2020-08-03 [DMFA #2003] - The dangers of meeting your heroes

Started by Tapewolf, August 03, 2020, 04:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

When you meet someone you greatly admire there is a paranoid tendency to come away afterwards thinking "Oops, they must think I'm a complete idiot" or "Did they really mean that?  Are they just being nice?"  In most cases this is just paranoia.

In Aary's case, she may be about to find out for sure, and from what we've seen of Destania through our fourth-wall view, it's unlikely to be good.  Of course, Aary knows this which is why she's worried.
That said, Destania clearly didn't destroy them before leaving.  Which might mean that she didn't care, or it might be deliberate ploy, given the grand scheme of her plans - in which case what she's written might not be entirely true.  (Not that her grand plans have been without error - witness her recent miscalculation regarding Cyra)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dard

MT Hazard

And the saddest fear
Comes creepin' in
That you never loved me
Or her
Or anyone
Or anything
Yeah

(I Knew You Were Trouble,Taylor Swift)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ProfesseurRenard

Tuyu

techmaster-glitch

Well. Dan has been leveling up a lot lately. I guess we know now he's put every one of his statpoints into Wis, because holy shit that insight. (Really, he's been nailing it SO MUCH since Cyra's breakdown.)

InhumanInterest

I think it's pretty up in the air what's going to be written about Aary. But personally I'd say there's a decent chance she's not even mentioned in the documents, or at least not in any detail. Other traits aside Destania is a planner and the two most likely to read her notes would've been Aary and Fa'lina. Fa'lina would already know a lot of that stuff so there wouldn't be much need to censor her thoughts so it's possible the notes have omitted Aary in order to keep her as a possible tool/ally. Though by the same reasoning those notes sound like a good way to prime the pump on bringing Aary to her side so it's possible they'll contain glowing endorsement of her potential.

Regardless there's really good odds that whatever is in those notes is intended more to color the perceptions of the reader than to act as a reminder to their author.