2019-04-05 [DMFA #1914] - Of false friendships and pie

Started by Tapewolf, April 05, 2019, 08:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Certainly some words of wisdom there.  Though at least as far as Aary is concerned, Fa'Lina's foresight offers some degree of surety.
On another point, I wonder when Dan is going to tell his girlfriend that he'd become Hizell's Public Enemy No.1 as soon as he learns of his existence.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasae Bushae

Doubt it will happen but it would be quite nice if Matilda appeared
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Dard

Now THAT could become interesting!

Remember: Granny-form is not her true form! It is an illusion! Nor is it an avatar like Fa'Lina's or the other clan leaders at the meeting!

That would make one hell of an impression to a girlfriend if the grandmother is some 20 meters tall!  >:3
Also: how would someone 20 meters tall make pie?  :erk

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on April 05, 2019, 10:30:22 AM
That would make one hell of an impression to a girlfriend if the grandmother is some 20 meters tall!  >:3
Also: how would someone 20 meters tall make pie?  :erk

Assuming she doesn't just will the pie into existing, she'd probably use an avatar.
Where a Most Wanted clan leader would get the ingredients from is another matter, though.  She might give Dan a shopping list for when he shows up.
I'd also consider that unless she's taken up cooking as a hobby during her self-imposed exile, she's probably about 7000 years out of practice.

MT Hazard

I'd say that Cyra has probably talked to some people in the last several thousand years, otherwise she would be quite mad at this point.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Rafe

Here's a barely on-topic but interesting parallel for you. There is a famous Russian tale of deception and pie.

Russian fairy tales (and cartoons) have a recurring cast of characters - Misha the strong but slightly dim-witted bear, Kosoy the nervous Rabbit, and Sergunya the wolf, who is big and bad at times but can also be helpful and even kind. Then there's Lisa the vixen.  Lisa is charming, beautiful and intelligent. Everybody likes her - at first anyway. Most of the time, Lisa comes up with some way to con the other animals out of their food or possessions.

Not to get too wordy here, but in one story, a rather shiftless cat is left in the woods by his owner. Lisa finds the cat (she's never seen one before) and is scared but curious. The cat, also scared and curious, and a con-artist himself, introduces himself as "Kotofey Ivanovich, sent here from Siberia to be the new Governor." Lisa doesn't believe a word of it, but plays along, and comes up with one of her devious plots, mentioning that Kotofey is a short-tempered "Siberian cat" (conjuring up visions of Siberian tigers, panthers and snow leopards with the other animals).

But first, she introduces herself with her full name, Lisaveta Petrovna, invites him back to her place for pie, and convinces him that they should get married.

Image is from a 1946 version. Can't find a link to an English subtitled version of that one, but here's a very good recent version with English subs:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc9UYBYEGZQ
I suggest you watch it. It is a nicely done story.

Rafe

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 05, 2019, 11:27:56 AM
I'd say that Cyra has probably talked to some people in the last several thousand years, otherwise she would be quite mad at this point.
Mad as in "Good morning, Mr Key! I made him out of me own teeth!", or...?

e_voyager

The moment it's found out that he has girlfriend Grandma starts thinking about great-grandkids. That seems normal right
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cassi-kun

I have to wonder how Matilda would react to any pressure to make babies, given the culture she was raised in.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

The One Guy

I find it amusing how everyone's jumping on the topic of babies.  I mean, yes it makes sense given both that she likely wants her clan to grow and the whole stereotypical grandma thing, but Cyra literally hasn't mentioned babies once yet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: The One Guy on April 08, 2019, 06:25:32 PM
I find it amusing how everyone's jumping on the topic of babies.  I mean, yes it makes sense given both that she likely wants her clan to grow and the whole stereotypical grandma thing, but Cyra literally hasn't mentioned babies once yet.

Not in the present conversation, no... but she did very strongly imply it on page 1213.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2019, 07:19:11 PM

Not in the present conversation, no... but she did very strongly imply it on page 1213.
Mink and Aary also broached the subject on page 1608, specifically in regards to Cyra liking Matilda.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

CompassArisen

I want this to lead into dan having a revelation that the 20 meter tall giant magic woman that is actually physically in front of him is his grandmother with the pie offered when she showed as the expected grandma size. As a complement to him coming to terms with his mom being an infamous succubi.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: CompassArisen on April 09, 2019, 11:29:12 PM
I want this to lead into dan having a revelation that the 20 meter tall giant magic woman that is actually physically in front of him is his grandmother with the pie offered when she showed as the expected grandma size. As a complement to him coming to terms with his mom being an infamous succubi.

Pretty sure Dan already knows Cyra's his gran. Seeing her in her true 20 m glory might be a first, of course.

Rafe

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 10, 2019, 02:25:42 AM

Pretty sure Dan already knows Cyra's his gran. Seeing her in her true 20 m glory might be a first, of course.

Dan has already seen Cyra in her true form, and he found it unsettling to say the least. That's why she appears to him as a more conventional grandmotherly projection we see in the present comic. The first time was here in comic #1212:

I wonder what Matilda would think about her true appearance, or Aaryanna. Maybe we'll see.
Rafe

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Rafe on April 10, 2019, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on April 10, 2019, 02:25:42 AM

Dan has already seen Cyra in her true form, and he found it unsettling to say the least. That's why she appears to him as a more conventional grandmotherly projection we see in the present comic. The first time was here in comic #1212:

Silly me.

e_voyager

honestly I thought you were going to post the picture where he's calling out to her using the name game as a Way to focus is mine and she says yes while holding him in the palm of her hand. Man I should go and reread the archives again
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tonan

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2019, 07:19:11 PM

I don' know that I would call that very strongly.  She's basically bantering with him on typical grandmotherly behaviour.  I don't recall her mentionning kids otherwise.  In fact, I get the impression that she's generally careful not to overwhelm Dan, and to let their relationship develop rather than pushing anything.