it:

Bad Piflak Donjon
or
a Piflak Dodo Club

he could also remove some letters altogether, it's not forced to use them all

Boo Clan Piflak
the last one might even make sense, to protest against her clan hiring his daughter