2019-09-23 [DMFA 1944] Meeting Cyra, again

Started by Cassi-kun, September 23, 2019, 04:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi-kun

Matilda makes the cutest faces, I swear...

The crystals are an interesting aesthetic touch. They add a sense of "other"-ness to the forest scene, especially with what seems to be a magic aura around them.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Tapewolf

In Project Future we call this "Blowing the scenery budget"...
...so I'm fully expecting the next few pages to be gradient-shaded corridor talk.

That said, I am definitely curious about the crystals, and whether they're compatible with Matilda.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dracologist

Rafe

the scale of the scenery is is very well done. There is only one thing needed to complete the effect -
There needs to be a little track with a cute little train circling around Cyra, and a small village for it to go through, and some bridges and tunnels - then it would be perfect.

In other developments, Matilda does seem especially impressed, to the point that she even seems to be effervescing some little magic bubbles.
Rafe

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 23, 2019, 04:47:10 PM
That said, I am definitely curious about the crystals, and whether they're compatible with Matilda.
It struck me that the crystals might be why she had such a reaction.

We actually don't know much about Matilda and magic. She sells enchanted items and buys the base stock herself, but is she the one who enchants them? If she has natural magic I'd assume that she can power up with magic crystals.

Shadow_B_Panther

I'm amazed at the scenery and have to say that Amber's skills have come a long way over the years. Great work as always.

Also, I am simply loving how Cyra has been and still is using the giant Fi like a pet cat.

Tuyu

Given her expression, I think she thinks they are.

And given that, it seems likely that Cyra has made a few changes for her guests. This could be a "perfect" environment for Dan and Mattie.

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Tuyu on September 24, 2019, 01:47:07 AM

And given that, it seems likely that Cyra has made a few changes for her guests. This could be a "perfect" environment for Dan and Mattie.

That or Dee's into the crystal healing fad. Well I guess in the universe with magic.. it might actually work?

e_voyager

As impressive as the scenery is especially with Kyra said he'll on that massive throne is Ben's talk of punching trees to make tree houses that caught my attention. If he can make a treehouse by punching a tree that puts him a couple notches up on my WTF meter
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Konnash

Quote from: Dracologist on September 23, 2019, 05:21:14 PM
Was that a minecraft reference?
I had no idea tree punching was a Minecraft thing (as I don't play it), it also happens on Ark: Survival Evolved, where you need punch trees for thatch (hurting yourself a bit) in the beginning, and used for the first structures and tools  :mowcookie

Wanderer

At the risk of driving poor Amber even further into echaustion and carpal tunnel syndrome, this looks like a beautiful scene for a wallpaper.

Quote from: e_voyager on September 25, 2019, 01:06:48 AM
As impressive as the scenery is especially with Kyra said he'll on that massive throne is Ben's talk of punching trees to make tree houses that caught my attention. If he can make a treehouse by punching a tree that puts him a couple notches up on my WTF meter

...I think you meant Cyra and Dan, but even with that I still can't make sense of your first sentence.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on September 24, 2019, 11:48:54 PM
Quote from: Tuyu on September 24, 2019, 01:47:07 AM

That or Dee's into the crystal healing fad. Well I guess in the universe with magic.. it might actually work?
Jin is such a powerful healer that simply being around her can cause wounds to heal, so crystals with healing abilities aren't too far of a stretch.

YawnPB

Considering what Dan's warp aci did the last time they were "upsized" to Wildy, the best place for them is on Cyra's lap where the damage "should" be containable.

Your comment about the crystals sparked a memory regarding Jyrras.  He was talking to a magical "cyborg" that used crystals as batteries.  I wonder if Cyra is doing something similar.  Or I'll second the motion that it's for the purpose of appealing to Matilda  :P

Been maybe a year since I last commented, not sure if this will even post  :B
Lurkus Wallflowerus

Tuyu

Quote from: YawnPB on September 25, 2019, 09:39:19 PM
Your comment about the crystals sparked a memory regarding Jyrras.  He was talking to a magical "cyborg" that used crystals as batteries.  I wonder if Cyra is doing something similar.  Or I'll second the motion that it's for the purpose of appealing to Matilda  :P
That would potentially be one and the same purpose, since Blue Volcano mythos were sustained by their environment (though whether the crystals were the source or result of the available energy...)

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: YawnPB on September 25, 2019, 09:39:19 PM
Considering what Dan's warp aci did the last time they were "upsized" to Wildy, the best place for them is on Cyra's lap where the damage "should" be containable.

Refresh me memory, would ye kindly?

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E