2020-06-19 [DMFA #1995] - Careful what you wish for

Started by Tapewolf, June 19, 2020, 06:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

In theory Dan should be used to carrying people - injured, unconscious, dead... that's going to be a big part of adventuring.  In practice he seems to be struggling a bit.  Maybe just supporting her would be a better idea...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

YBlu

Let's just hope he can hold, cause it wouldn't be the first time he's gotten buried by Matty (1917) or other chicks (881)

Rafe

Everything else aside, that last "Go Team Us" panel is very nicely composed. It stands on its own as a work of art.

I think I'll use it as a screensaver.
Rafe

YBlu

Agreed, and Amber's ability to draw funny facial expressions makes it a hundred times better

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Radagast

Honestly, I imagine that Aary probably fared a bit better than most would, given that her own clan tends to have a pain affinity. 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Tuyu

Rafe

I had to get this out of my head.
Sorry.
Rafe

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 19, 2020, 06:56:03 AM
In theory Dan should be used to carrying people - injured, unconscious, dead... that's going to be a big part of adventuring.  In practice he seems to be struggling a bit.  Maybe just supporting her would be a better idea...

Matilda is pretty big and dense so it makes sense he'd be struggling with her on his back and carrying Aary. Also he's more of a fencer/swordsman so just carrying one person is probably enough since if he had to carry more whatever happened went horribly wrong.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Reeves_Dove

Quote from: Jasonrevall on June 20, 2020, 08:11:44 AM

Matilda is pretty big and dense so it makes sense he'd be struggling with her on his back and carrying Aary. Also he's more of a fencer/swordsman so just carrying one person is probably enough since if he had to carry more whatever happened went horribly wrong.

My guess is that it has less to do with Matilda being big and dense, and more to do with Matilda unexpectedly climbing on him like that and doing it in a way where the load on Dan's back is now weighted heavily to one side. All the strength in the world won't help if the load's balanced wrong, after all!

Reeves_Dove

Quote from: Reeves_Dove on June 20, 2020, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: Jasonrevall on June 20, 2020, 08:11:44 AM

My guess is that it has less to do with Matilda being big and dense, and more to do with Matilda unexpectedly climbing on him like that and doing it in a way where the load on Dan's back is now weighted heavily to one side. All the strength in the world won't help if the load's balanced wrong, after all!

Edit:

Quote from: Radagast on June 19, 2020, 12:50:54 PM
Honestly, I imagine that Aary probably fared a bit better than most would, given that her own clan tends to have a pain affinity.

Aary probably did fare a lot better than most would, yeah. And her clan has, historically, been good allies with Cyra's - which means that she's probably relatively well attuned to Cyra's energies. That said, it does look like most people would have been flattened by that; from the sounds of it, Aary certainly expects that Dan would have been flattened (or at least completely useless) if she hadn't stepped in like that and there's no reason to believe that she's wrong about it. She's earned looking like she got run over by a moose, really.

Jasonrevall

When Matilda is sprawled out its pretty clear that on her hind legs she's bigger than Dan so she probably weights quite a bit and has dense muscles considering her species is so strong. I'm pretty sure she's heavier than you think. I could be wrong though.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.