2020-10-13 [DMFA #2015] Seeing vs caring

Started by Tapewolf, October 13, 2020, 04:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

A well-reasoned reply from Kria.  Then again, I suspect this sort of thing has happened numerous times before.
Also, note the little Jin clan symbol by one of the doors.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

I hope the symbol means we get to see Mink's dad agaaaaiiiin!!

Hoodoo

Wow! The extra effort on the pages really shows off! Full body shots and backgrounds lend so much to the dynamism of the pages. I really am thrilled they've made a comeback in the recent once-a-week updates!

Also Kria's 'talking to a gradeschooler' persona is really paying off here. She has a ton of experience with this, it seems.

InhumanInterest

I love how bizarre it feels whenever Kria is the calm and mature one in a conversation.

Quote from: Merlin on October 13, 2020, 05:44:58 AM
I hope the symbol means we get to see Mink's dad agaaaaiiiin!!

I think we can all agree to that sentiment

Tuyu

In the bodyguard business, personal feelings are job...hmm...nope, nope, nope...fourteen?

Abel-needs-a-hug

I've read the whole comic, and the side comics, and Project Future and it's side comics, and I still can't remember Mink's dad. Link, please? Or at least point to a chapter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Abel-needs-a-hug on October 14, 2020, 03:38:17 AM
I've read the whole comic, and the side comics, and Project Future and it's side comics, and I still can't remember Mink's dad. Link, please? Or at least point to a chapter.

I'm assuming page 1757.

InhumanInterest

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: InhumanInterest on October 18, 2020, 11:37:55 AM
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1757.php

I think they show up a few other times in the hospital scenes too.

I can definitely see a resemblance to Mink, but do we have proof positive that's his dad?

YBlu

killpurakat

I think Amber confirmed that the lilac mythos doc is Mink's father in one of the author's notes under the comic (or maybe in a message here? Can't recall which).

Also, that clan symbol looks like it is on a plaque, which, if it is similar to hospitals in the US and Canada, is likely less linked to Mink's father specifically and more of a dedication in the hospital itself, probably for the creation/building of it. Those are some big doors too, which might be their own ward/wing, so it could be talking about the commission of said area of the hospital. "This is the X Ward and was made possible by the efforts of Y from Clan Jin," or something like that.

InhumanInterest

That or, and I'm aware this isn't exactly likely given the nature of that clan, it's along the same line as gang signs or security stickers where it's to warn people who they're picking a fight with if they start something.

Tuyu

I wonder if this hospital is connected with the children's hospital that apparently didn't get built four hundred years or so ago because of Aniz. (Abel's Story Part Two Page 8 ). That would make Abel being a patient there somewhat...interesting?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on October 20, 2020, 12:42:06 AM
I wonder if this hospital is connected with the children's hospital that apparently didn't get built four hundred years or so ago because of Aniz. (Abel's Story Part Two Page 8 ). That would make Abel being a patient there somewhat...interesting?

Page 1948 is pertinent to this, where Aary brings Cyra up to date.  It took them a few centuries for things to calm down, but as Aary puts it, "Jin's clan has a hospital in Zinvth now."