2019-02-18 [DMFA #1904] - He likes pain, though

Started by Tapewolf, February 18, 2019, 06:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Hopefully that is a convincing enough reason for Dan to drop the idea.
I can see Aary getting through a lot of gloves that way, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Let me guess, wear and tear coupled with the difficulty of shifting blood?

TheAuldGrump

Aary's expression in panel 2...  :giggle

The Auld Grump

Cassi-kun

Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2019, 06:41:09 AM

Bah, it's a world of enchantments and sorcery. I'm sure they're either puncture-proof, or made by shape-shifting.

EDIT: I just remembered that shape-shifted fabric can still be cut. Unless it's made from her wings...

Cassi-kun

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 18, 2019, 01:12:41 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 18, 2019, 06:41:09 AM

Bah, it's a world of enchantments and sorcery. I'm sure they're either puncture-proof, or made by shape-shifting.
I'd say shapeshifting, since puncture-proof would mean blunting the damage

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cassi-kun on February 18, 2019, 02:32:43 PM
I'd say shapeshifting, since puncture-proof would mean blunting the damage

I have a vague recollection from way back that Aary knows how to alter clothing she wore, which is how her dress changes colour with her mood.  That being the case, she could puncture the glove with her claws and heal it afterwards.  Assuming that faculty is actually canon, of course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Drakkenmensch

I love Aary's expressions in this page. She gets so much information across through face acting alone. Splendid!

Rafe

Aary refering to Mink using the pronoun "they" / "their" threw me off a bit, but then I realized it was Mink we were talking about. It works fine in that context.
Rafe

Tuyu

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 18, 2019, 01:12:41 PM
EDIT: I just remembered that shape-shifted fabric can still be cut. Unless it's made from her wings...
That applies to external forces.

If the gloves are created by shapeshifting, she can just shift them to confrom to her claws.

I wonder how much Dan wants to see Abel, though. I'd kinda like to see him push a request through proper channels, with an "If he doesn't want to see me, I want to hear it from him" attitude.

The One Guy

Quote from: Rafe on February 19, 2019, 06:52:07 AM
Aary refering to Mink using the pronoun "they" / "their" threw me off a bit, but then I realized it was Mink we were talking about. It works fine in that context.

I still find it a bit odd actually.  When I see the singular they used referring to someone, I always think of it as meaning they're agender or otherwise nonbinary, but my understanding is that Mink is of unknown gender, not agender.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: The One Guy on February 20, 2019, 08:24:21 PM
but my understanding is that Mink is of unknown gender, not agender.
Mink's assigned gender and actual gender identity are both undisclosed at this point, but I think it's safe to treat them as a genderless character unless/until they personally dictate otherwise.

Akisohida

We know Mink's gender!

Mink's gender is 'Mink'. Or is it'Squiggle'? ....I may need to break out my labcoat and telescope again..

Not that I have a telescope to spy on people! Why would you even ask? No one mentioned a telescope! I don't even know what a telescope is! Stop mentioning telescopes!

Also; yes. I love Aary's face. The same face I used to get when I worked in customer service.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.