Halo Wars

Started by xHaZxMaTx, September 27, 2006, 04:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Info from another forum.

Quote from: 2furioRevealed:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158816.html?tag=topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot

Official Site:
http://www.halowars.com/

All signs point to it being an Xbox360 exclusive but Worthplaying and Gamespot report that it will also come to the PC:

As quoted from Gamespot:
Ensemble Studios making real-time strategy based on Bungie's money-making first-person shooter for Xbox 360s and PCs

As quoted from Worthplaying:
'Halo Wars' (X360/PC) Revealed: Microsoft and Bungie are working with Ensemble Studios, known for Age of Empires series, on Halo Wars for the PC and Xbox 360.

So it's like Halo + C&C.  That's sexiliciously awesome.

Supercheese

OMG.

QuoteQ: Why is "Halo" being made into an RTS game?
    A: Warthogs are cool. Scorpions are cool. Controlling lots of Warthogs and Scorpions and sending them into battle is really, really cool.

HECK YES!

... I think my brain just short-curcuited from the awesome.

Spartan rush FTW.

Aridas

Arcalane

Quote from: Supercheese on September 27, 2006, 05:01:30 PM
OMG.

QuoteQ: Why is "Halo" being made into an RTS game?
    A: Warthogs are cool. Scorpions are cool. Controlling lots of Warthogs and Scorpions and sending them into battle is really, really cool.

HECK YES!

... I think my brain just short-curcuited from the awesome.

Spartan rush FTW.

KEKEKEKE SPARTAN RUSH ^_______________________________________________^

insanekaosx

Okay, my initial reaction was "Lame attempt at omgzmoremonies."

But after that FAQ snippit there.... Nice.

I've never been a Halo fan, but I might look into this one. Might.

Cvstos

I expected this ever since Microsoft sent a "cease and desist" letter to the makers of Halogen, a C&C Generals mod that basically converted the game into a Halo RTS.  MS says the two events are unrelated.  Riiiiiiiiight.....
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Supercheese

I have the Halo books - I think they're basing this game off the Fall of Reach (in part, at least.)

That would be very, very cool.  :)

xHaZxMaTx

That would be very cool indeed, since that's before most of the Spartans died.

Supercheese

Technically, there's a number of them (aside from Master Cheif) still alive in the Halo 2 timeframe...

... at least according to First Strike. I never did figure that out entirely... the Halo 2 plot confused me a bit.

xHaZxMaTx

I never played Halo 2, it's only for XBox. :cry  Though at the end of Halo: The Flood, which is also the end of the Game, if I'm not mistaken, Master Chief winds up with Sgt. Johnson, a few marines, and another Spartan (Kelly, I believe) in cryo-sleep from severe plasma injuries in a Pelican.  Then in Fist Strike, MC meets up with a few more Spartans (don't remember who), but that's all taking place between Halo and Halo 2.

Supercheese

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on September 27, 2006, 06:46:20 PM
I never played Halo 2, it's only for XBox. :cry  Though at the end of Halo: The Flood, which is also the end of the Game, if I'm not mistaken, Master Chief winds up with Sgt. Johnson, a few marines, and another Spartan (Kelly, I believe) in cryo-sleep from severe plasma injuries in a Pelican.  Then in Fist Strike, MC meets up with a few more Spartans (don't remember who), but that's all taking place between Halo and Halo 2.

Precisely, but they don't mention any of the other Spartans in Halo 2. Granted, one of them (one of the females) gets spirited away on an unknown mission, but that leaves a few more...

Also, Cortana spent tons of time inside a Covenant cruiser, so she should have all their technical data...

And Sgt. Johnson has some kind of blood disorder that counters the Flood... not mentioned in Halo 2.

Gah, my grammar/sentence structure is reflecting my confused state...

Arcalane

Not blood disorder, neural disorder. It's apparently a result of overexposure to plasma grenades or some crap like that when all he had to fend off some Covenant was a box full of aforementioned plasma grenades. Basically buggered up his neural pathways which stops the Flood from interfacing with him and taking him over. No other noticeable sideeffects however.

Here it is, courtesy of the Library;

Quote from: Johnson's Supposed HistorySgt. A.J. Johnson has been fighting the Covenant since he was old enough to join the Marines. After joining, he was assigned to the troop regiments on Paris IV. When the Covenant attacked the planet in the Siege of Paris IV, Sgt. Johnson fought valiantly. He captured a crate of plasma grenades from the Covenant when his troops needed weapons and used them all against the Covenant to keep them at bay so his troops could evacuate. After they returned to Reach for reassignment, doctors discovered an unusual side effect of using so many plasma grenades: a type of radiation poisoning called Boren's Syndrome had affected Sgt. Johnson's neural electric pathways. He refused treatment, and this ultimately helped him in the future.

After being assigned to the Pillar of Autumn and her secret mission, he took command of the Marines on board. He was instrumental in helping keep the Marines effective even after they were marooned on the ring-world Halo. He was presumed dead after Spartan-117 found a helmet recorder entry from PFC Wallace Jenkins that displayed a parasitic organism, The Flood, attacked Sgt. Johnson, Captain Keyes, and PFC Jenkins. After he had been recovered alive with other surviving members of the Pillar aboard a Pelican Dropship, it was discovered that the Sgt.'s medical condition was the cause for his survival, because the Flood could not force a match between it's neural pathways, and that of Sgt. Johnson's. He is currently still alive and on active duty.

Supercheese

Right, that thing. Maybe I need to re-read the book...  :mowdizzy

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Supercheese on September 27, 2006, 06:54:35 PM
Precisely, but they don't mention any of the other Spartans in Halo 2. Granted, one of them (one of the females) gets spirited away on an unknown mission, but that leaves a few more...
Not only that, but apparently the Spartan II's were already in action as soon as The Fall of Reach.  Though they're never mentioned as more than theories anywhere in any of the books or the games.  The earliest I heard of any Spartan II's in action was 2552.

Ah, here we are.  Petty Officer Second Class Spartan-458, A.K.A Nicole of the Spartan II project.  Not a character of Halo, but a spawn of Bungie, nonehteless.

Supercheese

Ah, yes, from DOA4. I never did know the story behind her. Meh, sounds overly contrived...

Cvstos

She was one of the slowest fighters in the game, but capable of dealing a great amount of damage.  She also had the coolest move in the game, bar none (at least, in my opinion).  She picked up her opponent, pulled out a plasma grenade, stuck it to them, and kicked them away.  BOOM!  Very awesome.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

ITOS

Quote from: Cvstos on September 27, 2006, 05:33:11 PM
I expected this ever since Microsoft sent a "cease and desist" letter to the makers of Halogen, a C&C Generals mod that basically converted the game into a Halo RTS.

I hate MS for that, they had been working for three years with that mod. :cry

Normaly I would be happy but now I'm not even sure if I should buy it. :(
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Wheres my acitvate halo ring button??