2020-07-10 [DMFA #2000] - Y2K but it's cool again

Started by Merlin, July 10, 2020, 04:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

HAPPY 2,000 COMICS YOU DID IT!!!!

also I appreciate all those stairs, they look good, stairs are a pain to draw

Lying Foo

I... think... this has something to do with the fact that the last time he was here, it was to kill her for fun?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

MT Hazard

It occurs to me that considering the age difference Dan and Arry have a kind of Intergenerational Friendship going on (Relevent link). I do wonder how staying young for so long effects how creatures grow and mature though.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 10, 2020, 04:35:35 AM
I... think... this has something to do with the fact that the last time he was here, it was to kill her for fun?

Perhaps, but they did agree to reset their relationship so that should be water under the bridge, especially since Dan's recently been reevaluating all that with a fresh perspective.  It wouldn't be sensible to interfere with that process and Aary should be mature enough to understand that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kalatash

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 10, 2020, 04:35:35 AM

This comment made me go back to read what lead up to that encounter, and it was not "for fun". Though Dan decided to go on an adventure for fun (he was bummed by other things), the specifics were given like it was an actual (investigative) job that Azlan was going on.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Sofox

Congrats on 2000th comic! A fantastic achievement and an amazing journey that's been going along for the majority of my life at this point, not to mention having influenced my life in many ways.

Wishing you the very best Amber! Thank you!

Angel

This strip was so cute I had to post about it. Happy 2000 strips Amber!!!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Somebodyelse

Damn, 2000 pages. I want to say something meaningful here, but all I can come up is waxing nostalgic about remembering when it was only in the 100's.

This comic has been a daily to weekly internet habit of mine for the last 18+ years. Here's to hoping it can continue to be so for a good long time.

YBlu

Since everyone else is commenting, I too shall congratulate Amber on hitting page #2000. I've only been here since the #1920's or 30's, so my experience isn't that nostalgic, but it's been a lot of fun nonetheless.
The next milestone could be when the page number matches the current year which, if everything goes well, should happen by the end of 2020.

MT Hazard

I remember thinking comic 1000 was a big achievement. Of course the big 2k isn't counting the side stories, anyone know the total number of DMFA comics produced?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

CanisWolfred

Wow, I've been following DMFA since 2008, but I didn't notice there was a forum until today. Now that I think about it, this is one of the few comics I've read from back then that's still going, and definitely the only one with a continuous story. So with that in mind: congratulations on reaching 2k strips! It's been quite the ride so far, and as always, I'm looking forward to more.

Cassi-kun

Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!