2019-05-20 [DMFA #1925] Time to go

Started by Tapewolf, May 20, 2019, 05:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I guess they're going to have to put the sharpie back on Fi after this.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Hopefully they won't stay that size consider their habit of eating anything smaller then them,  right now  that includes the rest of the group. Maybe that's how they are traveling this time, all aboard the warp-aci gullet express!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

WhyNot?

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 20, 2019, 05:31:38 AM
Hopefully they won't stay that size consider their habit of eating anything smaller then them,  right now  that includes the rest of the group. Maybe that's how they are traveling this time, all aboard the warp-aci gullet express!

I actually had the same thought. I suppose if there are any spells out there that can tell you a Warp-Aci's travel history, it's a novel way to get around it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on May 20, 2019, 05:37:02 AM
I actually had the same thought. I suppose if there are any spells out there that can tell you a Warp-Aci's travel history, it's a novel way to get around it.

Given Piflak and Illiath's past demonstrations of Warp-Aci loyalty, I'd also be worried about someone bribing them for information, delivering a bomb or suchlike.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shakal

Actually if we ARE going to see the travel happen by wapi=aci eating (Cyra somehow deciding where they get deposited), it might actually be one of the most secure travel means, as the warp-aci wouldn't know where they went (as opposed to if the warp-aci intentionally brought them there)

Dard

"..she's ready for visitors"

I guess that this is code for "coffee and cake are ready".

WhyNot?

Hmm, the Katbox description comparing it to 'filling up your car before a long trip' makes me think we're not going to have eating shenanigans. Still I think the idea behind it is sound enough to be my 3rd useful thing for knowing what happens to what your Warp-Aci eats. For reference the other two are:

1. Faking your/others deaths. Being eaten by some shadowy entity is probably going to seem a very open and shut case. Useful for getting out of trouble or pulling off Johan Cross style exiles.

2. I'd assume there are such things that stop teleportation. Does that affect what happens to what a Warp-Aci eats? If not, smuggling objects or people out of someplace, then going back regular style for it/them after you leave the area of effect could be useful. Of course this is working on the tenuous logic of it working like that, who knows if it does? Probably very awkward for the Warp-Aci to eat in general in such a place if it's not.

I'm curious, does anyone think there any other uses for this, that just having a Warp-Aci in general doesn't solve?

e_voyager

I too wondered if that was a sign that they were going to be swallowed as Cyra took charge of and adjusted the warp arcs settings.  Express Travel no memory of the destination especially since most warp art meal wind-up teleported to a random hence Wiley's arrival at that Beach
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey