2020-04-6 [DMFA #1979] Mental redecoration

Started by MT Hazard, April 06, 2020, 08:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

(Turns out the last one was actually 1978, opps.)

Well, it looks like Dan is getting a decent hold on dream re-sculpting already if he can do this. I think of this as more proof that despite others perception of him, he is a quick learner when he wants to be.

Edit: Also, what happened to the clockwork mansion website? This is the first time I've managed to access it in days.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 06, 2020, 08:10:41 AM
Edit: Also, what happened to the clockwork mansion website? This is the first time I've managed to access it in days.

There was a server upgrade, and it caused a few knock-on problems.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2020, 08:51:36 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 06, 2020, 08:10:41 AM

There was a server upgrade, and it caused a few knock-on problems.

Oof... Feels good to be back in.

Radagast

I begin to worry about how long this is taking outside of their headspace.  The room was kinda on the brink of explosive decompression when they started this mental excursion.
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

joshofspam

Quote from: Radagast on April 06, 2020, 08:49:25 PM
I begin to worry about how long this is taking outside of their head-space.  The room was kinda on the brink of explosive decompression when they started this mental excursion.
I guess to an extent it matters how much time actually travels in a mindscape how much Cyra can stretch herself mentally between a dream-walk and interacting with the real world and if she's still making things between worst and better.

For all we know, counter-measures may have been put in-place to offset a much smaller but similar disaster. For all we know, Dan might be surround by a crowd of this station Mythos wearing space suits glaring at him while tapping their feet impatiently. All the while waiting to all yell at him "Well!"

Though I do also find myself wondering if Dan is making an assumption here. Is Dan making the mistake that Destania contacted his grandma because of him? I do believe it was Abel's dad that got that protection.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 10, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
Though I do also find myself wondering if Dan is making an assumption here. Is Dan making the mistake that Destania contacted his grandma because of him? I do believe it was Abel's dad that got that protection.

He was told as much on p.1597, so it depends how much he remembers from Fa'Lina's talk.  Since it was a conversation about his mother which he instigated and promised to pay attention to, there's a fair chance it stuck.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

InhumanInterest

I wonder if it is Dan getting a hang of it though, given that he got an assist in getting to this location to begin with, I wouldn't be surprised if the redecoration was just a part of her helping him project expectations onto the dreamscape.