25/Sep/06 so typical

Started by Jack McSlay, September 24, 2006, 11:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel Dragonkitty

All dragons know that cubi are delicious and stay crispy in milk. But you have to get them when they are young; older cubi are full of arrogance and pride and you just can't cover the taste with any sause.

Joking aside, dragons are intelligent and consider themselves some sort of police force. If they've decided that cubis need to be kept in check (either by elimination or herd thinning) picking off the young is probably the easiest way to do it. Less chance of damage to the enforcer and if we suppose that like most young predators new cubi have really messy first kills the dragon looks like the big hero for ridding the town of evil.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Manawolf

Till they give the bill to add to their treasure hoards.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on September 25, 2006, 12:15:27 PM
All dragons know that cubi are delicious and stay crispy in milk. But you have to get them when they are young; older cubi are full of arrogance and pride and you just can't cover the taste with any sause.

Joking aside, dragons are intelligent and consider themselves some sort of police force. If they've decided that cubis need to be kept in check (either by elimination or herd thinning) picking off the young is probably the easiest way to do it. Less chance of damage to the enforcer and if we suppose that like most young predators new cubi have really messy first kills the dragon looks like the big hero for ridding the town of evil.

Quote from: Manawolf on September 25, 2006, 12:22:28 PM

Which is why the workers of Furrae must act now to get rid of their capitalist dragon overlords! COMMUNISM 4EVAZ THUG LIFE YO

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Manawolf on September 25, 2006, 12:22:28 PM

I guess that would depend on if this is Dragon public policy or a stealth campaign. If Pyro had been out to get Dan (or Aeri or Able for that matter) would he have turned into a dragon and stepped on them or would it have been something CSI:  Furae would have a harder time tracing back to a dragon.

I'd guess the second because dragons are smart and sneaky. It would also behoove both races to keep the war quiet so that no outside party manipulates them one against the other.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Manawolf

Smart maybe.  Sneaky...I'm not sure anything the size of a building can be that sneaky, unless they're a good dragon who can actually change shape.  The evil dragons prefer the more direct "Give tribute or burn" approach.

ShiningShadow

What happens you give a Dragon a muffin, pie, pancakes or waffles. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *pondering* Anywho i think all Dragons have achieve this form of stealth to mingle with the population. That's why you don't see them as much as before. I don't know i'm just rambling here.
Pyro does look cute with puppet and all............... :mowmeep

Mel Dragonkitty

How do you know what the sneaky ones are doing, if they're good at being sneaky?

Why do you think only dragons aligned to good can change size and shape? Demo 101 only says that "Dragons are often diverse in various shapes and sizes, and quite a few have the ability to alter their form to become the size of a regular being or creature."

Weleho Rogan

One would figure that most of the dragons, being an ancient race, should be able to use magic like it was yet another limb or something  :)

I've always simply adored dragons and I am glad that in DMFA dragons appear most of the time as the type of dragons I admire.. But, it seems that dragons, in all their complexity, come in all shapes and sizes, don't think they even have any sort of races yet due to them living so long.. that way isolation couldn't have yet really altered dragons to certain moulds, if there is isolation between dragons  :P

Alondro

*Charline meh*  Someone should unite the cubi and dragons.  And I think it could be done with the traditional method of a marriage between the feuding groups.   Ah-ha!  So that's what it's all about!

*Alondro erms*  But Alexsi isn't a cubi.

*Charline hmms*  But she's the sister of one... does that count?

*Alondro notes* Half-sister.

*Charline*  D'oh!  I guess I'll have to volunteer.  *leers*  And I'd need to remind my scaly suitor to remain in full dragon form during the honeymoon... rrrowrrr...   :kittydevious
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

TheDXM

Abel's not nessecarily prone to racism. It's possible that Dragons tend to be on the more agressive side of the racial tension, and Abel was just simply prepared to defend Dan.

I wonder if Pyro knew Dan was a Cubi all this time and never meant to tell him?

Aridas

Well, he probably didn't want to disappoint him. Too late now, I'd guess.

Zedd

Well now isnt this a serious little twist...Hmmm..Well now we know more why things go on the realm of Abbys mind but I do hope somehow Pyro and Abel can work on thigs toghter

Boog

So, we know that Aary had reason to keep dragons away from Dan too... Several possibilites present themselves.
1) Dan is important somehow other than having his name in the title of the comic. (wouldn't be too surprized; Mab went with this big ordeal with the fae a while back, Jyrras is a mad scientist, Lorenda's related to a fairly famous demon, Abel's the adopted son of the headmistress of SAIA, Pyro's a mysterious dragon and possible time traveller, so now all that's left is Wildy, who I still think is a were)
2) Dragons and cubi hate each other on general principles; two arrogent, powerful, long lived species. Do the math.
3) Dragons and cubi hate each other for a very specific reason. (B says A sneak attacked B when A says B sneak attacked A)
4) Pyro has attracted some sort of infamy working for the dragon government (not too likely, if they let him laze about in a pub all the time rather than keeping him busy and where they can keep an eye on him)

I miss anything other than "alien conspiracy"?

Aridas

Wildy could be a were. After all, wasn't Wildy a human fan? and does it not say that weres have a human form? It all fits. >.>

thegayhare

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 25, 2006, 04:08:44 PM

3) Dragons and cubi hate each other for a very specific reason. (B says A sneak attacked B when A says B sneak attacked A)

And thus you have the battle of Koom Valley the only known battle were both sides ambushed each other at the same time

Ducjo_Orpor

Must... not... huggle... Aary-puppet... So... Cute....

Kenji

Quote from: Gabi on September 25, 2006, 10:05:33 AM
Quote from: Dard on September 25, 2006, 09:24:55 AM
Abel really has to give Pyroduck credit for coming up with an equally distracting, longer lasting and less painful (at least physically) way to distract Aary besides De-Dressu!
Pyro's too smart and proud of it to miss a chance to take advantage of Aary's defects.

So Abel's a racist. Who would have thought so, after all the discrimination he's been the target of? Then again, that happens more often than anyone would expect.

Cubi seem to have a habit of being racist, don't they? At least the main ones. :T How silly. I bet the first people of the world that had thought and groupings just did a raffle as to what species and races would have each other. Yup. That's what I bet it was.

Magic

I don't think that's intelligence so much as foresight. Wisdom is different from hard logic, linguistic, spatial/etc. proficiencies. Besides; intelligences, although innate for some, are developed and can be developed. Plus, you often hear of wise dragons, not book-smart dragons.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zedd

Its hard to tell who to really trust...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Simple. Don't trust Ink.

Well, other than trusting him to be Ink, and evil, and nasty, just because he is... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Umm how can I not..Im his student/employee...So how can I not follow a guy who gave me a job?  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

I didn't say don't follow him. Just don't trust him. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shooba

xD Looks like the Cubi and my old RP character, Winger, have something in common.  :bunny

Alondro

*Charline slithers in grins*  Why don't you trusssssst in me?  Jusssst in me...   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Boog

Quote from: Alondro on September 25, 2006, 10:07:33 PM
*Charline slithers in grins*  Why don't you trusssssst in me?  Jusssst in me...   >:3
At this point, do you really have to ask? Points for the Jungle Book reference though.

ShiningShadow

I think in the theory something happened later on in the future that some how affected this time stream altered history is some way. Like that episode in Enterprise that guy from way into the future to warn Cpt. Archer of the time wars. I know that too geeky coming from a Star Trekkie xD. But that theory has not been even said here. Who knows what Amber is pondering but I bet you it will be very cool.

Zedd

I'd trust any cubi in a dmfa relm like RJ,Abel,Ink Fa'lina ,Max......Maybe Dan....But not Kaa like Charline!

ShiningShadow

Then what about me do you trust me? :mowmeep

GabrielsThoughts

So, we know that Aary had reason to keep dragons away from Dan too... Several possibilites present themselves.
1) Dan is important somehow other than having his name in the title of the comic. (wouldn't be too surprized; Mab went with this big ordeal with the fae a while back, Jyrras is a mad scientist, Lorenda's related to a fairly famous demon, Abel's the adopted son of the headmistress of SAIA, Pyro's a mysterious dragon and possible time traveller, so now all that's left is Wildy, who I still think is a were)
2) Dragons and cubi hate each other on general principles; two arrogent, powerful, long lived species. Do the math.
4) Pyro has attracted some sort of infamy working for the dragon government (not too likely, if they let him laze about in a pub all the time rather than keeping him busy and where they can keep an eye on him)

I miss anything other than "alien conspiracy"?

1) Dude, wildy is a twink. she can be whatever she wants at whatever power level she wants and call everyone else a NooB!

2) Dragons and Cubi hate eachother because this is an extended version of the Webcomic cliche's wherein there is a bitter generalizatin of one group towards another. see  _here_ .  This may very well imply that Dan was also aware that Pyroduck was a dragon from the start.

3) Dragons and Cubi do hate eachother for a specific reason, it is  because a great  powerfull creator from a world not unlike our own has declared it so.

4)it is possible Pyro is a time traveler and is trying to stay out of history's way as much as possible...hence the lack of preventing events from taking place such as a multiple kidnappings involving the Ti'Fiona clan.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Reese Tora

Quote from: thegayhare on September 25, 2006, 04:21:07 PM

And thus you have the battle of Koom Valley the only known battle were both sides ambushed each other at the same time

*shakes fist theatrically* curse you, faster-poster-than-me man! (or is that able-to-post-durring-the-day man :P )

care for a game of thud? >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation